Discovery Gaming Community
Server Events Improved - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Server Events Improved (/showthread.php?tid=201286)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Server Events Improved - Avalanche - 12-28-2023

(12-28-2023, 09:24 PM)Lusitano Wrote: i think it is fine as it is. official events is one thing, community events is other, don't mix it otherwise may cause more confusion. several players are making good job with the commnunity events, many times even much better than the official, and Barrier it is a good example of it, even paying rewards from his own pocket.

Perhaps the OP wasn't clear - The merge was an administration/condensing action to reduce the sheer number of subforums we have for everything. Not actually merging events and their separate purposes.

RE: Server Events Improved - Lusitano - 12-29-2023

i think that i wasn't clear ... i know that, but what i wanted to say is that many people sometimes make some confusion about what events are official or not, for example the last trade event that barrier did, many players thought that was official, maybe they saw the yellow color of barrier name and thought that was official, so the best is to have a seperate sub forum for that.
the rest was just a type of thanks to the hard work some players do on making this events Smile

RE: Server Events Improved - Ashyur - 12-29-2023

official events involve price changes or even deeper system changes, with a story behind it, so we need to keep on forums
as was said by others community ones are better done in discord, why not redirect the subforum to discord ? its better than show no activity from our members

RE: Server Events Improved - Avalanche - 12-29-2023

(12-29-2023, 01:26 AM)Deucalion Wrote: ... why not redirect the subforum to discord ? its better than show no activity from our members

I do like this idea.

Unless I'm missing something, when you guys mention Discord being good for quick events, are you referring to the #activity-finder channel that's barely used and unorganised?

If yes, a quick win Barrier to help encourage more event creations, would be a more organised channel for events, replicating this thread style channel, #marketplace:

[Image: K7xH5x2.png]

RE: Server Events Improved - Traxit - 12-29-2023

I hate the forums.
They're convoluted and UX-unfriendly.
Whatever makes it less congested is a good step.
A decade of experience and I still find myself tangled up when looking for that one subforum.

RE: Server Events Improved - Lusitano - 12-29-2023

not everyone here uses discord!

RE: Server Events Improved - Avalanche - 12-29-2023

(12-29-2023, 12:15 PM)Lusitano Wrote: not everyone here uses discord!

I agree. That's why I created the OP in the first place. My reply earlier:

(12-28-2023, 06:09 PM)Avalanche Wrote: I fear if everyone is going now towards Discord as the way to organise small events (and, I've realised recently, sell ships/equipment and post faction creations) then it'll expedite this forum's death over the coming year(s). Discord isn't used by everyone.

We need as many eyes on this website as we can, to propel this community into 2024.

With old players lurking here (not Discord) they won't be incentivised to return if they see the forum unused.

RE: Server Events Improved - Chxlls - 12-29-2023

(12-29-2023, 12:17 PM)Avalanche Wrote:
(12-29-2023, 12:15 PM)Lusitano Wrote: not everyone here uses discord!

I agree. That's why I created the OP in the first place. My reply earlier:

(12-28-2023, 06:09 PM)Avalanche Wrote: I fear if everyone is going now towards Discord as the way to organise small events (and, I've realised recently, sell ships/equipment and post faction creations) then it'll expedite this forum's death over the coming year(s). Discord isn't used by everyone.

We need as many eyes on this website as we can, to propel this community into 2024.

With old players lurking here (not Discord) they won't be incentivised to return if they see the forum unused.

I meant to reply to your post above this but my phone won’t cooperate.

By Discord, I meant that the faction-specific discords will often ping their players to log and go raid or meet up, without much planning. What also happens are certain faction members will ping whatever discord they’re going to raid. I.E DTR members pinging the Rheinland discords to announce they are raiding New Berlin.

I think this is a much simpler solution for smaller events that don’t require much planning. For story/RP significant events, obviously the forums would be more appropriate and used for such cases. Discord is much easier to see, and for me personally I will respond to a ping on discord much faster than a forum notification.