Discovery Gaming Community
Racing Ships - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Racing Ships (/showthread.php?tid=16468)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Racing Ships - greasemunky - 02-14-2009

I agree, there needs to be more race tracks, and special danger tracks with asteroids and mines and stuff!

But the ship models are very nice.

Racing Ships - Tenacity - 02-14-2009

Somewhat related, I just put 4 cheetah thrusters on an IMG spatial (it has 2 mine slots, a CM, and the normal thruster slot) and got to 599 speed just on thrusters. But... it drains thruster energy in about 2-3 seconds flat.

Racing Ships - Camtheman Of Freelancer4Ever - 02-14-2009

... if they dont have shields then as soon as you hit an asteroid your camera will shake crazy out of control.

give em a level 4-5 shield.

Racing Ships - me_b_kevin - 02-14-2009

i imagine these as being pure racers. i'm not sure about a shield, if there were ever an obstacle course then not having one would make it that much more interesting. plus there's not much room for anything extra on these....i made this one so it's basically an engine and a cockpit....nothing else.

i wouldn't even give them thrusters, i'd suggest making them jump into cruise almost instantly.

yes more race tracks would be good, but there could also be "cross country" races, similar to Bull Run or the movie Cannonball Run. you'd fly a circuit through out Sirius, maybe docking at certain way points to RP a "pit stop"

Racing Ships - Divine - 02-14-2009

' Wrote:i imagine these as being pure racers. i'm not sure about a shield, if there were ever an obstacle course then not having one would make it that much more interesting. plus there's not much room for anything extra on these....i made this one so it's basically an engine and a cockpit....nothing else.

i wouldn't even give them thrusters, i'd suggest making them jump into cruise almost instantly.

yes more race tracks would be good, but there could also be "cross country" races, similar to Bull Run or the movie Cannonball Run. you'd fly a circuit through out Sirius, maybe docking at certain way points to RP a "pit stop"

/signed.

If we get at any time such racer-ships, count me in for the competition...

Racing Ships - Zork - 02-14-2009

i thinked about a racer class too

but im not good in ship modeling

i thinked on the two thruster idea too

Racing Ships - Linkus - 02-14-2009

Nice looking ship, does fit a racing sort of style (Thin, sleek and generally a cockpit strapped to an engine)

In terms of races, rings etc would be the safer, official ones. They would be unlikely to suddenly appear in a system.
However, races through asteroid fields and other dangerous areas would be ideal for dangerous, un-official races. These would be common if there was any kind want for racing and would set the stage for the Governments/Corporations to start considering racing tracks due to the interest.

On another note, would anyone here be interested in having races? There would be simple rules such as No weapons etc but any ship could be allowed to race. If they can't shoot each other, who cares what ships you take in, up to you.

Racing Ships - swift - 02-14-2009

I believe what would be awesome is that if racing ships would have absolutely no weapons, and their thruster ships would be amazingly high.

Imagine a race, on afterburn or cruise, does not matter, through an asteroid field, with speeds around 800-900.
And the ships being fragile, so a bump on an stationary asteroid(not the moving ones) would instantly wreck or heavily damage your ship.
It would be quite the adrenaline rush.

It is true that there's possible abuse, but just make them allowed to be used only on races.

Plus yeah,.. I dunno if we can make only some ships go at some speeds, but if we can limit the speed boost to only racing ships, it would make races much more livelier.
I think it can at least be done with afterburn, similar like the camera ship achieves a huge afterburner speed.
What do you think of this?

Racing Ships - SigCorps - 02-14-2009

If your gonna do cross Sirius runs, maybe a level 3 shield..or you'll be taken out by the first group of NPC's at a gate or trade lane. Other wise I would happily make up a racer and do runs. That would be really fun.

Racing Ships - Tenacity - 02-14-2009

cant have any of these ships go over 420 speed (think it's 420...) or FLhook kicks them for speed modding.

I'd like to get some races going in connecticut, through the maze in the minefield. Very dangerous, very hard to finish =P