Discovery Gaming Community
The way you are - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: The way you are (/showthread.php?tid=22639)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

The way you are - Jihadjoe - 07-01-2009

' Wrote:Everyone will say:

"Ganking is bad."

Whether it will end up in a wall of text or a few sentences, they will still say the same thing.

And yet, it will continue, it will always continue, just like it has been for the last two years. You can hate me for thinking like this, but this is the truth which I accept.

That might well be true. Depressing as your outlook is, there is every chance you're right. However I'm still gunna try and make it not happen any more. People getting upset and pissed off and angry just isn't alright. So I'm going to try, no matter how futile it may be, to prevent it from happening.

Here's a hint to avoid ganking. Make it known you disapprove. Do it in group chat. Don't accuse others of it. But talk to your own group. Say "//I am dropping out of this fight because it is unfair and thus not fun for the opponent." to the other people on your side. See how many follow suit.

The way you are - Elsdragon - 07-01-2009

BOunties would collapse

The way you are - tazuras - 07-01-2009

' Wrote:BOunties would collapse

I disagree, you get a screen of a ship exploding with your guns firing at it. if multiple people submit it, bounties get split. blue msgs are somewhat oorp anyway, and would someone paying for the bounty care who got the final killshot if everyone helped kill the guy?

The way you are - Cellulanus - 07-01-2009

' Wrote:Here's some food for thought: what would happen if blue msg's were turned off?

Then Bounty hunters would become useless, and the rules regarding them would have to change,

Also, SSing a shot of a ship blowing up and you shooting at a ship isn't the best solution, you could miss the take and loose the bounty, or just shoot the guy, run, kill and NPC and claim the bounty.

The way you are - johnpeter - 07-01-2009

Quote:A large corsair fleet comes to Omicron Eta, and as shoud be the case, a large outcast force responds. Long fight, but in the end the outcasts are winning. I'm there flying my bomber and having a very good time. Until I realise something. There are 15 outcasts trying to shoot down three Titans. I stopped shooting, hit the cruise engines and left. Most people didn't Lohingren cottond on to this and toldf the rest of the RoS to bug out. Good man. However the fact that it got to that stage of the fight without anything thinking, "lets make this fun for the folks who are left" is kinda shocking.
I was there, the main problem were the *f bomb*ing turrets. They took out my gunboat's shields in a few shots, and because of the lag I couldn't use bots/bats, did anyone see "[OPG-M]Fenix"? No? That's because I died at the begining of the fight by those *f bomb again*ing turrets!

I tend to not engage when I'm a a unfair ship, but I have no luck getting others not to. They say things like "Cruisers are made to be anti-fighter!"

The way you are - swift - 07-01-2009

I'd agree to remove the blue messages if we, that is, the FL-Hook deity, would have the time among all the other huge amounts of work he does to make a FL Hook plugin for bounty hunting.

The way you are - ophidian - 07-01-2009

Rules are so tight that the pressure of squeze causes leaks of air.

Removing the blue messages would certainly have an effect on some.

Educating the players may help but its a stupidly hard thing to do to give a training at each player about stuff.

It is a fact, forum rules and culture are a secondary and later stage of development in Disco, getting involved and understanding the community takes several months of one unless he/she is willingly active over stuff.

Some things are WAY TOO complicated here.

Best thing to do is to retreat from a big bad battle, doing the retreating RP - being faced with powerful odds and so.

If you cannot change the mind, rules will only create new pathways.

The way you are - Jihadjoe - 07-01-2009

I think rather than using a change in game mechanic, we should perhaps look more to the root of the issue. That'll be you guys out there. The people who play the game.

The way you are - Bass_masta992 - 07-01-2009

I'll easily say that's i'm just as guilty as the next person. Sure, i don't always do it, but I've had times where i wasn't needed, and kept fighting anyway.

It isn't fun both ways, ganking isn't really enjoyable, because you don't really have to try, because so many others are doing the same, making you unimportant. Boring. Getting Ganked... Obvious.

This is one of the areas where the game needs to be more of a game. In real life, several police officers will chase after the suspect. Here, if two bombers/fighters are being engage, engage with two fighters/bombers.

Fairness isn't a rule, but it sure as hell should be.

The way you are - tazuras - 07-01-2009

' Wrote:I think rather than using a change in game mechanic, we should perhaps look more to the root of the issue. That'll be you guys out there. The people who play the game.
How do we change people though if they dont talk to us or they simply refuse to change?

(2,000th post)