Discovery Gaming Community
Hello - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Hello (/showthread.php?tid=202855)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Hello - Czechmate - 04-28-2024

I just wish staff lead by example in how they communicate when they put high standards on others is all.

RE: Hello - Antonio - 04-28-2024

Do you feel like the forums are more restrictive than during the heavy decision admin team?

RE: Hello - Traxit - 04-28-2024

(04-28-2024, 01:11 PM)Antonio Wrote: Do you feel like the forums are more restrictive than during the heavy decision admin team?
this

also return the swear filter ingame
also the rules got downsized a whole bunch
balance is thriving
systems is thriving
story is finally gaining some comphrension
the community is a lot less toxic than it used to

are we playing the same game?

RE: Hello - Swifty - 04-28-2024

(04-28-2024, 01:11 PM)Antonio Wrote: Do you feel like the forums are more restrictive than during the heavy decision admin team?

I'm radiating with happiness for bringing this up, considering this was the very example of banning outside of the game i am rererring to. Sure, we let all our frustration flood skype and TS while we used a more or less civilised tone here on the forum to avoid control freaks use their powers in abusive ways, which didn't work out hence the decision but anyway, forgive and forget or howerver the saying goes.

The problem is people are trying to control apps and servers beyond the game's reach which means less private space for the players. Does everything have to be monitored these days? Cause from where im sitting and personal experience that won't "better" player behaviour. If anything it will trigger more shitstorms purposely.

RE: Hello - Levenna - 04-28-2024

(04-28-2024, 02:04 PM)Swifty Wrote: I'm radiating with happiness for bringing this up, considering this was the very example of banning outside of the game i am rererring to. Sure, we let all our frustration flood skype and TS while we used a more or less civilised tone here on the forum to avoid control freaks use their powers in abusive ways, which didn't work out hence the decision but anyway, forgive and forget or howerver the saying goes.

The problem is people are trying to control apps and servers beyond the game's reach which means less private space for the players. Does everything have to be monitored these days? Cause from where im sitting and personal experience that won't "better" player behaviour. If anything it will trigger more shitstorms purposely.

I'm just sayin' if said less than civilised tone/language is in a place a new player will easily stumble upon then imo it still is something people should be careful around, yes. As tightly regulated as forums? Probably not. But some level of decency I don't think is unreasonable to expect. There's nothing stopping people from going as hard as they please in actual private discords as far as I'm aware.

(04-28-2024, 01:18 PM)Traxit Wrote:
this

also return the swear filter ingame
also the rules got downsized a whole bunch
balance is thriving
systems is thriving
story is finally gaining some comphrension
the community is a lot less toxic than it used to

are we playing the same game?
I never had a problem with the swear filter in game whether it was on or off, its not all about the swearing. In some cases yes, it is funny but if overused it loses it's fun magic, like everything else.
Balance let a sweet and sour taste in my mouth but i also never really cried about it because things always seemed to change with time, meaning i always let room for more things to try out even if i don't always agree with them. New doesnt mean Bad unless everything is taken to one direction and the rest is put to rest or "forgotten".
It only took 10 years but better later than never. (Story)
Debatable. While for some part i can see your point, there's the other part that allowes me to humbly disagree with you. The toxicity is still there but it's under a different form these days. It is what it is, i guess.

(04-28-2024, 02:12 PM)Levenna Wrote:
(04-28-2024, 02:04 PM)Swifty Wrote: I'm radiating with happiness for bringing this up, considering this was the very example of banning outside of the game i am rererring to. Sure, we let all our frustration flood skype and TS while we used a more or less civilised tone here on the forum to avoid control freaks use their powers in abusive ways, which didn't work out hence the decision but anyway, forgive and forget or howerver the saying goes.

I'm just sayin' if said less than civilised tone/language is in a place a new player will easily stumble upon then imo it still is something people should be careful around, yes. As tightly regulated as forums? Probably not. But some level of decency I don't think is unreasonable to expect. There's nothing stopping people from going as hard as they please in actual private discords as far as I'm aware.

It seems unnecessary to force people to make a million private discords for the privacy they can comfort themselves in as their own factions. Idk, maybe it's just me and I've taken it a bit too far, but so did certain people with motoring/controlling everything around this game.

RE: Hello - Wildkins - 04-28-2024

if a public discord is linked to by The Official Discord and it is owned by a DiscoveryGC Official Faction ™ then that extends essentially tacit approval of everything that goes on in that discord

if a new player clicks one of the Official Faction Discords linked in our Official Discord and is immediately hit with a wall of racial slurs, I think it is within our purview to give a shit

RE: Hello - TheSauron - 04-28-2024

The outrage about this rule change seems to stem from some sort of misconception that you'll now be legally obliged to have Haste himself monitor your most degenerate, triple-hidden political discussion channels. All it asks for is that faction discords keep their public sections clean. This really isn't an unreasonable expectation, especially when your server is de facto the sole gathering spot for people playing in a region or on a specific ID. Like it or not, such servers are part of the community now just as much as the game or the forum is.

(04-28-2024, 02:42 PM)Wildkins Wrote: if a public discord is linked to by The Official Discord and it is owned by a DiscoveryGC Official Faction ™ then that extends essentially tacit approval of everything that goes on in that discord

if a new player clicks one of the Official Faction Discords linked in our Official Discord and is immediately hit with a wall of racial slurs, I think it is within our purview to give a shit

But this isn't only about these racial slurs, is it? It's not like someone gets called names of any sort because someone is bored. Some people bring the worst from others on purpose then they commonly and conveniently play victim to (insert preferred goals/conspiracy theory). Happened before, it will damn sure happen again.

(04-28-2024, 02:45 PM)TheSauron Wrote: The outrage about this rule change seems to stem from some sort of misconception that you'll now be legally obliged to have Haste himself monitor your most degenerate, triple-hidden political discussion channels. All it asks for is that faction discords keep their public sections clean. This really isn't an unreasonable expectation, especially when your server is de facto the sole gathering spot for people playing in a region or on a specific ID. Like it or not, such servers are part of the community now just as much as the game or the forum is.

Im not exactly sure why you believe it is an outrage every time i, or other people open general discussions to understand more about the matter. Its not like it will miraculously change anything, it's more so people give their own inputs/views on it, preferably in an educated manner as i have so far. Then again, you and i both know we always come from different sides of the fence so to speak so that probably answer me to the why at the beginning of this reply.

Seems like asking things became a bad habit these days. Idea - why don't we limit or even ban asking questions too? Tongue