Discovery Gaming Community
Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event (/showthread.php?tid=148652)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Vendetta - 03-12-2017

Omicron, two different people have approached you about this weeks ago. I would've done it myself were I and my HC not blocked, and would've been more than interested in working out something, but it's very hard to communicate with people who have no interest in communicating with us at all.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Calo - 03-12-2017

Remember Royal Flush?

I think that question sums that event pretty much.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Omicron - 03-12-2017

Teerin had not received my approval, furthermore I had no say about it. The extreme one-sided nature and internal discussion within Order| of the event further pushed me towards decision to boycot the event.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Chrono - 03-12-2017

Coulda come to me Vendetta, you've done it before.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Jayce - 03-12-2017

The Zoners never had any input in Omicega and I NEMPing their base.

The Zoners never had any input in the Core sieging their Freeport.

They fought back, and from what I see, they won. Every blockade/cargo running event resulted in a Zoner success, due to the sheer fact that indies will log to ship for profits. It'll be over in a week, and we go back to status quo, or you might even get some benefit out of it. For example, the Zoners got a broken biodome, and 3 Carrier platforms for what, a month?

See how it plays out.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Dave Synk - 03-12-2017

"Tear down the wall". This would seem probably very one sided given the battling factions. Organize events better and more balanced so all have fun not only one side. This should go down.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Vendetta - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 01:05 PM)Omicron Wrote: Teerin had not received my approval, furthermore I had no say about it. The extreme one-sided nature and internal discussion within Order| of the event further pushed me towards decision to boycot the event.

Had you at any point in time considered reaching out to us to discuss it when it was brought forward? I'm pretty sure Justin approached you, too, and he coordinated half of the event as well.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - oZoneRanger - 03-12-2017

Seems like if you are going to organize an event, everyone involved, ie Attackers and Defenders, should be involved in the planning. As it is, this "Event" seems more scripted to have a guaranteed outcome of victory for one side.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Kauket - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 01:02 PM)PRJKTLRD Wrote: This event seems one sided a lot. Should we mention that Order and other group (s) sided with Order weren't consulted with at all.

Which is entirely false. There was plentiful of talk. I wish for the ORG / OBSC / <O> to let their have their opinions. One hour is too little, some people aren't around.

(03-12-2017, 01:02 PM)Thyrzul Wrote:
(03-12-2017, 12:49 PM)Omicron Wrote: that has us fly the very few (almost non-existent) transport fleet across entire Sirius

Does this mean Order in general is barely or not at all capable to support one of their own battleships far away from the rest of their forces via a quite ineffective, costy and long supply line? Or is it just that the Order playerbase doesn't really like to properly represent that helluva stretch of forces and fly all the way to where Atum is, but otherwise pretty fine with their extension of influence provided by the location of that ship because it's more convenient that way?

Just saying, according to FLCompanion the shortest route between Taba and Atum with a 15k credit profit is about 40% more profitable than the average ore route.

That too, which is interesting. But.

Why not allow a pew session with infinite respawns at 8:00 pm SMT? Why do people have to take this so overexaggeratedly and so personally?

Maybe there could have been advertisements, but we never got any time indication.

(03-12-2017, 01:06 PM)Jayce Wrote: The Zoners never had any input in Omicega and I NEMPing their base.

The Zoners never had any input in the Core sieging their Freeport.

They fought back, and from what I see, they won. Every blockade/cargo running event resulted in a Zoner success, due to the sheer fact that indies will log to ship for profits. It'll be over in a week, and we go back to status quo, or you might even get some benefit out of it. For example, the Zoners got a broken biodome, and 3 Carrier platforms for what, a month?

See how it plays out.

Also /definitely/ what Jayce says.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Shaggy - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 01:02 PM)Thyrzul Wrote:
(03-12-2017, 12:49 PM)Omicron Wrote: that has us fly the very few (almost non-existent) transport fleet across entire Sirius

Does this mean Order in general is barely or not at all capable to support one of their own battleships far away from the rest of their forces via a quite ineffective, costy and long supply line? Or is it just that the Order playerbase doesn't really like to properly represent that helluva stretch of forces and fly all the way to where Atum is, but otherwise pretty fine with their extension of influence provided by the location of that ship because it's more convenient that way?

Just saying, according to FLCompanion the shortest route between Taba and Atum with a 15k credit profit is about 40% more profitable than the average ore route.

I cant answer your question but as far as i am aware. INRP the Atum was in a location that could not be found. In a location that was heavily hidden and was unable to be found.