Discovery Gaming Community
Missiles destroying equipment - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Missiles destroying equipment (/showthread.php?tid=24951)

Pages: 1 2 3

Missiles destroying equipment - schlurbi - 08-16-2009

Good now i can write my Story.

Yesterday a Missile Spamming Paladin ran into me in Texas. We wanted to be fair and let only one fight. And i said that i am only watching and sat on the Lane. What was he doing? Rushes into me, fires at me without notice before the fight even started. After a few minutes and a second Missile Spamming Fighter i lost everything except my Snac and Nova. I could hit the Paladin once with a Nova, but the Shield went up before it hit.

So yeh well. I think it should be removed. Missiles are a heavy damage dealer. AND they can remove your guns. Which is pretty overpowered in my eyes.

And yeh well, you cant really dodge and cm and cd missiles when you have 2 Fighters on your ass with 280 Missiles on board. And then still fire CDs at you. You have a constant "Incoming Missile" Voice.

Missiles destroying equipment - tansytansey - 08-16-2009

Barghests are major missile magnets Gloucester, it's part of the reason I don't fly mine often anymore. Stick behind it and spam Q and there's nothing it can do.

Interestingly enough, the letter Q in french means 'ass'. So every time you run into a missile spammer, just remember that each time he sends a volley of missiles your way, all he's really doing is tapping ass.

The explosive damage we have now is no where near as bad as it was in 4.84. Two hits from a Cannonball and my Greyhound lost one or two guns and was forced to retreat.

Missiles destroying equipment - Ash - 08-16-2009

Missiles blowing off components, equipment or even commodities once the target's destroyed is perfectly logical. It's what this game is all about, taking an incredibly ancient game and updating it to make it more realistic and entertaining.

Missiles destroying equipment - Malexa - 08-16-2009

I think its also a good way to get people out of fights.

Botfeeding bystanders kept feeding a gunless fighter one time, it was pretty cool to say that he got defeated, even with his feeding friends around*laughs*

Yeah I know it can be annoying sometimes, but in the new mod you can eat so many mines or missiles until you loose all guns, thats incredible.

Missiles destroying equipment - Exsiled_one - 08-17-2009

Omg ofcourse, its entire point of missiles. What an awesome thing to have, blowing up fighters equipment, hopefully thruster as well

Missiles destroying equipment - Rudo - 08-17-2009

It's the whole attraction of the Nova Torpedo.

POW! Bye bye guns.

Missiles destroying equipment - reavengitair - 08-17-2009

Quote:It's the whole attraction of the Nova Torpedo.

POW! Bye bye guns.

If you can hit a fighter, bomber or gunboat with that thing...

Anyway, I find that countermeasures and TCDs are really the way to go.

You can make them kill themselves... quite easily.

Missiles destroying equipment - MarvinCZ - 08-17-2009

Losing your guns hurts. Blowing up hurts as well. What did we learn? Combat hurts.

We shouldn't remove equipment damage just because it hurts - it is an intended effect of explosives and with the increased durability of equipment compared to 4.84 it seems well balanced.

Missiles destroying equipment - darthbeck - 08-17-2009

i would be against that entirely.

besides, i enjoy blowing of transport guns when they dont pay.

Missiles destroying equipment - Xavier.Fierceshot - 08-17-2009

Alright as a missile user myself... don't you think you should get what you pay for? Missiles are good weapons on the joust and as many people have stated can be countered quite easily. Blowing guns off is an effective strategy... if you don't want to lose your guns, practice some of the counters that people have stated. I myself fly into fights with a paralyzer and a cannonball combo, but I always have to watch the experienced guys with a CD. Also, there are the costs for you to restock your ship with missiles... You'd better hope your doing damage if your paying for it! :laugh: I support missiles blowing off guns. :)