Discovery Gaming Community
Reduce ALL ship sizes to fit scaling. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Reduce ALL ship sizes to fit scaling. (/showthread.php?tid=25478)

Pages: 1 2 3

Reduce ALL ship sizes to fit scaling. - Hundra - 08-26-2009

' Wrote:Please review post number three on this thread while feeling insulted about being insulted, I assure you it's very insulting. The irony make me warm inside. The few numbers of repetitive threads requesting changes that in one effect or another ultimately lead to a space simulator look do not warrant the amount of work you underestimate. Have you tried Eve? It's scaled and all that jazz, feel free to take your righteous self over there for scale free problems.
I assure you I do not feel like paying to play a game, when I have a better alternative that I could get for free.

I was simply stating the fact that you did not spell your "too" correctly, and it was meant for a bit of humor, but that's lost in you, apparently.

Not considering an idea for a moment, and instantly shooting it down because it may not completely fit your needs, your views, or your expectations, is not something that makes people want to value your opinion. I am trying to find a solution to STOP the threads about scaling, having a more realistic/scaled environment would in fact be a bit cooler, I GET the idea that it is an arcade game, I GET the fact that it is a space fps, I don't get why you won't consider making any changes in fear of having more work to satisfy some peoples needs, certainly not mine. I came up with an idea, and posted it, I didn't need, or have to be shot down by you.

I did not say anything about the amount of work this would take, ideas get edited until they turn out to be fit enough to be put into the mod.

Reduce ALL ship sizes to fit scaling. - chovynz - 08-26-2009

"lol"
Nice ones kindred.

At OP: Not to mention you'd have to reduce the size of the turrets, guns, torps, missiles, thrusters, effects, engine couplings, tradelanes, hitboxes, effects, etc...

Yeah... upscaling the planets is the easiest way to do what your thinking.

Reduce ALL ship sizes to fit scaling. - Cellulanus - 08-26-2009

Changing the scale at all would be pointless.

You'd also have to rescale stations, or at least their windows because stations are properly scaled, in addition to very nearly every single bloody thing in the game.

Reduce ALL ship sizes to fit scaling. - SilentAssassin82 - 08-26-2009

I'll tell you the reason why this can't and will never work. You wont have to scale down just the hundreds of ships that are included in the mod. But you would have to rescale all the guns aswell as the effects to go with it. And with the effects there is no easy way to do it.

It was the first idea that came along that was different than all the others, but it won't work, too bad I guess.

Reduce ALL ship sizes to fit scaling. - kindred - 08-26-2009

[Image: reality-demotivational-poster-12119.jpg]

Took a while to get here, it's a long and curved road. How is my spelling doing?

Reduce ALL ship sizes to fit scaling. - lab205 - 08-26-2009

If only it were as easy as Ctrl-A, right click, scale all.

My verdict it that this is unfeasible. So I have a better unfeasible mod idea for a mod update, lets rebuild the mod from scratch and make everything have a moving orbit.

Reduce ALL ship sizes to fit scaling. - atlantis2112 - 08-26-2009

Nice flame war, guys.

Quote: My verdict it that this is unfeasible. So I have a better unfeasible mod idea for a mod update, lets rebuild the mod from scratch and make everything have a moving orbit.

That sounds more difficult to me then making bigger planets.

Quote: All I was doing was making a suggestion, you're nagging on about is the "long amounts of time it would take to go anywhere", a sizeable fix of having a faster speed of engines would fix that.

Space battles would be weird.. 400 mps drift fighting? Then all the guns would have to increase..

Lets all go back to the cheery topic of complaining about how much capships get owned by Bombers! I love the 5 threads every 3 days.

' Wrote:Nice flame war, guys.
That sounds more difficult to me then making bigger planets.
Space battles would be weird.. 400 mps drift fighting? Then all the guns would have to increase..

Lets all go back to the cheery topic of complaining about how much capships get owned by Bombers! I love the 5 threads every 3 days.
Engines speeds would be for cruise only.

fights with 400 mps would be stupid as hell.

Reduce ALL ship sizes to fit scaling. - Elsdragon - 08-26-2009

Ekill.

Just do that, and you Drift at 400 M/sec.