Discovery Gaming Community
Liberty Intelligence Agency - Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Liberty Intelligence Agency - Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=178632)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Liberty Intelligence Agency - Feedback - Kalhmera - 04-26-2020

(04-26-2020, 07:47 PM)rayne Wrote:
(04-26-2020, 07:38 PM)Lord Rhemalak Wrote:
(04-26-2020, 05:04 PM)Venture Wrote:
(04-26-2020, 04:36 PM)Lord Rhemalak Wrote: Soooo. Its very important that if you want people to take interest in your faction to actually give people something to read. Your message dumps are very important. By encrypting them with software it gives us no content to read. Please understand that your message dumps are secure and cant be used against you inrp.

The encryption is just to add RP flavor, not all message dumps are going to be encrypted and this is only the start of them.

I have to stand with my first post. If no one but you can read them why are you even here? Rp is very important to this server. Just my 2 cents. Have a good day.

And role playing is what we will be doing. I don't see why encryption is so bothersome to you. Also it's not hard to crack. It's just something we are experimenting with.

It seems you dont get it. Bringing the community into your RP is important for a faction. lets us see how you play, how you interact and so on. It also could bring interest into your faction by means of members joining. If they dont know what your doing or talking about they wont join.

RE: Liberty Intelligence Agency - Feedback - Hemlocke - 04-26-2020

Can't say I really want more liberty lawfuls in the form of government agencies and law upholding factions rather than corporations, but if you're gonna be more focused on roleplay than gank swarming the ever living hell out of everyone and their grandmother, I look forward to seeing your work and the corresponding story that follows your character. Good luck.

RE: Liberty Intelligence Agency - Feedback - Grumblesaur - 04-26-2020

The implication of the "encryption" feature of message dumps is not to disallow players from reading them, but to prevent characters who are not privy to the information from using it.

There is nothing stopping anybody from reading whatever they want. "Encryption" is merely a tool to sniff out metagaming.

RE: Liberty Intelligence Agency - Feedback - Kalhmera - 04-26-2020

(04-26-2020, 09:53 PM)Grumblesaur Wrote: There is nothing stopping anybody from reading whatever they want. "Encryption" is merely a tool to sniff out metagaming.

Then report the person. Simple.

RE: Liberty Intelligence Agency - Feedback - rayne - 04-26-2020

(04-26-2020, 09:51 PM)Hemlocke Wrote: Can't say I really want more liberty lawfuls in the form of government agencies and law upholding factions rather than corporations, but if you're gonna be more focused on roleplay than gank swarming the ever living hell out of everyone and their grandmother, I look forward to seeing your work and the corresponding story that follows your character. Good luck.

Being a gank squad is the last thing I want from my faction. RP will be its first and foremost priority. We will be acting like the CIA more than anything else, they don't go around chasing criminals, they have bigger fish to fry, like spy on the enemy and alert law enforcement and military on potential threats.

RE: Liberty Intelligence Agency - Feedback - Grumblesaur - 04-26-2020

(04-26-2020, 10:00 PM)Lord Rhemalak Wrote:
(04-26-2020, 09:53 PM)Grumblesaur Wrote: There is nothing stopping anybody from reading whatever they want. "Encryption" is merely a tool to sniff out metagaming.

Then report the person. Simple.

And you need evidence to support that report. Marking a post as "encrypted" and seeing an uninvolved party use the information in that post is,

wait for it,

evidence.

RE: Liberty Intelligence Agency - Feedback - St.Denis - 04-26-2020

Just give them a chance and see how it pans out.

Good luck.

RE: Liberty Intelligence Agency - Feedback - Hemlocke - 04-26-2020

(04-26-2020, 10:04 PM)rayne Wrote: Being a gank squad is the last thing I want from my faction. RP will be its first and foremost priority. We will be acting like the CIA more than anything else, they don't go around chasing criminals, they have bigger fish to fry, like spy on the enemy and alert law enforcement and military on potential threats.

I very much love this sentiment, I find too often that intelligence agencies do less intelligence gathering, and more hungering for war due to their powerful ID, which is that powerful to begin with to allow them to do intelligence gathering in extreme places. I don't pay much attention to the BIS, but I see more roleplay from them than I see massive fleets for a single pirate, so I guess they're doing it right. The two worst examples of this are the current LSF and whatever the Gallic intelligence agency faction was prior to the end of the gallic war, which acted more like specially trained military assets that could take on anything rather than gathering intelligence in silent operations and reporting back to the bulk of their forces.

Now I memed with an intelligence ID a couple of times cause I wasn't the best example of a player when I first returned about a year or so ago now, but I wasn't an official and or organized faction of any kind, which lolwuttery is certainly not expected from.

RE: Liberty Intelligence Agency - Feedback - LuckyOne - 04-26-2020

(04-26-2020, 09:16 PM)Lord Rhemalak Wrote: It seems you dont get it. Bringing the community into your RP is important for a faction. lets us see how you play, how you interact and so on. It also could bring interest into your faction by means of members joining. If they dont know what your doing or talking about they wont join.

Sounds like somebody isn't smart enough to crack the codes... Angel

Anway this is already more interesting than half of the RP (or whatever passes for it these days) posted on these forums. I'd guess RP-ing an "intelligence" agency would tend to attract types of people who love cracking ciphers so members joining probably won't be a problem, as they'll be looking only for those willing to put in the effort anyway.

RE: Liberty Intelligence Agency - Feedback - darkwind - 04-26-2020

Indeed, code to crack for reading reports is a very easy one. I feel myself as an idiot in not doing it earlier.
Plus, since they have more reports appearing in the same encoding, reports become easier and easier to be cracked.
Other people would not experience my level of trouble having only one report on hands.