Discovery Gaming Community
Cannonball Missiles - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Cannonball Missiles (/showthread.php?tid=19556)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Cannonball Missiles - rayne - 04-22-2009

Guns is what pro's use hehe joking, ive noticed alot of CB's tracking insanely

Cannonball Missiles - baivan - 04-22-2009

CBs are not bugged.
Sidewinders are not bugged.

They just work how they are suposed to.Its kinda stupid when you can buld spaceships,cruise drives,jump gates,omgzor guns,but good tracking missiles.....:nono:
The Stinger armed with 4 CBs before 4.85 was good for nothing.Atleast now its fun to fly a mobile rpg :P

P.S
If u like using guns only,think about the ppl who like using missiles.Im not a pro,i suck at pvp,and it will stay that way.
But i play here and i like using missiles!
Good tracking missiles are what scares the hell out of a gunner.And it shuld.

Cannonball Missiles - tansytansey - 04-22-2009

' Wrote:CBs are not bugged.
Sidewinders are not bugged.

They just work how they are suposed to.Its kinda stupid when you can buld spaceships,cruise drives,jump gates,omgzor guns,but good tracking missiles.....:nono:
Agreed.

Quote:The Stinger armed with 4 CBs before 4.85 was good for nothing.Atleast now its fun to fly a mobile rpg :P
Fun for you, maybe. But remember there is someone else on the other side of that ship you just spammed trying to have fun as well.

Quote:P.S
If u like using guns only,think about the ppl who like using missiles.Im not a pro,i suck at pvp,and it will stay that way.
But i play here and i like using missiles!
Good tracking missiles are what scares the hell out of a gunner.And it shuld.

Missiles should be able to track, yes. But Freelancer is a skill based game. People with a lack of skill should not be able to mount equipment and be able to fight on even ground, and even beat people with superior skill. It may sound elitist, but it's true. I'm not the best person at fighting, but it infuriates me when people that I know I could beat other wise mount 1-2 missiles and suddenly I can't beat them any more.

I've said it before, I'll say it again many times to everyone who uses this excuse for anything.
Do not rely on the capabilities of your machine. Given enough acuity, wit and skill, almost anything is possible in Freelancer. It is quite possible for a fighter to solo a gunboat, though I don't think anyone is that good yet. The only line where this is drawn is when your equipment statistically cannot beat your opponent, such as the damage of a LF vs the regen of a GBs' shield. Though, with use of screamers and perhaps magma hammers, I can see a LF slowly wittling down a GB...

Cannonball Missiles - Titan - 04-22-2009

A friend of mine and myself did some testing, now we're both quite good pilots with guns and we're decent at dodging missiles. So..I got him to mount a sidewinder and a cannonball. He beat me 3 times in a row with me either losing my guns or thruster. Mind you I was on a bomber, him on a fighter. Anyhow, then he dismounted the missiles. He lost about 9 times in a row with relatively equal results in gun only fights, but when mini's came into the equation I won easily. Either way, missiles give people a huge advantage these days, such an advantage that you shouldn't really get with a balanced weapon. Also mind you, he spammed them on each pass, and he kept winning. Only way I won once against his missile loadout was shield running the entire fight and spamming CM's like a maniac until he got down to about 20 missiles. That's 1 on 1. Imagine if you're in a fight where more than one person has missiles?

Cannonball Missiles - onca - 04-22-2009

' Wrote:I'm pretty sure its' ANZLAG. Only Sidewinders seem to work for me. Or maybe we do just suck with missiles.
Hahaha .... "ANZLAG", I like that. It takes me 1-2 sec just to dock with a lane/gate.

I'm always wary when missile tracking is made too good.... becomes "fire 'n forget", a weapon for idiots. And really advantageous to those with a good ping. But if CB damage has been lowered then I guess that's ok.

' Wrote:Imagine if you're in a fight where more than one person has missiles?

Now imagine that if you're flying a Barghest, and you've got a Rogues average trip to NY. Hehe.
That's some very useful information, though.

' Wrote:Hahaha .... "ANZLAG", I like that. It takes me 1-2 sec just to dock with a lane/gate.
I lag out and get disconnected even if I'm sitting in a base >_>

Cannonball Missiles - Jamez - 04-22-2009

Perhaps halving the refire rate of the Cannonball, Sidewinder and Firestalker would help with the spam? If I remember correctly, that'd mean the Cannonball would only fire every 4 seconds.

I also think that the detonation distance on ordinance is a touch too large.

Cannonball Missiles - Titan - 04-22-2009

That wouldn't change a thing, they fire it only once per pass anyhow, but firing on each pass. Refire has nothing to do with that, the crazy damage to your equipment and the fact they almost never seem to miss are a bit more important.

Cannonball Missiles - zeinstruktor - 04-22-2009

This isn't a balance discussion thread, really.

And anyone who says Cballs track the same as in 4.84, please don't make me pull out FRAPS and waste two hours of my time...

' Wrote:Perhaps halving the refire rate of the Cannonball, Sidewinder and Firestalker would help with the spam? If I remember correctly, that'd mean the Cannonball would only fire every 4 seconds.

I also think that the detonation distance on ordinance is a touch too large.

If we're going to nerf missiles, energy restrictions to me make a lot more sense. Because really, there is nothing wrong with the way missiles are right now, its' only the way people use them... energy usage will force missile users to use them more carefully and think "okay, do I want to waste my energy now, when I have a low chance of hitting? Or do I want to wait for a better opportunity"
as opposed to "q, q, q, q, q, q, q, //gf"