Discovery Gaming Community
Question to gunboat pilots - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Question to gunboat pilots (/showthread.php?tid=25862)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Question to gunboat pilots - globalplayer-svk - 09-02-2009

for me, inbomber is more easy to dodge missile as razor

Question to gunboat pilots - tansytansey - 09-03-2009

I vote no missiles. Last time I fought an Order GB with 1 missile, I killed it solo with my Orchid Bomber because it relied too heavily on it's missiles. I didn't even use any CMs to kill it.
If you have any rear firing turrets it can't hurt to put a missile on it, but don't rely on it to kill your opponents. Chain firing Basics seems to be a good way to kill bombers, it's the only tactic I've had used against me that has done more than scratch my shield in a group fight.

Question to gunboat pilots - reavengitair - 09-03-2009

Depends which gunboat, however, usually one.

Question to gunboat pilots - Robert.Fitzgerald - 09-03-2009

One missile maximum, any more = waste of slots.

Question to gunboat pilots - Ayem - 09-03-2009

I agree with Robert Fitzgerald, one missile maximum. Two missiles are only good for npc popping, and I found they often bugged, switching recharge timers with one another.

Missiles are very useful when you fight bombers, because they allow you to dodge and still put out a reasonable amount of dps. Perhaps for some people using missiles is for nubbins, but I never claim to be an ace pilot.

Question to gunboat pilots - Mordrom - 09-03-2009

I'll toss my ring into the hat here. It really depends on the GB. Some are more suited than others. I gave up my missiles and run straight guns on my IMG Gunboat. I find missiles on that ship to be pretty useless. They've honestly been nerf'd to the point of why bother? For the Order GB, gotta say 2 is prolly over kill on the missiles.

Take care

Mordrom

Question to gunboat pilots - Thurgret - 09-03-2009

I guess it depends on the sort of gunboat. Missiles really aren't all that useful most of the time.

My Kusari Explorer carries two, though. Reason being that the slots they're in can usually only fire backwards, but however it works out, the missiles can go straight forwards too. And it has a power plant capable of firing three at once, so there's still plenty of energy left for the other turrets. Oh, and the turning on the thing is horrible.

Question to gunboat pilots - strongtoni - 09-04-2009

Can anyone help me?

What turrets are the best for my Salvager? should i use missiles?razors?

I have i rear turret

Question to gunboat pilots - Tenacity - 09-04-2009

' Wrote:Can anyone help me?
What turrets are the best for my Salvager? should i use missiles?razors?

I have i rear turret

My salvager uses one missile (on the center forward slot) and 5 zoner gb turrets.

I used to use 6 zoner gb turrets, and did very well in pvp against xenos, brigands, etc. with that setup... I havent really had a chance to test out my missile setup yet.

Question to gunboat pilots - looqas - 09-04-2009

I consider GB missile to wear and tear weps used for bringing down a dogged fighter/bomber. If I need to make a maximum mark and damage I go for the guns.