Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes (/showthread.php?tid=23848)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - kikatsu - 07-25-2009

eeehh
well it sounds really cool, but it has me worried a bit
Geordi, my main junker, carries around alot of RP cargo that would take a while to get to the bases where they are picked up

it would just be a bother really because of the connection problems I have when the rain gets too hard

but would the cargo stay in space? with the other ship being there nearby I mean
would only the cargo bay empty? or the ammo and weapons holds too?

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - centauri5pirate - 07-25-2009

The only thing is, probably half the goons that F1 out aren't even registered on the forums. It might be a good idea to put this in Console chat in-game.

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - Canadianguy - 07-25-2009

Like many said, while this is a good deterent against ppl f1ing.

Some peoples like me can sometimes lag out while in the middle of a fight or RPing with someone.
Before, all you had to do is to come back and inform in private to the guy that you lagged out. The problem now is that we will be damaged and we will lose our cargo.

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - Grimly - 07-25-2009

Hmmm, and when I want to F1 in space cause an allied station is firing on me and an ally is there ... will it kill me ?

I hope it don't make drop b/b and ammoes or it would be a bit abused for fighter crafts.

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - kikatsu - 07-25-2009

oh is this a set damaged or a percent damage to the ship? I mean...to hurt a capital armored zoner whale it would take a decent amount of damage
but if a dagger f1's out it could just explode

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - JW.corsair - 07-25-2009

When the server crashes will the consequences be the same? I am usually on my trader when the server goes down. If the server crash there should be no repercussions.

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - Zeltak - 07-25-2009

Nope. This is "punish all from the act of few."

Don't sit right with me.

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - Treewyrm - 07-25-2009

What is "another player"? Any other player? Hostile player? Friendly player? What player? When does that check is triggered? I suppose after a timeout. But say you disconnect in presumably empty space when nobody is around and before timeout is reached somebody has entered your range, anyone, may be even your own faction mate, what happens then?

Yesterday I went to check out that fight in Omicron Alpha, I stayed outside of the fight because the server kept lagging badly and in fact I couldn't even see enemy ships although I knew they were there. Ten or so minutes of the blinking red lag icon and poof - I got back to server list.

I hope I am mistaken about how it works. Otherwise it's gonna make me a sad panda.

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - agentmike - 07-25-2009

can you set it to only work if a players PING is over 700 or 800???

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - chovynz - 07-25-2009

I support this move, and I'm one of those who suffer from lag spikes and random disconnects.
I'm on Dial-up as I cannot afford Broadband at the moment.

I'd like to see this trialed for awhile to see if it actually has an effect on me.
(I forsee a few happy pirates in the near future.)

Edit: clarifiaction:
I'd like to see if it reduces the admin/f1out.pirateing.avoidance/load and if it can be tweaked.
I think it's a good idea, however, the idea needs to be refined to also not-deal with innocents.