Discovery Gaming Community
[Official Faction Event] They Came From the Clouds - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Official (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=550)
+----- Forum: Event Archive (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=274)
+----- Thread: [Official Faction Event] They Came From the Clouds (/showthread.php?tid=197516)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: [Official Faction Event] They Came From the Clouds - Promotheus - 06-12-2023

(06-12-2023, 05:30 PM)Czechmate Wrote:
Quote:These events are open for all to join and will hopefully spur more creative rp.
- It's ok to limit events to specific IDs btw, that does exactly what you said - create specific ships meant to participate!

I'd also suggest a unique wild restart is made for Kepler for the event + a PoB respawn point can be considered near Pueblo, it won't be hard to make

Local Nomad and Wilde restarts are part of the plan and are being prepared, staff intends to add them later to the thread when they go live.
I'd prefer not to limit factions getting involved because that would bar the random player with 'wrong ID' flying past from getting involved while it'd be so much cooler if they could join.
If people truely intend to log en masse to meme around then we might have to ask staff to amend the event, I'm hoping it wont be needed however.

On a sidenote I like the suggestion of extending the zoi duration inbetween the planned events, but that's a call for staff to make.

RE: [Official Faction Event] They Came From the Clouds - Kauket - 06-12-2023

(06-12-2023, 05:43 PM)Levenna Wrote:
Quote:These events are open for all to join and will hopefully spur more creative rp.
- It's ok to limit events to specific IDs btw, that does exactly what you said - create specific ships meant to participate!

I'd also suggest a unique wild restart is made for Kepler for the event + a PoB respawn point can be considered near Pueblo, it won't be hard to make. I know nomad/wild players are meant to just supplement NPCs but it will be cooler for everyone if many show up

I don't think there's much creative about every faction under the sun magically appearing at the same location for no apparent inrp reason for every event. If anything it's completely immersion breaking. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Good RP means that we shouldn't need to be babysat by event organisers to understand the spirit and RP intent of an event without outcasts/coalition/GC/insurgency/auxo/core/crayter/every faction with ZOI joining in.

too bad

gonna steal your ageira wikipedia servers while everyone is distracted by the nomads

RE: [Official Faction Event] They Came From the Clouds - Czechmate - 06-12-2023

(06-12-2023, 05:43 PM)Levenna Wrote:

I'd also suggest a unique wild restart is made for Kepler for the event + a PoB respawn point can be considered near Pueblo, it won't be hard to make. I know nomad/wild players are meant to just supplement NPCs but it will be cooler for everyone if many show up

I don't think there's much creative about every faction under the sun magically appearing at the same location for no apparent inrp reason for every event. If anything it's completely immersion breaking. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Good RP means that we shouldn't need to be babysat by event organisers to understand the spirit and RP intent of an event without outcasts/coalition/GC/insurgency/auxo/core/crayter/every faction with ZOI joining in.
In PvP Respawn events you need to think of the event design that attempts to predict/balance the sides if possible generally.
Since this will be mostly PvE It's not needed, however.

And every ID specific event you get the question asked "Why not this ID" - so no, it's not obvious, Couden is asking already - people like events and like to come on existing ships, and often do if you let them. Pennsylvania wasn't an issue - it was restricted but still had good attendance (even tho a few other IDs snuck in in the chaos)

(06-12-2023, 05:47 PM)Promotheus Wrote:

I'd also suggest a unique wild restart is made for Kepler for the event + a PoB respawn point can be considered near Pueblo, it won't be hard to make

Local Nomad and Wilde restarts are part of the plan and are being prepared, staff intends to add them later to the thread when they go live.
I'd prefer not to limit factions getting involved because that would bar the random player with 'wrong ID' flying past from getting involved while it'd be so much cooler if they could join.
If people truely intend to log en masse to meme around then we might have to ask staff to amend the event, I'm hoping it wont be needed however.

On a sidenote I like the suggestion of extending the zoi duration inbetween the planned events, but that's a call for staff to make.

Aingar can make base happen, admins can coordinate with him - it will be a drag to fly all the way from Kepler BC for wild/nomad

Zoi is a MUST on the day of the event, for moving ships. To keep it for the duration in between the events would be a nice bonus - players can play out the story outside of the couple hours

RE: [Official Faction Event] They Came From the Clouds - Promotheus - 06-12-2023

(06-12-2023, 05:56 PM)Czechmate Wrote:
(06-12-2023, 05:47 PM)Promotheus Wrote:

Aingar can make base happen, admins can coordinate with him - it will be a drag to fly all the way from Kepler BC for wild/nomad

I said restarts were being prepared, I never said they'd be in Kepler Wink

RE: [Official Faction Event] They Came From the Clouds - Levenna - 06-12-2023

(06-12-2023, 05:54 PM)Czechmate Wrote: In PvP Respawn events you need to think of the event design that attempts to predict/balance the sides if possible generally.
Since this will be mostly PvE It's not needed, however.

And every ID specific event you get the question asked "Why not this ID" - so no, it's not obvious, people like events and like to come on existing ships hah. Pennsylvania wasn't an issue - it was restricted but still had good attendance (even tho a few other IDs snuck in in the chaos)

There is a very, very obvious difference inRP between individual people coming to events on X faction, it makes perfect sense for a random Xeno flying through colorado to appear for example, that's entirely realistic, and organising mass logs that make no inRP sense such as you say you've been organising since frankly massive outcast fleets appearing in New York is already silly from an RP stance, let alone coincidentally at the *exact* same time as Nomads. Also nothing about pvp respawn events is balanced, if they were balanced they wouldn't be respawn events, nor do I think balance is important for them since it's purely fun pew pew event or for spectacle like the penny event.

RE: [Official Faction Event] They Came From the Clouds - Levenna - 06-12-2023

(06-12-2023, 05:50 PM)Kauket Wrote: too bad

gonna steal your ageira wikipedia servers while everyone is distracted by the nomads

bomad lovers haxing during bomad attack, obvious conspiracy

RE: [Official Faction Event] They Came From the Clouds - Stewgar - 06-12-2023

(06-12-2023, 05:43 PM)Levenna Wrote: Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

This

RE: [Official Faction Event] They Came From the Clouds - Greylock - 06-12-2023

Lemon, for once in your miserable life, can you stop trying to find a way to ruin something that other players have put months into planning? The Outcasts have no interest in the region beyond cardamine trade. The idea of throwing assets at a combined Order and Liberty Navy fleet is completely strategically retarded, even for the Outcasts.

We aren't trying to duplicate Toledo here, just have a little bit of fun that would be infinitely better without your stupid memesquad.

(06-12-2023, 06:46 PM)Greylock Wrote: Lemon, for once in your miserable life, can you stop trying to find a way to ruin something that other players have put months into planning? The Outcasts have no interest in the region beyond cardamine trade. The idea of throwing assets at a combined Order and Liberty Navy fleet is completely strategically retarded, even for the Outcasts.

We aren't trying to duplicate Toledo here, just have a little bit of fun that would be infinitely better without your stupid memesquad.
It's better to not sit alone at an event! But the expected PvE element will sort that, it will be a blast and I hope we break the 100-people on server barrier again!