Discovery Gaming Community
Question about required faction participation - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Question about required faction participation (/showthread.php?tid=15751)

Pages: 1 2 3

Question about required faction participation - Death.RunningVerminator - 01-26-2009

1. I dont think any of the factions "require" you to play. I'm pretty sure none of the factions do. Yes im quite certain!

2. You can be a distraction for us outcasts to run away when we see yoda! (a tough dude that scares me):P

no...seriously....

Question about required faction participation - Vero - 01-26-2009

I don't know of any factions with minimum time requirements. If there are any they should drop that policy. People's real lives should always come first.

Join us at Synth Foods. The LWB and AFA are always looking for one of us to RP with, not to mention the countless pirates in and around Liberty who would love to RP with you.

Question about required faction participation - pieguy259 - 01-27-2009

' Wrote:what factions would want a part time member (me) who sucks at fighter combat but is fairly good at role playing?

*puts arm around shoulders* Let's take a walk, shall we?

Question about required faction participation - Dieter Schprokets - 01-27-2009

' Wrote:1st.

i've never been in a faction, i've joined two but quickly quit because i never felt i was doing the membership justice with my play schedule.

my question is, do most faction in discovery require members to play a minimum amount of time each week/month?

i've always wanted to hop into a LF and join up with some faction pals, but never thought i could justify my faction membership with my play time.

2nd.

what factions would want a part time member (me) who sucks at fighter combat but is fairly good at role playing?

Firstly, your Avatar is freaking me out. Do not ever show it to your children.

Secondly, there is no biggie about faction members who play part time, as long as they are not key members. Your ability to PVP isn't really an issue, either.

Thirdly, join MM, or BAF, because I'll decide.

:)

Question about required faction participation - MarvinCZ - 01-27-2009

What? We are trying to attract Dreygon into our respective factions? Well, my factions were alerady proposed, so I'll just join the watching crowd.

No doubt there is such rush to get an RPer of your caliber. PvP isn't that important, although at least some survival skills would be good. That also helps you RP longer;)Part time playing is perfectly fine.

Anyway, Dieter will decide:)

Question about required faction participation - Boss - 01-27-2009

I suggest the LPI, RP oriented and LF-friendly!

Or the {SOB}

We're cool like that.

Question about required faction participation - ProwlerPC - 01-27-2009

' Wrote:what factions would want a part time member (me) who sucks at fighter combat but is fairly good at role playing?

Well, GMG| can offer you two things for what you ask: The challenge of adding RP to the Sigmas (paritcularly S-13) and a challenging arena that will get you good with small ships (since GMG| uses small ships) ;)

Question about required faction participation - Dusty Lens - 01-27-2009

The XA maintains a minimum standard of one forum post a month in the message dump following which your membership can be put into "stasis" pending your return to active duty.

What does this translate to? Not much really as we don't have any toys to keep out of reach without avid participation.

But, in earnest, one of the charming things about the Xenos is (to the amusement of some if they remember some of my views on the subject) is that if you have the ability to contribute to the atmosphere of a system via broadcasts you never need to entertain a fight at all.

I prefer the XA keep on the "plane" and hide themselves out in a debris field or similar rather than just hang in the middle of nowhere babbling, but it's actually a fantastic faction for system RP without the necessity of engaging in combat.

Heck, when Laowai had a horrible connection the only thing he would do with his Xeno time would be to broadcast the Xeno Radio channel.

Question about required faction participation - me_b_kevin - 02-02-2009

thanks for all the input. i'm hesitant to join anything yet, i kinda want to see how the 4.85 release affects all the factions and what kind of changes happen.

the goal is to fly a fighter for someone, just want to have fun doing it.

i also have a large train that i can drop into a faction as well. i've been thinking of factionizing it for a while.

Question about required faction participation - Unseelie - 02-02-2009

Factonize to BOWEX.

We has the best of the best of the best. And we has a war.

Go bowex, n stuffs.