Discovery Gaming Community
Should the SCRA switch tags? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Should the SCRA switch tags? (/showthread.php?tid=2175)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Should the SCRA switch tags? - PARAKEET - 01-08-2007

No tags, for now, because maybe in the next version coalition might be added.;)*hint add coalition tag*

Should the SCRA switch tags? - Dab - 01-08-2007

' Wrote:well, thats why the 'no tag' option is around... becuase our RP doesn't really fit any of them.

Your RP doesn't need to to pick on. Just pick the faction that fulfills the reputations you have. The Junkers work well with that. AW's RP isn't even close to that of the Zoners, we use the tag and ID because it fits our reps and our style for dealing with other factions. Mainly neutral to all.

Should the SCRA switch tags? - Fellow Hoodlum - 01-08-2007

' Wrote:I agree...I am not trying to find more work for the admins and the mod makers but, if they can make specific tags for each of the clans, the tags would add to the RP.

For instance, a London Drug tag, or a Helghast tag...

The SCRA could use a SCRA tag...

Hope you mean IDs there ... Tags would mean a new NPC faction for each one. Wow some work.

Koolmo, The closest one for your RP would still seem to be the Junkers though. Again depends on
which NPC faction you want to target mainly aswell. Difficult , and loosing one tag might gain you
the next on your list real easy. Possibly the Order as you have had Corsair ties ...
And the Phantoms may have their own 'ID' ... But still fly with a Xeno tag.

Hoodlum

Should the SCRA switch tags? - pchwang - 01-08-2007

' Wrote:Hope you mean IDs there ... Tags would mean a new NPC faction for each one. Wow some work.

Koolmo, The closest one for your RP would still seem to be the Junkers though. Again depends on
which NPC faction you want to target mainly aswell. Difficult , and loosing one tag might gain you
the next on your list real easy. Possibly the Order as you have had Corsair ties ...
And the Phantoms may have their own 'ID' ... But still fly with a Xeno tag.

Hoodlum

I might be wrong here, but a tag is the thing that acts as a tractor beam, and you can pick up or buy?

Because that is what I am talking about.

Or am I wrong, and that is in fact called an ID...

It does not matter, you know what I mean. I think that having faction specific ID/Tag would be great since it puts no limits on RPing. Current rules state that you need to go along with your ID/Tag RP and your faction RP, and I think that it puts a lot of strain on the RP system...

Should the SCRA switch tags? - Dab - 01-08-2007

Thats the ID Elgato.

Also Koolmo, the Junkers are seen constantly fighting with the RM at Planet New Berlin, yet not seen being shot by BAF very often. So you can be neutral to SF and hostile/unfriendly to RM (whichever you are) and it wouldn't be out-of-place. There is even enough leeway to allow neutrality with RM without seeming too out-of-place.

Should the SCRA switch tags? - Fellow Hoodlum - 01-08-2007

Ok brief explanation for those newer and the confused among us ... Me as always.

The ID is the piece you buy that acts as your tractor beam too. Comes in shades of a civvy start-up one, to be
changed at level 40 ... Then the purchase of a Freelancer, Neutral or any matching NPC faction one is a server
rule.

The 'Tag' is what shows to everyone else on the server with your name, if you have gained one. This is indicated
by your top green affiliation which will flash yellow when you are showing said 'Tag'. Easy to gain with out trying
sometimes, usually the wrong one. A bugger to lose if you are not sure what you are doing aswell.

Ask if you have a problem, There have been cases where it has been easier to delete and start again when its
gone badly wrong, and I don't wish that on anyone.

Hoodlum

Should the SCRA switch tags? - Koolmo - 01-08-2007

Junkers are kind of passive aggressive smugglers though. I'm thinking Order might be a good idea, because they are VERY secretive about their actions, and are quite territiorial as well. OTOH, you had a good point about Junkers, and they are relatively neutral with everyone else, just kinda on the shady side.

We'll wait a few more days before deciding though, I think. I want to talk it over with the senior SCAR folks, and as many others as want to join in (hint: post in HERE!) All I'm gonna say for now is that corsair tag is most assuredly out. I'd like to hope that the Coalition ID might be added in the next mod, as it would benifit 2 factions on this sever, and who knows how many others. Thats all I have for now.

Should the SCRA switch tags? - Qunitinius~Verginix - 01-08-2007

Hmmm you also forgot to add that the Junkers salvage whatever comes to hand and so (RP wise) would have access to a veyr large amount of ships and equipment. (Another reason Helghast are allied with them).

Also, by have "Faction ID's" we would get away from the purpose of having the factions alligned with NPC's, which was what was planned for in the first place.

Verginix Out

Should the SCRA switch tags? - Wolfpack98 - 01-08-2007

Order is pretty much neutral to everyone, except BHG and Liberty. However, that's already taken.

As for Junker.. that might work for SCRA much better.

Tho i have a beef to pick with the IDs. Koolmo, you've been a little 'sour' about the Coliation ID thing not being implemented. To be fair, the Phantom ID was a mistake. And frankly, It more than likely will get pulled as no other server has Phantoms on their server.

With that in mind, please remember that this mod is built with the PUBLIC in mind, not just Discovery 24/7.

Should the SCRA switch tags? - Koolmo - 01-08-2007

I dunno Wolf, I've seen several other servers that have Coaltion factions on them, and they work fine. And I haven't been sour about the coalition ID's, I could understand why you wouldn't want them. However, it seems to be a good idea to me, the idea of a coalition faction has been quite popular on other servers i've played on, although none with the disco mod. Its not like its an 'SCRA' ID, it is usable by multiple groups, unlike the Phantom ID.