Discovery Gaming Community
~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: ~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ (/showthread.php?tid=2591)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ - Scutter - 07-25-2007

Scutter walked into the Cafe looking tidier than usual in a smart, multicoloured, form fitting outfit, carrying a large case.

"Hiya Siggy. Oi Sophie! Where kin I put this?"

* What is that Scutter? *

"This? er... experimental shipsuit thingys. This investment deal came up, right, an' we get to test this lot out."

* Oh? And you want to leave them here? *

"er... If yer don't mind...They cost loads ter make. 'ope this investment 'olds up better 'an the last..."

* What's so special about these shipsuits anyway? *

"They do bleedin' wicked stuff! Yer know how normal like shipsuits just protect yer against the air gettin' let out of yer ship? These do loads more!"

* Like? *

"Well, they got like this Niobium stuff from me minin' an' they do stuff like change colour on demand...found out about this investment from sellin' me minin' produce. 'ere's some info." Scutter placed a datapad on the bench.

* Lets see then. Fibrous nanobot mesh cloth embedded in specially formulated self-sealing elastic polymer compound, enables protection, air recycling and thermal adjustment. Resizing system automatically adjusts to the body shape of the wearer and is programmable to change style or colour when worn in pressurised environs.
One size fits most. Transparency can be adjusted in the event of the wearer being injured while in a depressurised environment, in order to monitor wound condition.
Inbuilt powerpack allows forcefield system to protect the wearer from radiation, plasma and most types of handheld weapon for a limited duration. Projectile protection up to class 3.
Wrist mounted interface for systems display and programming. Short range communication system included.
Full body and head protection automatically activates on detection of low pressure environment. Optional backpack can be added for extended operation.
Warning: Serious suit damage can result in failure of self-sealing system.
* Well, that is impressive. I'm sure everyone will be happy to try them out. *

"These're just fer the locals mind."

* Right. Put them around here out of the way. *

"Thanks Sophie."

~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ - Ant - 07-28-2007

* What would you like Alan? *

"Guess I'll have a coffee while I'm waiting Sophie."

* No problem. By the way, Scutter left some experimental shipsuits here if you want to try one. *

"From his new investment? Guess I might as well give it a go. Have one sent over to the hangar will you?"

* Sure thing. I'll upload the specifications to you if you like? *

Alan nods, then walks to a corner table near the windows. Sipping his coffee he looks up to see Spike and Kate arrive.

"Have a seat."

Spike pulls out a chair for Kate, earning himself a dazzling smile from his beautiful wife.

"So, what's the news from those rather unusual robots on Planet Gammu?"

Spike and Kate lock gazes for a moment, before Spike indicates Kate should do the talking.
Kate shrugged and smiled, looking at her datapad before speaking. "We met Mersenne again on Planet Gammu, who provided us with updated intel on Nomad remnant movements.
"Our assistance in the region is welcomed, especially with the Sirius Federation inactive there recently and The Order seemingly distracted by events in Liberty. The successful meetings here on Gran Canaria mean they're more than willing to provide crews for our ships, especially those operating in the region near Planet Gammu.
"Their only interest in war is to defend themselves... they have a very peaceful approach to most situations. The Nomads have caused them considerable troubles and there's signs of planetary bombardment everywhere you look. There may be other "clans" of robots on the planet who have a different approach to that of Mersenne's group. We weren't able to travel around much while planetside due to high levels of radiation."

Alan interrupted. "Radiation eh? Perhaps you should try Scutter's new experimental outfits next time. They're in the back of the cafe somewhere...anyway, go on."

"It seems the Nomads are able to prevent the building of orbital shipyards, so our assistance with a capital ship is welcomed there.
"They have a number of different bodies available to them, developed through trial and error in defense of their homeworld."

"The standard humanoid exoskeleton is what you'd normally see them using but they also have significant developments in weaponry designed for ground and spatial defense.
"The light battle chassis is small enough to be used in confined spaces such as would be considered normal for space marines. They are equipped with shoulder mounted lasers and arm mounted projectile systems similar to old style autocannons. They can also use standard handheld gunnery with their humanoid hands."

Spike grinned and interjected, "Rather kick-arse if you ask me, especially the cannons with 20mm explosive shells, and it only gets better."

Flashing Spike another smile, Kate continued, "The heavy battle chassis was developed for space combat with a standard 6 hours worth of propulsion at 5 standard gravities. It is larger than the light chassis but can also fit into confined spaces due to it's four legged approach. Weaponry is heavier than the light battle chassis with a couple of retractable shoulder mounted pod systems capable of carrying a variety of ordinance, along with the cannons and retractable claws in the forelegs. They use this chassis mostly for defensive boarding operations in order to disable capital ships."

