Discovery Gaming Community
Liberty rogues, Artifacts, Cardi and Outcasts and Corsairs. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Liberty rogues, Artifacts, Cardi and Outcasts and Corsairs. (/showthread.php?tid=25780)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Liberty rogues, Artifacts, Cardi and Outcasts and Corsairs. - schlurbi - 09-01-2009

I would like to be able to smuggle with Artifacts. It's known that we get those from Leiden aswell.
Rogues ARE neutral to Corsairs. We only shoot at you because you come into our turf.

Outcasts are on our turf, we dont want a war between you on our turf.

I could just go into Gamma, but probably be shot at:
"Olol Rogue here? Dai!"

Rogues shouldnt have a fixed Chart. Everyone is Unique. Like Mort kinda wants to rob and hurt people my Danny wants to get rid of the Libertonian Government. And kill ALG..

Liberty rogues, Artifacts, Cardi and Outcasts and Corsairs. - Guest - 09-01-2009

' Wrote:I would like to be able to smuggle with Artifacts. It's known that we get those from Leiden aswell.
Rogues ARE neutral to Corsairs. We only shoot at you because you come into our turf.

Outcasts are on our turf, we dont want a war between you on our turf.

I could just go into Gamma, but probably be shot at:
"Olol Rogue here? Dai!"

Rogues shouldnt have a fixed Chart. Everyone is Unique. Like Mort kinda wants to rob and hurt people my Danny wants to get rid of the Libertonian Government. And kill ALG..

Mort just wants to be loved, foo! Stop mistreating the man!

Liberty rogues, Artifacts, Cardi and Outcasts and Corsairs. - Blodo - 09-01-2009

Here is my take on it: Yes, they should deal in artifacts as well as cardamine. Yes, the NPC faction should be neutral to Corsairs and Outcasts. No, Rogue diplomacy would never be uniform across the entire faction.

The way I see it, there are many gangs within the Rogues. Some would probably be more concerned smuggling in artifacts, while others would sit on the cardi trade in Texas/California. They aren't an organised, unified body, and to just declare that every rogue out there is a cardamine addict and allied to the outcasts is about as sensible as saying that "Bundschuh are pirates because they are unlawful". It just doesn't work that way... the Rogues are way too big and fragmented for it to work that way.

Liberty rogues, Artifacts, Cardi and Outcasts and Corsairs. - Cyberanson - 09-01-2009

When looking at the Rogues as a bunch of bullies, murderers, thiefs and other neverdowells, I would like to see them smuggle both. Why? Because they should be interested in their own profit and shouldn't care of the source of this profit.

When it comes to the neutrality between 'Sairs and Outcasts... definetly yes. Be neutral, it's not your war. You care for Liberty and not remote systems.

The last point... well, depends. Maybe weekly changing diplomatics or loose tights.:P

Liberty rogues, Artifacts, Cardi and Outcasts and Corsairs. - obnoxious1 - 09-01-2009

What would make anyone think that the Outcast would be ok with a supposed ally helping & supporting their most hated enemy? Allowing LR to transport artifacts would be a direct violation of the treaty between OC & LR. Outcast would not stand for it and it would surely ensue action taken by the OC & would make the LR hostile to them, as well as a possibility LR becoming hostile with LH.

Liberty rogues, Artifacts, Cardi and Outcasts and Corsairs. - DarthCloakedGuy - 09-01-2009

I don't see why we can't continue to be friendly with Outcasts and neutral with Corsairs. Besides, who cares what else we smuggle as long as we smuggle the stuff they like us to smuggle?

And if smuggling Artifacts would make the Outcasts hate them... the Junkers are in serious trouble.

Also, I don't really see that the Rogues and Hackers would ever be non-allied. They need each other in Liberty: Hackers supply the information, and Rogues supply the muscle. The two groups would be substantially weaker without each other, and they BOTH know it.

Liberty rogues, Artifacts, Cardi and Outcasts and Corsairs. - Eppy - 09-01-2009

Stick to the Status Quo.

*runs*

Liberty rogues, Artifacts, Cardi and Outcasts and Corsairs. - obnoxious1 - 09-01-2009

' Wrote:I don't see why we can't continue to be friendly with Outcasts and neutral with Corsairs. Besides, who cares what else we smuggle as long as we smuggle the stuff they like us to smuggle?

And if smuggling Artifacts would make the Outcasts hate them... the Junkers are in serious trouble.

Also, I don't really see that the Rogues and Hackers would ever be non-allied. They need each other in Liberty: Hackers supply the information, and Rogues supply the muscle. The two groups would be substantially weaker without each other, and they BOTH know it.
Thats the thing.. OC don't have a confirmed alliance with the Junkers, they are a neutral/friendly entity that basically caters to any thing that makes them a profit. LR on the other hand has a signed treaty & confirmed alliances with OC. Transporting Artifacts would more than likely end that treaty.

& Eppy should be banned for posting ANYTHING to do with High School Musical.. It's just wrong!

Liberty rogues, Artifacts, Cardi and Outcasts and Corsairs. - Blodo - 09-02-2009

Remember that the Outcasts sort of need the LR as dealers anyway... Suddenly going hostile would make spreading cardamine in Liberty that much harder. Besides, they seemed to have been perfectly fine with it in vanilla. Perhaps because the Rogues aren't a unified organisation? >_>

Liberty rogues, Artifacts, Cardi and Outcasts and Corsairs. - BaconSoda - 09-02-2009

The Rogues bought Artifacts from the Lane Hackers in vanilla, the supplying group getting them from the Hogosha. Ergo, no Corsair ally contact on the Rogue side of the fence. No need to go hostile or neutral to anyone.