Discovery Gaming Community
Buccaneers NPC faction - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Buccaneers NPC faction (/showthread.php?tid=25272)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Buccaneers NPC faction - farmerman - 08-21-2009

I like the idea (obviously, as I suggested similar multiple times before) as it can be a start to actually fixing Gaians to be logical.

There's always a couple debated stations that could be converted to such a faction.

Buccaneers NPC faction - jammi - 08-21-2009

At the moment, the Buccaneer space-borne operations are too small to be really disorganised. The Captain has the final say on all matters, and there are still few enough pilots that Lieutenants can lay down the law on an individual level. Once we hit the stage of exponential growth that the Buccaneers of old went through, we'll probably take on a more Roguish appearance.

There is a very large planetside group though. I'd say the Buccaneers made up a good percentage of illicit activity on Planet Leeds itself, with other minor offshoots on New London and Cambridge.

Also, how do you crew a station without NPCs?

Buccaneers NPC faction - Altaris - 08-21-2009

If i understand good, you want to get own iff just like CRs?

Buccaneers NPC faction - jammi - 08-21-2009

People have suggested it, yes. We're more interested in having a place to dock though. At the moment we're having to rely on Trafalgar, so some place that we can actually call home ingame would be appreciated.

My thoughts are now something along the lines of the Liner hidden in the smog cloud - it'd be done so that it's unmappable, and the only bribe would be found on the station itself. That way it'd be difficult for non-Buccaneers to find, as it should be.

' Wrote:People have suggested it, yes. We're more interested in having a place to dock though. At the moment we're having to rely on Trafalgar, so some place that we can actually call home ingame would be appreciated.

My thoughts are now something along the lines of the Liner hidden in the smog cloud - it'd be done so that it's unmappable, and the only bribe would be found on the station itself. That way it'd be difficult for non-Buccaneers to find, as it should be.

If Buccaneers are really that good faction as i heard, i dont think there should be any problem in purchasing own System (with dockable bases) getting own ID along with IFF. tbh i really looking forward to it

Buccaneers NPC faction - Cyberanson - 08-21-2009

While I would support a base and a NPC faction for the Buccaneers, I think the idea with the own system is not the best.
They should definetly NOT have the technical expertise to colonize remote systems or planets.

Buccaneers NPC faction - Violette - 08-21-2009

Buccaneers need at least a base, but not really a system. And NPCs with a tag and all would be great...

Buccaneers NPC faction - Bjorn - 08-21-2009

NPC tag, id - Yes
Bases - Yes
NPC pilots - Maybe
System - Not in any near future.

' Wrote:While I would support a base and a NPC faction for the Buccaneers, I think the idea with the own system is not the best.
They should definetly NOT have the technical expertise to colonize remote systems or planets.

Disagree.
Buccaneers follow concept of classic pirates. Pirates, hunting treasures and seeking new unknown worlds. I believe there is high chance they would discover new system. And treasure hunting, brings cash. Another thing what allows them to develop their own ships.

Buccaneers NPC faction - Dopamino - 08-21-2009

Bretonia really needs a strong unlawful group.