Discovery Gaming Community
Golden Chrysanthemum Gen'an Cell - Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Kusari (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=75)
+----- Forum: GC- (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=537)
+----- Thread: Golden Chrysanthemum Gen'an Cell - Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=169341)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Golden Chrysanthemum Gen'an Cell - Feedback - E X O D I T E - 06-14-2020

(06-14-2020, 01:30 AM)Megaera Wrote:
(06-14-2020, 01:24 AM)E X O D I T E Wrote:
(06-14-2020, 01:14 AM)Megaera Wrote: Exo please go find another hobby.

Meg, please answer my question.

No I won't.

I want to know why you are being toxic to literally every GC- member, even recently joined that didn't even have the chance to make a character yet.
Why I had to ban you from 2 discord servers and my friend list to silence your daily rant of toxicity.
Why you stalk me whenever I go.
Why you have a hateboner for all my faction members and try to join us anyway.

Take your trolling somewhere else. I am not going to feed you.

In order:
I am not.
I am not being toxic, I am pointing out what happens when people migrate in from other RP communities to join a faction that just so happens to be built around pvp. As you have seen with your members camping JHs to oorply avoid RPing with me, as they have admitted to in your chat, instead of just RPing with guns like I would expect a terrorist to do, that is a legitimate concern that has to be addressed, and such entitled behavior on the parts of your members, that of "I can pick and choose my encounters", is a mentality from other RP communities that simply does not work on Discovery, especially considering Discovery is a game where the RP is literally centered around pvp.
I do no such thing.
I do not have a hateboner for all your faction members (wait a minute, that's Nodoka's choice word, Meg = Nodoka, guys). I have zero problems with lex, Nix, Sajuuk, et al. It's players who will tell me, to my face, "the player is indistinguishable from the character and I will screw over any chance of RP you may have because I don't like you" that draw my ire. They did this right in front of you. You know who hasn't said stuff like that to me? lex, Nix, Sajuuk, Iron, Steel Angel, etc. Guess what, I am okay with those guys.

EDIT: I tried to join you because I made the character for GC- back when GC- really was a crew of ultra-violent thugs built around a cult, and the character embodied a mentality that simply does not exist anymore in GC-. Make of that what you will.

RE: Golden Chrysanthemum Gen'an Cell - Feedback - Megaera - 06-14-2020

(06-14-2020, 01:46 AM)E X O D I T E Wrote:

No I won't.

I want to know why you are being toxic to literally every GC- member, even recently joined that didn't even have the chance to make a character yet.
Why I had to ban you from 2 discord servers and my friend list to silence your daily rant of toxicity.

In order:
I am not.
I am not being toxic, I am pointing out what happens when people migrate in from other RP communities to join a faction that just so happens to be built around pvp. As you have seen with your members camping JHs to oorply avoid RPing with me, as they have admitted to in your chat, instead of just RPing with guns like I would expect a terrorist to do, that is a legitimate concern that has to be addressed, and such entitled behavior on the parts of your members, that of "I can pick and choose my encounters", is a mentality from other RP communities that simply does not work on Discovery, especially considering Discovery is a game where the RP is literally centered around pvp.
I do no such thing.
I do not have a hateboner for all your faction members (wait a minute, that's Nodoka's choice word, Meg = Nodoka, guys). I have zero problems with lex, Nix, Sajuuk, et al. It's players who will tell me, to my face, "the player is indistinguishable from the character and I will screw over any chance of RP you may have because I don't like you" that draw my ire. They did this right in front of you. You know who hasn't said stuff like that to me? lex, Nix, Sajuuk, Iron, Steel Angel, etc. Guess what, I am okay with those guys.

EDIT: I tried to join you because I made the character for GC- back when GC- really was a crew of ultra-violent thugs built around a cult, and the character embodied a mentality that simply does not exist anymore in GC-. Make of that what you will.

Code:
ExoditeYesterday at 21:54
Also boshi joined and hilariously rates his rp skill at 9
From his attitude in the server and his recruitment post, he’s a 5, tops
If you accept him, you are going to suffer hard when his inexperience shines through.

Exo, just leave. You posted this right after the last member joined and it was his first post on the forum. If you are just going to be toxic about new players who you have never even interacted with, you are just out to start a scene.

Do yourself a favor. You are on probation. You don't want to go this path.

(06-14-2020, 01:59 AM)Megaera Wrote:
(06-14-2020, 01:46 AM)E X O D I T E Wrote:

No I won't.

In order:
I am not.
I do no such thing.

Code:
ExoditeYesterday at 21:54
Also boshi joined and hilariously rates his rp skill at 9
From his attitude in the server and his recruitment post, he’s a 5, tops
If you accept him, you are going to suffer hard when his inexperience shines through.

