Discovery Gaming Community
Final version of new rules - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Final version of new rules (/showthread.php?tid=2335)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Final version of new rules - Qunitinius~Verginix - 02-04-2007

I dont know about the freelancer ID being taken away, especially when there are people like me, who acctually use the freelancer ID for what it intended for. I need to know, from everyone elses opinion, what ID I should give Roddy and Rita, because I still want them to retian their freelancer-ish character.

Verginix Out

Final version of new rules - Kane - 02-04-2007

Bounty Hunter ID can work in place of Freelancer. Once you think about it, in the actual game what are you hired to do? Blow up ships for money. That's more of a bounty hunter then an actual freelancer.

Now, if there were a Merc ID, there would be a few more options. For example, a Merc could be hired to protect someone, bolster some forces, perhaps help train soldiers, or even play scout for a main force. Those with Merc ID's can play individual mercs or could even create their own Mercinary Company.

Say you created a character named Massako. She works in special ops, then retires. After a while, she decides that a life of luxury isn't for her, and starts looking for good troopers to start a mercinary company. Thus, Massako's Marauders are born, and quickly establish a name for themselfs as the most ruthless and perhaps even one of the best equipped ground forces on the market.

With the Merc ID, however, there would come some limmitations. For example, something no Merc would ever do is go back on a contract, no matter what the "other guy" paied. The Merc does that, and is never hired again or even killed by the second employer. Once the contract is paied out, that's an open question. Then the question of ships becomes important, as no government is going to sell someone their battleships and cruisers. They might make use of armored transports with vastly imporved armor and weapons, or use the Container Transports (Due to the large number of guns) to land entire companies of troops at once. Use your imagination.

And, to actually answer your problem Quin, the Bounty Hunter ID is your best bet to keep a Freelance character. Beyond that, I would say the Neutral ID.

Final version of new rules - Lynxx - 02-04-2007

Somewhere in this post someone said something about trying to distinguish PVP players from RP characters by using ID's. PLEASE DON"T ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN!!! I personaly prefer a server that is either RP or PVP only not both. If someone is looking to PVP then go find a PVP server.

Final version of new rules - Lynxx - 02-04-2007

I love the idea that you have to register on the forums to play on the server. If your not reading the forums then you can't possibly RP.

Final version of new rules - Virus - 02-04-2007

There should be absolutely no such thing as a non-RP character on a RP-server. Makes no sense, does it?

Merc ID sounds like a good idea with Kane's limitations. Naturally, the ships would have to be limited to nothing bigger than a gunboat at the biggest.

Also, there seems to be a contradiction in the punishment for speed mod:

Quote:2.1 Following actions are considered cheating on server:

- Using non-Discovery mods, Speed Mod especially (you'll be banned forever if spotted);
- Changing account information and using any kinds of software that changes normal gameplay;
- Using any equipment not included for sale/looting in Discovery mod, cloaks for example;
- Using F1 in any PvP combat;
- Using equipment that exceeds ship specs;
- Cloning, e.g. creating new characters to collect starting money.

2.2 Server administrators impose sanctions on cheaters depending on consequences.

Punishment for using speed mod (first time) will be no less than ban for 15 days. Punishment for using F1 (first time) will be no less than 80% credit fine or ban for 3 days. Players who have been spotted cheating for 2 or more times will be banned forever.

Loopholes are bad for business.
--------------
Quote:3.3 All messages in chat must be in understandable English, unless the chat is private and both members know the language being used.

Does trying to use a German accent for my Rheinland characters count? Like "Vhat iz dis? You 'ave contraband itemz in your ship." or Kane's Feuer character "You have disssobeyed our ordersss in our ssspacsse. Pay the finesss or you will die."

Possibly more to come.

Final version of new rules - Igiss - 02-04-2007

Quote:Loopholes are bad for business.
Probably forgot to change that, or someone else did that.

Corrected.

What you posted Korrd is example of what understandable English might be.

Final version of new rules - Yngen - 02-04-2007

No where does it state a player must use a ship, equipment or base that matches his or her ID. I can accept this omission if everyone else can, and promise never to criticize another player for ship choice or equipment choice. On the other hand role play quality would increase dramatically if ID restrictions where to encompase faction ships, weapons and bases.

One issue with the stated rules:

7.7 Owners of Trader IDs have a right to attack:

- Pirates

Why can't a trader ID ship attack terrorists?

Why can't a trader ID ship attack a hostile faction such as a Bretonian corporation attacking Kusari navy?

Final version of new rules - Igiss - 02-04-2007

Yngen, read the whole thing, not just Traders.

Quote:7.4 Owners of all IDs can attack:

- Terrorists
- Players that are members of hostile player faction
- Players inside home system of attacker's faction

Final version of new rules - onca - 02-04-2007

@Igiss: Good work with the new rules, I agree with them whole heartedly.

The one addition is on tags -- I think for players who reach L.40, their tag should match their ID.

As for the Freelancer ID, I agree with Virus et.el.... there is not a great deal of use on an RP server. Of all my chars I have one "freelancer", whose purpose in life is to explore the galaxy, try out new ships & weps, and keep my practice up killing nomads. All my other chars have real lives and corresponding faction IDs.

o.

Final version of new rules - Virus - 02-05-2007

Did I miss something, or is there no list of Admins on that rule list like it said there would be?