Discovery Gaming Community
De-Re-Naming - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: De-Re-Naming (/showthread.php?tid=180616)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: De-Re-Naming - Lythrilux - 06-09-2020

(06-09-2020, 03:51 PM)Karst Wrote: What if I agree with some renames, but not others?
For example, the rename of Omega-3 to Nottingham was completely unacceptable, just another vulgar expression of Devtonian powergaming nonsense.

Whereas with the developments in Aquitaine it makes a lot of sense, awkward as it would be for the system to retain its Bretonian naming while under complete Enclave control.

The policy is that it's all or nothing with these proposals. But I'm inclined to agree with Karst here.

RE: De-Re-Naming - Reeves - 06-09-2020

(06-09-2020, 03:51 PM)Karst Wrote: What if I agree with some renames, but not others?
For example, the rename of Omega-3 to Nottingham was completely unacceptable, just another vulgar expression of Devtonian powergaming nonsense.

Whereas with the developments in Aquitaine it makes a lot of sense, awkward as it would be for the system to retain its Bretonian naming while under complete Enclave control.

Either all of them should go back to normal or none of them should. If the Enclave is going to complain about things being renamed while itself retaining renamed solars and systems, then it starts to become a touch hypocritical.

RE: De-Re-Naming - Alvin - 06-09-2020

Maybe a dumb idea, could we just have both names in the game?
You can have it in the format of "Original name" ("Occupier's name").... For example, Edinburgh (Aquitaine), or Planet Gaia (Bordeaux)

Then people can RP and use whichever name as it see fit. The Bretonians can always refer to their new system as Nottingham and IMG / RHA will always refers it as Omega 3 not recognising their authority etc.

RE: De-Re-Naming - Venkman - 06-09-2020

(06-09-2020, 03:54 PM)Alvin Wrote: May be a dumb idea, could we just have both names in the game?
You can have it in the format of "Original name" ("Occupier's name").... For example, Edinburgh (Aquitaine), or Planet Gaia (Bordeaux)

Then people can RP and use whichever name as it see fit. The Bretonians can always refer to their new system as Nottingham and IMG / RHA will always refers it as Omega 3 not recognising their authority etc.

Honestly, it wouldn't look good.

RE: De-Re-Naming - darkwind - 06-09-2020

All vagrants are having their unique system names too. That's not stopping me to use them, but since they remain being named Omicrons, it simplifies how to name them outside of Role Play.

At least half of those changes should be de-re-named for sure
Omega 3
Omega 49
Gran Canaria
California Minor (yay)

This would make life easier for most people. I always keep hearing, Omega 3 is Omega 3 named instead of new fancy name. Let it be indeed O3.

RE: De-Re-Naming - Dark.Star - 06-09-2020

Original names are original names and thus must remain.
Renaming them is cringe.
Look at Rheinland for example, we reffer to Sigma-15 as Luneburg, but only in official documents or anything. Just saying, i dont have anything to do with it anymore.
We can still rename to them in iRP documents by names as they changed, i.e. reffer instead of Omega-49 as Exeter, but FLHook wise and all that they must remain original, thats just mo

RE: De-Re-Naming - Shiki - 06-09-2020

Seems good. RP aliases of local factions can be used either way, but it will make things less confusing.

Yes is the vote.

RE: De-Re-Naming - Omicron - 06-09-2020

More Edinburgh

Gironde - Arran Ice Cloud
Dordogne - Islay Ice Cloud
Adour - Tain Asteroid Field

RE: De-Re-Naming - Grumblesaur - 06-09-2020

For new, or long-returning players, the original names for those systems are going to be more consistent with the large (and at times, decrepit) documentation among the forums and the Wiki. This avoids alienating such players, and helps them engage with the game more fluently.

As an Enclave player I will probably continue to refer to Edinburgh as Aquitaine and Gaia as Bordeaux in RP posts but this kind of practice has been known at least since Dab's Snowdown gambit.

RE: De-Re-Naming - Omicron - 06-09-2020

Orkney solars are all located there. Unfortunately I do not know which asteroid fields are which.

https://discoverygc.com/wiki/index.php?title=Orkney&oldid=121769