Discovery Gaming Community
Rebuilding the Wasupu - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Rebuilding the Wasupu (/showthread.php?tid=23328)

Pages: 1 2 3

Rebuilding the Wasupu - Sasaki - 07-15-2009

' Wrote:It looks like a, was it Stinger? To me.

I'm unsure about the original name, but I think you're right. The file is called Stinger, but people I talk to about it call it the Wasupu. And the Wiki uses both;)

Rebuilding the Wasupu - Turkish - 07-15-2009

Yeah, that would be it.

It looks nearly identical, too much so I think. But also a fine blend, I think the wing pattern you mimice doesn't integrate with the rest of the line so well.

Too pronounced.

Rebuilding the Wasupu - DiscoveryAccount - 07-15-2009

That last ship you modeled is the one I like the most

Turkish: Yeah, I was trying to keep it as close as possible since it seemed like a model that people really liked, and I didn't want to just throw out the work of whoever did the original model. But you're right, it doesn't quite fit in as well. I'll tweak it a bit and see what I come up with.

Rebuilding the Wasupu - Hawkwings - 07-15-2009

See if you can come up with something cool to fill in that ridiculous space between the two rear engine pods. Other than that, it's nice to see all this work being done! I can't wait to see what else you come out with.

Rebuilding the Wasupu - Shazbot11 - 07-15-2009

Wasupu Mk. II = new hotness

Rebuilding the Wasupu - Friday - 07-15-2009

I think Wasupu is Japanese for 'stinger'?

Have a think about where you want to put the gun hardpoints. In the current position guns poke right out the front of the ship and distort its shape - making it look all spiny.

Consider placing them further back so the weapons are mounted - or place two guns under the cockpit - and the over 4 in an 'over-under' configuration on the front wings.

As for the entire line - looks fantastic!

Bear in mind you now have TWO VHFs - the custom design - consider making that the bomber!

Rebuilding the Wasupu - Hawkwings - 07-15-2009

Nothing wrong with two VHFs. A bomber should be quite a bit beefier, those ships don't look like they have much internal space right now.

Thanks everyone!

Yeah, I'd like to do something different for the bombers. Plus, these ships just replace models that already exist in FL, there's nothing extra here, Renzu already produces 2 VHFs.

//EDIT

And I will be tweaking the Wasupu Mk. II, try to get it to fit in a bit more.

Rebuilding the Wasupu - Ironwatsas - 07-15-2009

Personally, I like the wing pattern on the Wasupu (more then that on the other ships actually). Though I do agree that there needs to be something between the engine pods. Connecting spar, fuel tank, random thingy, mine dropper+thruster+cm, etc.