Discovery Gaming Community
Patch When? Discovery 5.2 Edition: Blog #2 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+--- Thread: Patch When? Discovery 5.2 Edition: Blog #2 (/showthread.php?tid=204953)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Patch When? Discovery 5.2 Edition: Blog #2 - monmarfori - 10-03-2024

Perhaps we should actually wait for 5.2's release and see what things need to be fixed balance-wise.

RE: Patch When? Discovery 5.2 Edition: Blog #2 - Amba - 10-04-2024

The Desolators seem at a glance to be pretty different in use case from the rest of cruiser defense turrets, is that intended and will there be other turrets in that class similar to them?

RE: Patch When? Discovery 5.2 Edition: Blog #2 - Fab - 10-04-2024

(10-04-2024, 02:15 AM)Amba Wrote: The Desolators seem at a glance to be pretty different in use case from the rest of cruiser defense turrets, is that intended and will there be other turrets in that class similar to them?

the desolators are a missile equivalent to the cruiser ion blaster which already exists

RE: Patch When? Discovery 5.2 Edition: Blog #2 - Haste - 10-04-2024

(10-04-2024, 02:15 AM)Amba Wrote: The Desolators seem at a glance to be pretty different in use case from the rest of cruiser defense turrets, is that intended and will there be other turrets in that class similar to them?

It's obviously impossible to tell from an image, but Desolators are very much a defensive weapon. While they turn very quickly and can theoretically be used against a ship in front of you, their top speed is 140, meaning they're very unimpressive when used that way. Most of the ships in the mod will simply outrun them if they're moving away from them, and even if they catch up to you you'll have plenty of time to shoot them down. If someone is chasing you, however, they're really quite hard to avoid or shoot down in time.

RE: Patch When? Discovery 5.2 Edition: Blog #2 - Seapanda - 10-04-2024

Looking forward to trying out all these new changes. Definitely gonna try all of the ship classes now.

RE: Patch When? Discovery 5.2 Edition: Blog #2 - Tenshi Kuonji - 10-04-2024

Nice additions nice addition, but what i can say ...

1.- Battlecrusier Changes
Code:
Battlecruisers have also been slightly adjusted as a class, shifting their focus from defense to offense and agility:
Armor — including components and their corresponding damage fuses — has been reduced by 20%.
Mass reduced by 5000.
Thrust speed increased by 10 m/s.
Maximum turn rate increased by 10%.
Powercore recharge increased by 15,000.
Redistributors now provide 20,000 energy per second, up from 12,500.
Battlecruiser shields now draw 34,730 energy per second while recharging.

I think i will give the dude, but that 34730 energy per second draw while recharging is consterning me ... their recharge is really low for it to cost that much ¬¬ and reduce 20% Armor from their small armor pool they had? C'mon! they are already pretty easy to destroy ¬¬

Code:
Light Battleship Impulse speed has been increased from 90 m/s to 110 m/s.
Medium Battleship Impulse speed has been increased from 90 m/s to 100 m/s.
Battleship armor has been reduced by ~33%.
Battleship powercore recharge has been increased by 20,000.
Battleship shields now drain 43,700 power per second when rebuilding.
Heavy Battleship shields now drain 54,850 power per second when rebuilding.
Battleship strafe power usage increased from 250 to 450.
Increase 20K of Powercore but make 43700/54850 power usage on shields when rebuilding ... Not even half of it Battleships can't even sustain 2 secondaries, you nerf with less guns and now this?
~33% of Armor Reduction? ... Nothing to say in here but this is stupid
Battleship strafe power usage increased from 250 to 450. ... Wow, before i was able to move 30 meters, now i will only be able to move 12?

Personally i don't know who came with the stupid idea of nerfing even more the capital ships, those in any Army are the heaviest most lethal and potent ships of any navy ...
Maybe you need a better Developer to play with them pretty well and act as a capital ship for being UNABLE to be Solo-ED by a fighter ...

It is the brightest idea ... Let's nerf the Capital Ships ...
How lame ...
Being a powertrader or just fly transports into all PvPs as Dark Chocolate says, but seriously man...

[Image: giphy.webp]

RE: Patch When? Discovery 5.2 Edition: Blog #2 - Dark Chocolate - 10-04-2024

(10-04-2024, 04:32 PM)Tenshi Kuonji Wrote: Increase 20K of Powercore but make 43700/54850 power usage on shields when rebuilding ... Not even half of it Battleships can't even sustain 2 secondaries, you nerf with less guns and now this?
~33% of Armor Reduction? ... Nothing to say in here but this is stupid
Battleship strafe power usage increased from 250 to 450. ... Wow, before i was able to move 30 meters, now i will only be able to move 12?

Personally i don't know who came with the stupid idea of nerfing even more the capital ships, those in any Army are the heaviest most lethal and potent ships of any navy ...
Maybe you need a better Developer to play with them pretty well and act as a capital ship for being UNABLE to be Solo-ED by a fighter ...

I agree with you 500%.
It's almost as if they don't want people to fly caps and punish everyone who does.
Constant nerfs to caps in every patch is really sad.

RE: Patch When? Discovery 5.2 Edition: Blog #2 - Jayenbee - 10-04-2024

Y'all forgot about Positrons already? Kek.

Just think about it.

RE: Patch When? Discovery 5.2 Edition: Blog #2 - Eternal.Journey - 10-04-2024

Several Battleship main usernames Wrote:”unplayable, “nerfed”, “devs hate us” etc. etc.

Yeah. Uh, I’d like to say you’re right but…. Guys. The changes are not all nerfs. You only see whats been posted, and I’m quite certain you wont be complaining in a couple days when you realise the full scope of what has actually changed to them. I do not think you will want what you have now when you see the other, not-yet-mentioned changes.

RE: Patch When? Discovery 5.2 Edition: Blog #2 - Dark Chocolate - 10-04-2024

Some folks who can't handle feedback Wrote:"These are not nerfs" "this is not full list of changes" "wait for full release then you'll see how awesome the patch is"

People will share their opinions on this information that is being given to them in the dev diaries as well as their past experiences with the updates.

People will share their opinions about the full release, as and when the full release actually happens.