Discovery Gaming Community
Close combat weapons? (on hold) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Close combat weapons? (on hold) (/showthread.php?tid=24777)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Close combat weapons? (on hold) - jammi - 08-12-2009

Problem - if it's a anti-capital bomber weapon, it'd be horrifically easy to drop a fighter's shields, and ram it with the weapon activated. And people complain about the SNAC now - imagine the fallout from that particular gem.

The idea is amazing though. I'd love to have it - I just don't trust the people that'd use it.

Close combat weapons? (on hold) - Guest - 08-12-2009

It would cause rams, that could be fixed if we'd increse the self damage on ramming. maybe, damage would be that of a mini razor hit, BUT it would fit in a class 9 slot, use up all energy in a few moments, but if you want it to be more powahpewl, a bomber one might be a little more powerful, a 28k damage one maybe, goes in the torp slot so its harder to aim.

Close combat weapons? (on hold) - Elsdragon - 08-12-2009

I would mount it Perpendicular to the ship, SO I dont get face razored

Close combat weapons? (on hold) - jammi - 08-12-2009

What would the refire be? Would the solid beam-sword effect be created by lag inducing, server crashing ridiculously high refire, or through the clever use of projectile effects?

Close combat weapons? (on hold) - Beagle23 - 08-12-2009

Increasing self-damage from ramming means you'd have to be damn skillful to use these in an anti-cap fashion, which I like. Space ninjas.

On the other hand, you'd also need to be pretty good to catch any fighter worth its salt if it knows you're trying to shank it. Having considered it, I don't think they'd be that OP.

And they'd be damn interesting.

Projectile effect is a resized red engine flame effect. refire is <strike>2.00</strike> 8.00 and will be enough to let it hit while also providing enough power drain to kill a bombers powerplant in 3 seconds, a fighter's one in 1 second.

Close combat weapons? (on hold) - reavengitair - 08-12-2009

We could put them on the Kusari stuff... for real swords!

Anyway, veery interesting idea! 8.33 refire, large projectile...

I can so imagine this. And I really want it.

2.00 Seems to leave quite a gap when you're trying to close-quarters shank a fighter, especially if its lagging. How does the hit detection work?

I'd think it would be a very thin projectile. The fun part is that the aiming would be purely intuitive, since you cannot use the crosshair.

Well, if we are ever treated to these in-server, I will renounce my projectile ways and become a ninja post-haste.

No guns
No missiles
All CQC
Final Destination