Discovery Gaming Community
Blowing People Up - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Blowing People Up (/showthread.php?tid=22437)

Pages: 1 2

Blowing People Up - carlabrams - 06-27-2009

' Wrote:Kill a cop? Sirius's Most Wanted.
Shoot down a liner? Mass Murderer.

::Incoming Transmission::
::Harvester 64::
::Database updated::
::Information gathered and collated::
::Bio-units do not boot from saved copy::
::Bio-units consider harvesting of bio-mass to be against ethical codes::
::QUERY - Ethical codes not found in programming::
::Ignore Ethical Codes while harvesting bio-mass units::
::Continue base programming::
::Seek Alpha Code, harvest needed resources to complete base programming::
::End Transmission::

-----

One characters crime is another characters needed resources. :)

Blowing People Up - casero - 06-27-2009

"does not simply slap the title ambassador on, mouth off to the cops and zoom about the streets disrupting lanes and, when cornered, defend himself with violence and not expect to find all manner of trouble for his actions."

/signed

Why would be an ambassador carrying contraband?
If I were an Junker ambassador in liberty, I certainly wouldn't be breaking their laws.

Blowing People Up - Danieru - 06-27-2009

Disproportionate response?

Ever heard of a Taser?

We live in times when the term 'disproportionate response' is losing its meaning.

'Less lethal weapons', torture, rendition, dubious military tribunals. Unless people find they are at risk of losing their jobs or paying more for beer and smokes - no-one really cares.

Unfortunately this is reflected in the behaviour of the local constabulary. It is a sign of the times.

Blowing People Up - worldstrider - 06-27-2009

' Wrote:Why would be an ambassador carrying contraband?
If I were an Junker ambassador in liberty, I certainly wouldn't be breaking their laws.

I was on my wat to Rochester and they happened to snatch me. The contrband actually was research materials. Not drugs, booze and prostitutes;)

' Wrote:Why would be an ambassador carrying contraband?

I was on my wat to Rochester and they happened to snatch me. The contrband actually was research materials. Not drugs, booze and prostitutes;) It was also 5 unites or less of each substance and less than 20 overall.

Blowing People Up - Errant.Venture - 06-28-2009

Hmm well if you want real life examples....and i am in no way suggesting that this should be tolerated in Game...

Real world diplomats have diplomatic immunity in foreign countries, however particularly troublesome ones may end up in a tin shack in guam, surrounded by land mines.

Diplomats come and go, and are killed numerous ways....but if you really think about it, a spec ops team, can counter the diplomat thing....think Real world special forces could be described as diplomats with guns, i.e. "Hey we want to help you by building you a well, and training your men, but in return you have to fight against our enemies, and if you dont, then a crazy ranger detachment might just get the coordinates to your villages..."

As for the other stuff....i really dont want to comment