Discovery Gaming Community
Missions are not worth it anymore - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Missions are not worth it anymore (/showthread.php?tid=164646)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Missions are not worth it anymore - StDH - 09-22-2018

Let's not forget Cerbs on Carriers and their new cruising technique.

If they could cruise before, sorry, but never happened to me.

RE: Missions are not worth it anymore - Lythrilux - 09-22-2018

(09-22-2018, 10:37 AM)Antonio Wrote: It's almost as if the hardest and most profitable missions should be group effort. 200m per hour was not fine, something had to change. We'll see how this change specifically impacted missions.

>"Missions are broken something had to change"
>Tested missions in Omicron Xi with a Legate, the best mission grinding combo in the game
>People had been saying that Xi was extremely good already.
>Concludes that based on his experience in grinding missions with a specific combo in, once again, the best mission spot in the game, that ALL missions must therefore be broken.

Inane. Never become a scientist Antonio because that's not how you test a hypothesis. This is exactly the problem with the entire argument for these changes. I can guarantee you that Libdread missions against Scyllas do not play the same as Xi. That Mako missions against Nomads do not play like Xi. That Kirk missions against Valors do not play like Xi. The list goes on.

From what I've heard I'm starting to agree that Omicron Xi's viability for missions was questionable. However, if Omicron Xi was the issue, why the hell wasn't it balanced individually? Why were sweeping changes applied across all missions? Don't you see the stupidity in that? It'd be like nerfing all fighters because one fighter outperforms all in a specific system.

It's a bit late now but I would have challenged people to try farming Nomads solo in a Mako before these changes. Still, I'd like to see people attempt it now, and try to say that everything is good and balanced. But hey, screw all the factions except a select few I guess. Time to see even more Legates in Xi, because it's going to become the only viable means of doing missions.

Here's what I think needs to change:
  • Revert the 4x armour buff. This just takes missions out of the realm of possibility for factions that don't have Heavy Battleships. That, or just allow all factions to go for a second Battleship again.
  • Whilst the Hurricane price increase is interesting, I think it's a bit unfair. Hurricanes are the only way for Light Battleships to do missions, and punishing them for that whilst Heavy Battleships have freedom of choice is a bit harsh. I think it would be better to change Hurricanes so that they can exclusively be mounted on Light Battleships. But also I'd keep the ammo cost about maybe a value between 50k - 80k.
  • Bloody review Xi's mission grinding and apply changes to it individually, and to any other spots that might share the same characteristics. Sweeping changes when the mechanic differs between factions and regions is not good balance. I've heard the problem is with Cruiser Commanders? Maybe remove the sell point? Or perhaps move it further away, hybridising missions and trading by forcing players to take their loot across systems for profit, increasing the risk.

RE: Missions are not worth it anymore - Greylock - 09-22-2018

Exactly. Between the cost of missiles and repairs, you only lose money doing missions now.

Also, I think they did cruise before. Watched a breadnaught get wrecked in NL by a swarm of em a week or two ago.

RE: Missions are not worth it anymore - Titan* - 09-22-2018

i agree with @Lythrilux

you can also reduce mission income by removing half of their cargo. If a battleship kill giving you 5 mil, drop it to 2.5mil
1 hour = 100mil is pretty much same as Trading.

Buffing their armor aswell as increasing hurricane cost to 100k is very bad idea when there is easier way to do it

RE: Missions are not worth it anymore - StDH - 09-22-2018

Oh, i actually forgot about factions like Order and Core which don't have Dreadnoughts...

So their only mean of doing missions is to group up and make even less than trading.

Shame,.. RIP.

(09-22-2018, 11:22 AM)StDH Wrote: Oh, i actually forgot about factions like Order and Core which don't have Dreadnoughts...

So their only mean of doing missions is to group up and make even less than trading.

Shame,.. RIP.

I question how viable doing them in groups is now. Before we had to do them in groups because it was so hard.

RE: Missions are not worth it anymore - Sombs - 09-22-2018

I believe things would be fixed if AoE was reduced to the smallest necessary minimum to prevent more than one ship getting hit by it (the longest ship is 1250M, so the distance to the center of the model is 625M if you fire and hit something at the very nose and the very butt of the Ishtar/old Marduk), and all NPC battleships should get rid of Commander/Captain/Admiral drops and have all the same amount of cash cards instead.

Unpopular opinion: Spamming hurricanes at idiotic NPCs should not be more profitable than the chore that is trading, because otherwise everyone will stop trading and go for the fun thing instead, arguing that people will be more likely to group up and fight five Hurricane Legates in Xi than logging a lone bomber with torpedos to kill juicy freighter-shielded armorless defenseless transports.

That being said, I am not sure anymore what the current issue regarding AoE and hitboxes of multi-hitbox-ships like the vanilla battleships is - some say it's fixed, some say it's not.

RE: Missions are not worth it anymore - Greylock - 09-22-2018

(09-22-2018, 11:13 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: I think it would be better to change Hurricanes so that they can exclusively be mounted on Light Battleships.
RIP Antonio hurricane spam on his toku.

he already lost instakill snacs...

(09-22-2018, 11:13 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: I've heard the problem is with Cruiser Commanders? Maybe remove the sell point? Or perhaps move it further away

Moving it would be easily countered by having a buddy with a transport to just fill up and sell all at once, which is what I do.

(09-22-2018, 11:27 AM)Greylock97 Wrote:
(09-22-2018, 11:13 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: I've heard the problem is with Cruiser Commanders? Maybe remove the sell point? Or perhaps move it further away

Moving it would be easily countered by having a buddy with a transport to just fill up and sell all at once, which is what I do.

Is that really a counter though? Your buddy is still running the risk of getting intercepted when he's ferrying the loot to the sell point. I was thinking of having it put it one or two systems away.

RE: Missions are not worth it anymore - Piombo65 - 09-22-2018

I never used hurricanes and I never had problems with missions even in single. But buffing armor on Capital NPC without increasing their rewards once destroyed it it's nosense. NPC should be edited proportionally: Much buffed? Then much rewarding.