Discovery Gaming Community
Core| Disbandment Notice - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Core| Disbandment Notice (/showthread.php?tid=188636)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Core| Disbandment Notice - Xenon - 06-25-2021

Sad to see this happening... I wish this good faction gets passed to another active, willing, and devoted player/group to continue forth but it seems the decision to kill it is done, so salute, and best of luck in your future projects Smile

RE: Core| Disbandment Notice - Major. - 06-25-2021

Core was on life support for a while now.

Lyth Omicron changes pushed the final nail into Core, there was nothing the current leadership could have done.

It's sad to see the faction disbanded, but with the current Omicron environment, it was expected at one point.

Good luck pilots, hopefully another project will give you joy.

RE: Core| Disbandment Notice - Venkman - 06-25-2021

ode.

RE: Core| Disbandment Notice - Saronsen - 06-25-2021

corpse isnt even cold and someone else is already making a mockery of it

rest in peace

RE: Core| Disbandment Notice - Czechmate - 06-25-2021

The guys in HC were consulted and fine with it - want to keep some sort of a presence as one of the last few consistently active players over the last year or so.

Core has been one of the greatest achievements in Discovery Freelancer, period. It didn't go out as a corpse farming time off plane like many factions do - they never even failed an activity check, I don't see how a serious attempt at tying to replicate what they did would have any chance at success.

Force! Is a way to keep ships active, maybe one day the frozen assets will be unfrozen, and Core might come back with someone willing to put in the effort worthy of this faction's great legacy,that would revive with a core tag in prefix.

RE: Core| Disbandment Notice - Kauket - 06-25-2021

(06-25-2021, 08:51 AM)Relation-Ship Wrote: Core has been one of the greatest achievements in Discovery Freelancer, period. It didn't go out as a corpse farming time off plane like many factions do - they never even failed an activity check,

Hate to burst your bubble, but the last few activity checks for them have been using trading ships for activity. And yes, they have failed a check.

https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=175872

RE: Core| Disbandment Notice - Emperor Tekagi - 06-25-2021

Shame it's gone. I enjoyed Core a lot during its prime times, though this was years ago. Still delivered some enjoyable interactions from there on but oh well, times change. Kinda doubt we'll see a Core faction capable of stepping out of this factions shadows though. At least I doubt it, might be the nostalgia of 2015 Core idk.
I blame Lyth for killing off Noddy. Noddy was best.

APM were a big part of the faction - the faction has a 3.0 and is a Corp, direction it went towards even more over the last year. We had interactions with their transports on multiple factions from Gallia to Liberty.

And they never failed since I am here - the one you mention is 1.5 years old.

To pretend they weren't doing a lot better than a lot of existing OFs corpses on life support would just be ignorant. Compared to many other factions they go out on a high note, and could have kept it going for years.

@Emperor Tekagi my sentiment as well - it will be hard for anyone to make a serious faction that wouldn't be plain worse off than the point from which this one is disbanding.

RE: Core| Disbandment Notice - Kauket - 06-25-2021

(06-25-2021, 09:01 AM)Relation-Ship Wrote: APM were a big part of the faction - the faction has a 3.0 and is a Corp, direction it went towards even more over the last year. We had interactions with their transports on multiple factions from Gallia to Liberty.

And they never failed since I am here - the one you mention is 1.5 years old.

To pretend they weren't doing a lot better than a lot of existing OFs corpses on life support would just be ignorant. Compared to many other factions they go out on a high note, and could have kept it going for years.

@Emperor Tekagi my sentiment as well - it will be hard for anyone to make a serious faction that wouldn't be plain worse off than the point from which this one is disbanding.

In other words, Core had EVERYTHING to do while other factions are restricted and cannot expand on gameplay as they did. They have farming. Corp stuff, 4.2k usage. They can mine. They can hunt down their opposition (order) across the game. They have a load of target opportunities INCLUDING transports, even outside zoi (nom equip, allies etc.). They have an amazing tech cell (90 on all military house). They have Battleship access. They have law enforcement lines and a pretty generous zoi on top of these ID benefits. They are a military+mining ID in one.

That's not really impressive when factions with far far less had more interactions, and Core were still struggling and relying on powertrading near the end. Core went down hill in 2016 when all the OGs left. Nothing new ever came of them aside from some diplo that didnt go too far, and the Freeport 11 incident.

They should have pushed towards harassing Zoners more often. But short-sighted development (whacky omicron layouts) and (probably) admin inaction prob didnt permit them to do more.

They lost all house military ships 90 thanks to aerelm (now 75 - I checked GBs ) they lost laws everywhere but omicrons, making them very limited. The story requests were flat out ignored by staff,I know,I made one. Bullhead got nerfed even tho it was getting rekt by Irras

And yeah - killing off delta kinda killed off core PvP easy access, the 1iC was a Dev but that's not other players fault. Core had little story progression but not for a lack of trying on players part.

Pretty much any way you put it - making this out of bhg has been an amazing achievement and this will go down as maybe the most successful canonised player faction, top 3 at least