Discovery Gaming Community
Poll: Should we have a redo Player Event at Aland? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Poll: Should we have a redo Player Event at Aland? (/showthread.php?tid=169104)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Poll: Should we have a redo Player Event at Aland? - Enkidu - 03-26-2019

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but I guess this isn't going to happen.

RE: Poll: Should we have a redo Player Event at Aland? - SnakeLancerHaven - 03-26-2019

Like I mentioned in my RP requirments thread, why dont we set a guide of a "need to reach minimum this to conquer that" "your faction needs this to do that" etc. and let that all play out in game.

We said it over and over again, we're limited by Roleplay. Freelancer is limited in its own way and our RP opens up said limitations however... Not if things are predefined and none of your efforts matter. So please, can we finaly let things be player driven for once? Why do we care so much about a certain Faction losing or getting pushed back, why are all so afraid of losing. Let a faction suffer for a while until they can rise again, there should be a dynamic lose and win situation.

If we only had the freedom to decide what next step the factions we're leading or are part of can do, it would put away that limit the game itself has. Don't make people regret a decision they took just because the Devs didn't like it. Let the decision be a mistake in game and live the consequences, rather than having the devs be the judge.

Why can't devs be just part of special Events as in Anomalies, stuff that appear in the universe like nomad presence increases in said areas or whatever instead of the story outcome of each player owned faction. I'd rather have you guys bringing in anomalies and make the enviroment the players are gonna RP/Play in more interesting rather than forced story outcomes.

RE: Poll: Should we have a redo Player Event at Aland? - Lythrilux - 03-26-2019

(03-26-2019, 07:12 PM)Riehl Wrote: I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but I guess this isn't going to happen.

No offense but can you stop being so smarmy and acting like the Dev team mouthpiece? It's neither needed, constructive, or a good look. They can, and should, speak for themsleves.

RE: Poll: Should we have a redo Player Event at Aland? - Enkidu - 03-26-2019

(03-26-2019, 07:26 PM)Lythrilux Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 07:12 PM)Riehl Wrote: I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but I guess this isn't going to happen.

No offense but can you stop being so smarmy and acting like the Dev team mouthpiece? It's neither needed, constructive, or a good look. They can, and should, speak for themsleves.

It's just my opinion, friend. It's not what I want to happen. You can see how I voted in the poll results.

RE: Poll: Should we have a redo Player Event at Aland? - Lythrilux - 03-26-2019

Noted then. I don't mean to cause drama out of what I said.

RE: Poll: Should we have a redo Player Event at Aland? - Laz - 03-26-2019

(03-26-2019, 07:28 PM)Riehl Wrote: You can see how I voted in the poll results

Actually we can't.

RE: Poll: Should we have a redo Player Event at Aland? - Chuba - 03-26-2019

5 minutes btw

RE: Poll: Should we have a redo Player Event at Aland? - Promotheus - 03-26-2019

Honestly this would be a great move going forward, major events that have influences on the mods story. Clear stakes, conditions and outcomes depending on which side. Even if the Devs were deadset on making IMG lose Alands then an IMG victory could still involve major costs for BAF, a longer repair time to get the station up and running etc etc. Pretty much anything to make it feel like the participation and rp had any influence whatsoever.

RE: Poll: Should we have a redo Player Event at Aland? - Unseelie - 03-26-2019

In point of fact, the current state of Aland is due to the IMG's resistance to the base being taken. The amount of damage planned for the station was ratcheted up twice because of the fervor with which the IMG defended the station.

We haven't just blindly followed through with our original plan. We've talked to many different parties and judged what can be done and how, and we've changed our plans based on in-game shows of opinion. No, we did not announce and event and run it for two hours. We watched combats in that system evolve over two weeks of time, watched roleplay on the server grow and change, watched everyone from the CR to the Order, from the BMF and the ALG become involved on one side or another.

I'm sorry if anyone feels that they did not get a chance to participate in conflicts that lasted for weeks, but if you couldn't clear your calendar to be engaged in those, I can't expect you to have made time for a single event.

RE: Poll: Should we have a redo Player Event at Aland? - Wesker - 03-26-2019

“Changed our plans based on ingame”

>all ingame encounters were the BAF fleet getting wiped.