Exo, just leave. You posted this right after the last member joined and it was his first post on the forum. If you are just going to be toxic about new players who you have never even interacted with, you are just out to start a scene.

Do yourself a favor. You are on probation. You don't want to go this path.

I was vindicated a few hours later when he posted his recruitment post, and it had the glorious line
"After helping a group of GC members escape, she can no longer return home. She prefers not to kill her erstwhile colleagues if she can avoid it, but the consequences for her family would be severe if she were ever properly identified. She will fight on their behalf even as they think her dead. "

This is a group of radicals, right? People who will not show mercy to the KSP that will show them none as stated in rumors and infocards since vanilla? And you just waved him in? I get that he's a newbie, but this shows a complete lack of understanding of the source material. The guy can put a sentence together, but he does not get GC lore.

(However, the Trial of Separation would probably be like "make a propaganda video showing your face of you killing a captured KSP officer" or something, but that stuff just happens offscreen with no forum representation, so until proven otherwise, Gen'an just accepted a KSP sympathizer into their ranks with zero questions.)

EDIT: To clarify on the 5/10, the guy, mechanically speaking, is a 9 in terms of writing. It's his lack of understanding of the universe he is RPing in that got him dinged. I expect his RP skill to be revised upwards as he gets a better feel for GC and Disco.

RE: Golden Chrysanthemum Gen'an Cell - Feedback - Grumblesaur - 06-14-2020

I'd just like to jump in here and use this opportunity to talk about how asking a player to rate their own RP and PVP abilities is largely bogus anyway due to the Dunning-Kruger effect. People who are experienced enough to be a good judge of ability will underestimate their own abilities, and inexperienced people will generally overestimate their own ability because they don't know what areas they're lacking in.

Also, people probably overestimate themselves anyway because they're afraid having low numbers will bar them entry to the faction prima facie. So there's a confounding factor in that alone.

But besides all that, what does a scale of one to ten really represent anyway without any kind of benchmarks? It's silly, and getting mad about adding someone who lied about their metrics is even sillier when nobody knows what the metrics mean anyway.

RE: Golden Chrysanthemum Gen'an Cell - Feedback - Hemlocke - 06-14-2020

When you're dragged into an argument for no reason :|

GC unlike most other pirate groups or radicals are wise enough to understand the need for different perspectives within their ranks, not everyone needs to be a radical when they already have plenty like my character "Katsuki Hanako" and many others, Meg needs to calm down and ignore Exo's trolling, while being able to look past the trolling and answer the question in relation to her faction.

Any character, pacifist or otherwise can be pushed too hard and turn full radical, even the most bloodthirsty can become pacifistic after a crushing defeat, or become mindless animals turning on their own allies and shattering every oath imaginable in the sake of vengeance.

Exo, knock it off.

RE: Golden Chrysanthemum Gen'an Cell - Feedback - Darkstar_Spectre - 06-14-2020

Tbh Exo this doesnt seem like feedback more like you having an ax to grind after constant denial from GC- and also meg finally not putting up with your shit anymore.

Edit: Not saying that the guy is perfect but the dude is new and i recall you being all for helping new players exo

A character can have its own preferences no? I never heard you complain about my character Rin who is a pacifistic transport captain and only attacks in self defence. But no, you have to have to examine every new member's app.

Yes Gen'an is radical, but that doesnt mean everyone is an insane psychopath. We also have Kiku who is a priestess and never killed anyone as far as i'm aware.

Just let it rest.

Agreed.

I'll just start my own GC, with blackjack and hookers, like you did with Werdi.

And so the cycle begins anew...

Good luck. Nothing stops you.

RE: Golden Chrysanthemum Gen'an Cell - Feedback - Charo - 06-14-2020

Can you two take your lovers' quarrel to Discord? I mean I love watching drama but tbh this thing between you two is just sad at this point. But on topic: Chika wasn't a hyper-radical terrorist, she just did what had to be done :^)

(06-14-2020, 02:17 AM)Grumblesaur Wrote: I'd just like to jump in here and use this opportunity to talk about how asking a player to rate their own RP and PVP abilities is largely bogus anyway due to the Dunning-Kruger effect. People who are experienced enough to be a good judge of ability will underestimate their own abilities, and inexperienced people will generally overestimate their own ability because they don't know what areas they're lacking in.

Also, people probably overestimate themselves anyway because they're afraid having low numbers will bar them entry to the faction prima facie. So there's a confounding factor in that alone.

But besides all that, what does a scale of one to ten really represent anyway without any kind of benchmarks? It's silly, and getting mad about adding someone who lied about their metrics is even sillier when nobody knows what the metrics mean anyway.

I agree with everything this man says