Discovery Gaming Community
Employment - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Employment (/showthread.php?tid=188590)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Employment - Darkstar_Spectre - 06-27-2021

Evelyn smiled a little, pleased with Gaston's answer to the first question. "I see forgive me however for not being more clear as to what I meant when I was asking about the special contracts. While naturally the words pay well bring joy to anyone in my line of work it also raises the old too good to be true alarms usually but since my current work with the Union and the Bureau has been profitable so far I doubt that will be an issue, what I was wondering exactly was what would the nature of these contracts be exactly? You can understand why I wouldn't want to end up with a contract for cargo shipping when that isn't exactly the line of work I am in after all I'm sure. Is this going to be the standard target elimination contract or something different?

RE: Employment - Groshyr - 06-27-2021

"The job we may offer cannot be done by our agents due to specific of consequences to appear if the job be failed. Simply to say, we don't want to risk our men when we can use an outsider." Corbeil decided not to hide the simple truth that Evelyn may be just used by the Bureau and the Union. "The said work includes sabotage in other houses, assassination of specific targets, and deliveries of certain cargo to our agents and other assets. I hope this answers your question clear enough?"

Evelyn had to bite her tongue at the outsider comment, reminding herself that it is usually the main reason people ever turned to mercenaries and contractors. "Crystal, cargo delivery can be done if whatever the cargo is fits inside in a fighter. For bigger shipments you will need to find somebody else."

"Not to worry about the size, it will be small-sized cargo in well-secured containers, so Board Guard should cause no issues for you." answered Gaston. "Are you interested?"

"Sure, I'm in." Came the answer.

"Then I see no reason to keep you longer. We'll make an official contract, you sign about nondisclosure of anything you may get to know and so on" he rose from table. "Perhaps, since you are working for Gallia, you will consider switching to Courbe or Sunbeam, hm? Easier to maintain while you are here."

RE: Employment - Darkstar_Spectre - 06-28-2021

Evelyn cringed at the idea of switching out the ship that had served her so well over the years before standing up and picking up her bag. "Those ships kind of clash with my style, Java and Freeport Ten are close enough that maintenance shouldn't be too much of an issue. Just send me whatever needs signing so we can get the paperwork out of the way."

RE: Employment - Groshyr - 06-28-2021

"As you wish, it just hurts my heart to see such a vandalism - Gallic technology and Sirian... ship." answered Gaston, "Read this."

The man gave her several pages of documentary with her contract, aside of many "Not allowed to...", it was a typical employee contract.

RE: Employment - Darkstar_Spectre - 06-28-2021

"You'll survive." The mercenary replied sarcastically before carefully reading through the contract and signing it after finishing reading through it. "Is there anything else? Because I would like to get back to doing my thing."