Discovery Gaming Community
Discordian Q & A - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Discordian Q & A (/showthread.php?tid=1757)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Discordian Q & A - Malaclypse 666 - 10-10-2006

Vo,Oct 10 2006, 02:24 PM Wrote:I must say, this is quite an intresting thing, discordians and all.

I espically like the phrase "Nither Hodge, nor Podge will prevail".
<div align="right][snapback]40130[/snapback]

Ok, I'll interpret that as a "question"..

Attend our little "Spinnin' Chao", aka the "Sacred Chao", aka the "Hodge Podge".

The Pentagon represents Order.. the Hodge.
The Golden Apple represents Disorder.. the Podge.

Discordians often get the rep of being all about the Chaos... not so. Discordians believe that the "Chao" must be balanced. Order and Disorder must be equal. We're currently Hacker "outlaws" because at the time I introduced the E.L.F. to Discovery, it appeared there was more "Order" in the Sirius Sector. (RM, SF, and to a degree the Bounty Hunters/SSO, because usually they work for "The Man").

However, If you look at our Recruiting Office ( http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid= ), you'll see that some future ELF Divisions are scheduled to be of the "Hodge" persuasion; thus maintaining the balance of the Chao.

Discordian Q &amp; A - Dab - 10-10-2006

Good thing there is AW to help even it a bit more. Without us, you'd have even more lawful people here. We had to get our bad reputation. :P

As you'll see in RP threads. Many call Luciaden... bad things. :P And then he goes and blows something really important up. Usually causing destruction and chaos with it.

Discordian Q &amp; A - Fellow Hoodlum - 10-10-2006

Of course now Mal, we have to go back to the question of, are "you" really me, or am
"I" really "you" in disguise. This is one to tax even the mighty amongst the sages of the
Discovery forums.
And as we all know, Discordians are prohibited from believing what they read ... This in
its self goes a long way to explaining the eternal Q&A, "Is Eris true?"

Fin

Discordian Q &amp; A - Alpha 429 - 10-10-2006

Dab you have posted more random crap on this thread than Mal........my god that is an achievement and as for the title psychic..........actually...........ill reserve my comment for xfire.

Anyway as for an Order division of ELF that would give the phantoms something more interesting to do than kill worthless bounty hunters

Discordian Q &amp; A - Dab - 10-10-2006

Well hey... Told you I couldn't think of anything to put on there.. So I decided to take my RP.. I need ideas >.<

That doesnt excuse the fact that its rubbish. Now you could just make it Lord Captain of the AW. Its RP and true unlike this psychic crap.

Discordian Q &amp; A - Malaclypse 666 - 10-10-2006

Alpha 429,Oct 10 2006, 04:14 PM Wrote:Dab you have posted more random crap on this thread than Mal........my god that is an achievement and as for the title psychic..........actually...........ill reserve my comment for xfire.
[snapback]40144[/snapback]

Thanks, Mark.

The impetuosness of youth once again trumps the patience of age..

@Dab: Can you say: Questions.. about.. Discordianism.. ?

If not, go bloody elsewhere to work on that 4,000th post, eh?

Any time m8. Oh btw is there any chance that Eris herself will be here for the celebrations on Friday. Ive always wanted her autograph.

Discordian Q &amp; A - Virus - 10-11-2006

I tried that once. Didn't have the right color.... Or maybe she wanted a color that doesn't exist... Meh, make sure you have a lot of markers!

*I is slowly readin' the Principia Discordia... May someday become a Discordian meself.*

Edit: I have a question... I can't seem to remember why there's no buns on (y)our hot dogs. So... Why?

Discordian Q &amp; A - Lightfoot - 10-11-2006

Alpha 429,Oct 10 2006, 04:24 PM Wrote:Any time m8. Oh btw is there any chance that Eris herself will be here for the celebrations on Friday. Ive always wanted her autograph.
[snapback]40148[/snapback]

*Will She be here??? Have you watched the fnordin' Evening News lately??*

RP: When the Goddess first spoke to Lightfoot, it was a "mystic" experience. Later in the story, She had somehow become a more "permanent" fixture aboard his vessel. It was then that I decided to borry from Heinlein's "Number of the Beast", and download an "avatar" of the Goddess into a sentient computer named Discordia, or F-23 Dis. I even hijacked the ship over to Heinlein's "666" universe to do the deed (..and explain his upgrade to a Talarca Cruiser. So, yeah. In a sense, she's "here" in the persona of "Dis".

And no, she doesn't give autographs.