Discovery Gaming Community
revised models - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod Content Submissions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+----- Thread: revised models (/showthread.php?tid=16795)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

revised models - ivr56 - 02-22-2009

Both look great. Great work on the models.
Perhaps some in game screen shots of the new Cat.

Edit: One problem is it still called the Catamaran. Since Catamaran means two hulls. This only has one.

revised models - Jinx - 02-22-2009

@ivr56:

there you go

[Image: catingame.png]

revised models - SigCorps - 02-22-2009

Sweet looking ships there Jinx. By the way love what you have done with the BHG line.

revised models - Tenacity - 02-22-2009

Wow jinx... just wow.

I love the WW2 look of that new kusari bomber.

EDIT:

Jinx, dont let all the negative comments get to you, that kusari cat/bomber MUST be added! =)

As said above, it reminds me of WW2 japanese aircraft. I'd suggest re-writing the infocard for the cat, rename it the "Ryusei" (was the name of a jap ww2 torpedo bomber, ryusei means "shooting star", and the model shape fits that name well), and have the infocard claim that this is a "new and improved version of the old catamaran bombers"

The current infocard for the catamaran says that it was an old design recently put back into production for the bretonia-kusari war, it would make sense that the KNF would seek to make a more modern bomber and phase out those older craft.

I want to fly it just based on how it looks, and that says something =P though... most of your ship designs are the same way.

revised models - Ash - 02-22-2009

I'm well gutted I wont be able to fly that GC bomber. It's an incredibly beautiful ship but i've never felt compelled to join the GC.

revised models - Jamez - 02-22-2009

New GC bomber is great, a big improvement all round. 'nuff said for that.

The Catamaran while being a nice model, isn't a catamaran, as ivr56 said. That makes me sad. Sorry Jinx, but I prefer the current cat model, the new one is just too far from the original design.

revised models - Jinx - 02-22-2009

@Tenacity: thank you, but i don t mind negative comments at all. - thats the point of making a public thread about it - to see what the community thinks.

so far, the resonance about the new cat ( which wouldn t be named catamaran anymore of course ) is rather negativ. - and if many ppl simply prefer the previous model, we keep it.

but keep in mind, the previous model has its limits. - it is almost not hittable - and we simply cannot do much about it, cause the model itself reached its resize limits.

so far - we can decide
- keep the old model with its problems ( red cat / cat staying insanely hard to hit for a bomber )
- adapt to the new one and forget it ever was a catamaran and simply get used to a replace

it would NOT be a catamaran anymore, and it would NOT even remotely keep the feeling of the old cat anymore. - which is the point of course.

i won t deny that this cat replace is a "few hours" model only. - what i can say is that .... it feels OK ingame and the quality is good. ( texture, and proportions ) - one needs to get used to the very long nose, which is not really a characteristic sign of kusari ships which all have a rather stubby nose. - pilots would also have to get used to feeling like a BHG pilot. - a low energy bomber with good agility but a very large ship. ( yes, it is much larger - that doesn t mean its easy to hit now, but its possible to hit it - concerning the higher regions of piloting / gunnery skills )

revised models - Tenacity - 02-22-2009

well, its only large from the side. That only makes it an issue when flying against other fighters - the small front profile will make it every effective when lining up shots on capships, which is what bombers are -meant- for.

I think a lot of people are just too used to bombers being the 'ultimate' ships here, able to take out fighters and caps alike. They shouldnt have that kind of versatility, bombers are anti capship craft, not anti fighter craft.

EDIT:

Do you have any images of the blood dragon version?

revised models - MarvinCZ - 02-22-2009

It has a rather small front profile, but the original is half that or even smaller from front. It was unhittable by guns from front. This one looks cool, flies great and most of all, it can be balanced properly. We can't say the last part about the old Cat.

revised models - Friday - 02-22-2009

This might sound like heresy...

But if the current Redcat is insanely hard to hit for a bomber - then why keep it as a bomber?

Why not turn it into a fighter?