Discovery Gaming Community
Looking for RP-heavy group. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Looking for Group (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=400)
+--- Thread: Looking for RP-heavy group. (/showthread.php?tid=204363)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Looking for RP-heavy group. - Reeves - 08-15-2024

(08-15-2024, 03:33 PM)Eclipse Vanguard Wrote: Man, why RP when you can Pew pew !?

(08-15-2024, 03:34 PM)9th.Legion Wrote:
(08-15-2024, 03:33 PM)Eclipse Vanguard Wrote: Man, why RP when you can Pew pew !?

My question as well. I still don't understand, what is it so fun about Role Playing, It has always been really boring doing that part of Freelancer.

Then I suppose neither of you ought to be posting here. Smile

RE: Looking for RP-heavy group. - StellarViss - 08-15-2024

My question as well. I still don't understand, what is it so fun about Role Playing, It has always been really boring doing that part of Freelancer.

Why did you post on your faction account to quote it with a personal account?

RE: Looking for RP-heavy group. - 9th.Legion - 08-15-2024

(08-15-2024, 03:43 PM)StellarViss Wrote:

Why did you post on your faction account to quote it with a personal account?
Having fun from time to time, doesn't hurt anyone. But still, I do find it quite strange how people like to Role Play more, than having actual fun in-game by Fighting other players.

-Anyways, I'm not going to spam here. See ya all in space.

RE: Looking for RP-heavy group. - Sombs - 08-15-2024

The beauty of Discovery is that this sandbox offers a bit of everything. There is no single target audience here. Some people like playing snubs, some play capital ships, some log for roleplay, some for exploration, some for powertrading and some for PoB tamagotchi gameplay. You might not be able to relate, and that is completely fine, as long as you can acknowledge and live with the fact that there is no one way to play the game. Discovery is a surprisingly well working roleplay platform, and even with a lot of people only being here for PvP, a lot of them find some level of joy in roleplay, be it light RP, medium or hardcore.

RE: Looking for RP-heavy group. - Wulthus - 08-15-2024

Because there are way better games on the market for the space pew pew than a 2003 Freelancer.

RE: Looking for RP-heavy group. - The_Godslayer - 08-15-2024

If you mean RP heavy as in a lot of RP and basically nothing else, Starfliers. If you mean RP heavy as in difficult and complex RP, you could dip your toes into Nomads or what remains of Gammu A.I.