Discovery Gaming Community
NEMP THE WORLD - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: NEMP THE WORLD (/showthread.php?tid=152350)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: NEMP THE WORLD - Emperor Tekagi - 07-31-2017

A sidenote: Why is Newport not listed as excluded bases when Barrier Gate is??? Get Newport back to Yanagi please, Junkers in S-13 made way more sense,
Vanilla having Junkers there had a reason!

(07-31-2017, 11:38 PM)Captain_Nemo Wrote: Valetta Shipyard, Omicron Alpha
Tripoli Shipyard, Omicron Gamma
Freeport 9, Omicron Theta
Culebra Smelter, Puerto Rico

For entertainment value I think the Cortez => California jumpgate/jumphole would be an epic one, force everyone though Magellan

All nice ideas, when I suggested my unlawful idea I thought more about an Outpost of one of the involved factions but the Shipyards in the home systems could work too. Would also give a reason for raids into each others home systems.

RE: NEMP THE WORLD - Shalo - 07-31-2017

NEMP anything in the hostile list of GG's diplomacy, preferebly something from PFI if they existed or OSC... Smile

RE: NEMP THE WORLD - JorgeRyan - 07-31-2017

Nemp lagos and manuel outposts simultaneously and make oc/sairs fite over the repairs

RE: NEMP THE WORLD - Tabris - 07-31-2017

Nothing because I'm usually too busy in both RL and Discovery work (Mod/Faciton Lead/Dev stuff) to really participate in the events that drop NEMP parts due to the time-slots. Sad

RE: NEMP THE WORLD - Kauket - 07-31-2017

(07-31-2017, 11:41 PM)NieRdackel Wrote: A sidenote: Why is Newport not listed as excluded bases when Barrier Gate is???

because barrier gate sells faction ids that aren't sold anywhere else.

RE: NEMP THE WORLD - Sombs - 07-31-2017

(07-31-2017, 11:38 PM)Captain_Nemo Wrote: Valetta Shipyard, Omicron Alpha
Tripoli Shipyard, Omicron Gamma
Freeport 9, Omicron Theta
Culebra Smelter, Puerto Rico

For entertainment value I think the Cortez => California jumpgate/jumphole would be an epic one, force everyone though Magellan

California has a JH to Cortez, tho.

The thing with the NEMPs in general is that they have only as much impact on the story as the playerbase allows it. We had luck so far with Freeport 11, that was extremely well perceived. Tutashkhia's NEMP on California was sort of okay. Thus I'd rather have a target that actually has some impact on the game. Rochester would be okay, but then again, we know people only do so much RP about Rochester. I think the most interesting targets to me right now would be Yaren, if Bellona would get hit as well; the Hudson-Hamburg connection, the Gallic Battleship in Magellan, the Leeds docking ring + mooring fixture, defending battleship + Tau-31 gate (that would be pretty costly but epic if Gallia, Liberty, Bretonia and Crayter would join the fun) or the Curacao mooring fixture, although people know how much I'm into Curacao.

RE: NEMP THE WORLD - Antonio - 07-31-2017

The reason I used my NEMP on FP11 was because I wanted to connect roleplay and activity. It's the iconic central base of the Omicrons and a roleplay hub. A perfect place to strike as Iseijin/Nomads to deliver a message, while also creating a nice event that brought a ton of activity such as the epic 30+ people fights and a lot of ships with 22 turets of neutrality. The repair event had a great location as well (Corinth Research Station), being in a system that's not completely bottlenecked but had only 2 ways in and out, so you could intercept a lot of transports and force Zoners to defend people. It was probably my favorite event on Discovery.

Location is very important for a good NEMP event, because you not only have to pick a station/gate/hole that people visit often to attract activity but even more importantly also think of repair event stations and how to bottleneck activity there. If there are too many (probably more than 3) ways to the repair stations, it's going to be very hard to stop the supplies and then transports will have an easy time delivering the repairs quickly. If I'm not mistaken it took more than 2 weeks to deliver all commodities for FP11 NEMP, which was due to the perfect position in Omicron Kappa.

Edit: For example NEMPing Omega 3 - Omega 7 gate and putting the repair event on Freeport 1 or Aland is a prime example of a well placed NEMP that shuts down the famous Omega passage, forcing people to partake in the event, while also being small enough to intercept incoming transports from Cambridge or Omegas 9 and 5.

RE: NEMP THE WORLD - JorgeRyan - 07-31-2017

Cali has 2 jumps into cortez but there's only the one jump out to manchester. Nemp that? Then ppl have to route through Magellan ?

RE: NEMP THE WORLD - Stoner_Steve - 08-01-2017

Why all the hate for Orbital, all we want to do is be snooty and move slaves passengers

But since we are on that train of thought

I think The Luxury Liner Mackinac would be a better choice. Have everyone blame everyone for attacking the ship

RE: NEMP THE WORLD - Sombs - 08-01-2017

Question is would Core become more active again if we had that or something similar once more? I'd personally wait for Lyth being unbanned again, hoping he'd refrain from giving anyone any reason to report him. (sun)