Discovery Gaming Community
Old Mortar vs Current Mortar - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Old Mortar vs Current Mortar (/showthread.php?tid=157136)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Old Mortar vs Current Mortar - Titan* - 01-17-2018

dont forget to vote

RE: Old Mortar vs Current Mortar - Felipe - 01-17-2018

i would prefer to see the "repairs" of rework done before more things get done, but eh...

* Felipe looks to battlecruisers and cry

RE: Old Mortar vs Current Mortar - Durandal - 01-18-2018

Can we please not remove one of Discovery's coolest and most iconic effects? The 'current mortars' are actually the old old mortars of .85, which were brought back after popular demand. Let's not change them again.

RE: Old Mortar vs Current Mortar - Titan* - 01-18-2018

oh well, no chance to change mortar effects now, durandal is art dev head so... no point anymore

can an admin or mod delete this thread?

RE: Old Mortar vs Current Mortar - sasapinjic - 01-18-2018

(01-17-2018, 10:50 PM)Felipe Wrote: i would prefer to see the "repairs" of rework done before more things get done, but eh...
Basicly this.

I am fine with either look of Mortars, current or past ones, i am more interesting in New toys or fixing old ones.

RE: Old Mortar vs Current Mortar - Kauket - 01-18-2018

(01-18-2018, 12:31 AM)Titan* Wrote: oh well, no chance to change mortar effects now, durandal is art dev head so... no point anymore

lol you people can't make up your mind

'revert it to the old one!'
'bring the other one back pls!'

personally i wouldn't mind having some parts of the old ini in the new one so people can swap out the alchemy file if they dont like it and can swap it around

RE: Old Mortar vs Current Mortar - Wilfred - 01-18-2018

I don't know how the visual effects actually work, but... would it be possible to have two different mortars?

RE: Old Mortar vs Current Mortar - Durandal - 01-18-2018

(01-18-2018, 01:52 AM)Auzari Wrote:
(01-18-2018, 12:31 AM)Titan* Wrote: oh well, no chance to change mortar effects now, durandal is art dev head so... no point anymore

personally i wouldn't mind having some parts of the old ini in the new one so people can swap out the alchemy file if they dont like it and can swap it around

Then update vis_effects.ini with all of the textures and send it to me so I can push it to git?

RE: Old Mortar vs Current Mortar - Titan* - 01-18-2018

(01-18-2018, 02:35 AM)Wilfred Wrote: I don't know how the visual effects actually work, but... would it be possible to have two different mortars?

thats basically 2 different weapon it will confuse people for sure

(01-18-2018, 01:52 AM)Auzari Wrote:

Yeah Tongue
old mortar projectile was way more better because you can easly see where it goes. Like i said it fits more.
Currently mortar projectiles are big as heavy gunboats and it doesnt have increased hitbox aswell.

Wonder how it would be to have complete different type of artillery weapon for each house instead of generic arty weapon... meh too much work it is already very hard to think how weapon effect gonna look like aswell

RE: Old Mortar vs Current Mortar - Reddy - 01-18-2018

BC mortar, normal bs mortar and light mortar effects are less pleasing to see when they hit. meybe give them different colors or hurricane missle explosions or something similar along those lines