Discovery Gaming Community
Reapers of Sirius - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Reapers of Sirius (/showthread.php?tid=151102)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Reapers of Sirius - Sombs - 06-16-2017

(06-16-2017, 03:18 PM)Docent Wrote:
(06-16-2017, 03:14 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: If anything, leave Cayman untouched for the new approach but take the other weirdly placed Reaper bases away. If the Reapers don't care for Cayman anymore, the SCRA can at least take it over.

On the other hand, I'd rather see people remove them inRP instead of contributing nothing and just complaining about those stations.

there's an idea - revive ROS temporarily and make an even of it! let the SCRA take over Cayman iRP! - i'd playthat for sure (on the ROS side that is), but i need some wingmen. takers?

1. FA are currently reviving ROS.
2. SCRA for some reason is rather aiming for Canaria instead of Cayman, which would have been the more logic decision to make to cut off the Corsairs completely from Battlegroup Fes while avoiding potential drama with BAF, Corsairs and Zoners.

RE: Reapers of Sirius - Karst - 06-16-2017

It was a gross miscalculation on part of the devs that because there was a brief effort made to revive the faction, they should be given several completely illogical stations. It's also an affront to the countless vanilla official factions that have had solid activity for years and have gotten nothing to show for it.

I'll just say what I said in the new revival thread, RoS are a relic of the past that belong where the Mandalorians and Phantoms went.

Edit: I should add that I believe that people who are interested in playing a "Reaper-esque" faction are well advised to start anew. Unfortunately, the presence of massive Reaper assets in game makes people believe they are still an integral part of discovery lore, which is just straight up untrue. Again, this is a failing of the devs, who should have removed those assets years ago as they did with the Phantoms.

Please, if you want to make a Reaper faction, start it from scratch and see how it fits.

RE: Reapers of Sirius - Enkidu - 06-16-2017

(06-16-2017, 03:24 PM)Karst Wrote: It was a gross miscalculation on part of the devs that because there was a brief effort made to revive the faction, they should be given several completely illogical stations. It's also an affront to the countless vanilla official factions that have had solid activity for years and have gotten nothing to show for it.

I'll just say what I said in the new revival thread, RoS are a relic of the past that belong where the Mandalorians and Phantoms went.

Edit: I should add that I believe that people who are interested in playing a "Reaper-esque" faction are well advised to start anew. Unfortunately, the presence of massive Reaper assets in game makes people believe they are still an integral part of discovery lore, which is just straight up untrue. Again, this is a failing of the devs, who should have removed those assets years ago as they did with the Phantoms.

Please, if you want to make a Reaper faction, start it from scratch and see how it fits.

Anything ingame is integral, barring obviously retconned things like ghost Phantom infocards.

RE: Reapers of Sirius - Tabris - 06-17-2017

While I cannot say anything specific I can say there is a plan in place for Reaper Assets in the event of faction removal as well as a suitable story in place for their demise. That is me talking as a Dev, not a player or faction Lead. Smile

Now as a Player I'll say that while the Reapers was an interesting idea back in the day it's rapidly becoming irrelevant to the overall Mod as the focus is mostly on folks like the Houses or larger Revolutionaries like Council or the Hessians or even the massive pirate factions like the Corsairs or Outcasts. Sad It's not a matter of it being 'interesting' anymore. But what folks are willing/wanting to play as.

RE: Reapers of Sirius - Jayce - 06-17-2017

Reapers have no place in modern Discovery lore.

They defecate from a great height upon normal, relevant Vanilla officials that have nothing to show for their efforts and contributions but dusty old stations and a stagnant storyline. Why should the Reapers have their own systems, their own stations, their own infocards?

The RoS are an admins-pet faction, much like the IND. They needed that to remain relevant, and they no longer have it. It's time for them to go.

RE: Reapers of Sirius - Durandal - 06-17-2017

(06-17-2017, 01:21 AM)Jayce Wrote: The RoS are an admins-pet faction, much like the IND. They needed that to remain relevant, and they no longer have it. It's time for them to go.

Regardless of the validity of everything else you may have said, what history book have you been reading from? To the best of my knowledge, the only admin ever involved in the RoS was Joe, and he certainly never led the thing.

The RoS was @Lohingren's and @SilentAssassin82's child, it was never an admin thing.

RE: Reapers of Sirius - Goliath - 06-17-2017

Realers of Sirius have a really good purpose, and the Fallen Angels are trying to ressurect it. Can't they get a second chance...?

RE: Reapers of Sirius - Tabris - 06-17-2017

Technically this would be their third chance. Fallen Angels tried before but couldn't maintain their presence. Wink

RE: Reapers of Sirius - Zyliath - 06-17-2017

Give them a chance, let's see how they thrive.

If it works, who are we to deny them the chance of integrating with the modern Disco lore?

In my eyes, most of the vets aren't able to look ahead of the vanilla lore...or are just the usual bittervets that want to do like they wish to. Of course, there are exceptions to my statement.

This said - give the Fallen Angels a last chance.
My 2 cents.

RE: Reapers of Sirius - Rusty Wing - 06-17-2017

While there are people who are interested in the faction, there is no point in removing, in my humble opinion.
They are not newbies. It's a perfectly written fraction with confident RP-goals.
So, I think, that they deserve a third chance. May be even the last.