Spike spoke again. "Definately wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that."

Alan nods in agreement as Kate resumes speaking. "They have heavier vehicles and and a variety of smaller ships which you might have seen on Gran Canaria previously. Probably not much need for them in standard operations but they're willing to do some trading and get a few transported where we might need them available.
"Don't expect them to support anything overtly hostile though. They don't really seem to like the idea of war, even if they are pretty good at it..."

Alan nods again. "Seems like we have a lot we can help each other with then. Thanks for the update. How's Memnon getting on?"

Spike grinned. "Memnon seems to be getting used to being more than just a navigational computer. Seems to like flying the ship though, which suits us fine..."

Kate laughed. "Enough about what we get up to in private Spike..." She turned back to Alan. "Although we have decided it's best not to have children until there's less risk from radiation... not that that's going to stop us from practicing..." She breaks into peals of musical laughter at Spike's shocked look.

"Kate!"

Alan laughs. "I'd better be going now anyway."

-----

Spike and Kate emerge from the back of the Cafe, examining the wrist controls of their new experimental shipsuits.

"I think the red looks amazing on you Kate."

"Are you sure you don't like the green better?"

"You look fantastic in both colours, really. You can change it at the touch of a button anyway." Spike sits down at their corner table.

Kate sits next to him, still examining the suit controls. "They feel a bit strange don't they? Almost like satin the way they move over the skin, almost like they're alive."

"Feels a bit creepy really. I hope they're safe to use... especially around Nomads. Wonder how much testing..."

"Oh! This looks like the kind of feature we need." Kate grins and moves onto Spike's lap, grabbing his wrist and playing with the controls to his suit. "There's a function that allows two interfaced suits to work together... there."
The suits merged together where they touched, allowing skin contact. Spike's hand sank through her outfit where it rested on her leg. "Oh wow! Um... that's probably not a good idea in public honey."

Kate's face flushes a little. "I think you might be right."

Spike looked around the half full Cafe. Fortunately no-one seemed to have noticed their situation. "Do you think you could undo what you just did?" Brushing his fingers lightly across the toned muscles of her thigh, Spike watches how both suits shift and change to allow the movement.

"Oh my." Kate blushes bright red as she fiddles with the controls, finally restoring their suits to normality. "That was a bit of a surprise." She smiles at him sheepishly. "Perhaps we should try the other settings in private."

Spike gulps, "That's probably a good idea. Come on, let's go."

Kate laughs as Spike leads her towards the door.

~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ - Malaclypse 666 - 10-09-2007

*Puddles! We're not about to serve these French Dips on bloody paper plates! Could you hurry it up with those dishes!*

Commodore Puddles sauntered out of the back of Sophie's, a rather bedraggled and damp apron dragging on the floor. "Oh, bother, Sophie! You're back? I thought this conference would go on for a week!"

*Yeah, and it looks like you're a week behind, my illustrious ELF pearl diver! Days of past glory won't save you here, bud. I need platters, and I need 'em yesterday! Chop Chop!*

Puddles grumbled as he turned and went back through the swinging doors to the kitchen/scullery. Soon, exaggerated sounds of splashing and dishes clanking together filled the Cafe. Several patrons cast amused stares towards the commotion, and returned to their meals.

Sophie turned again to her optical interface, and began inputting data for the order of foodstuffs she was transmitting to "Whole Universe Foods".

Business was picking up again. No mountains pulverized. No kidnappings. Only the occassionaly pirate or Coalition ship passing through. Sophie wondered if she should start planning for a second Cafe on Shasta Outpost...

~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ - LancerZero - 12-21-2007

A head with wide eyes on the front, a fedora atop, and a purring black cat next to it peeked through the door into the Canaria Cafe. "'Ello? Anybody home? S'home, right? Go on, Kali, make yerself at home." Obstinately, the cat refused to budge. Instead, she idly batted Linus' ear, then went back to sleep. "Heh. Fair 'nuff."

He strode into the cafe slowly, wondering if it was closed...and deciding that since the door was unlocked, it probably wasn't. "Do discordian cafes ever close?" he wondered aloud. "Where's a fella ta get a good, juicy, bunless 'dog an' homemade apple pie?"

~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ - Malaclypse 666 - 12-23-2007

A pearlescent, spinning globe floated into the Cafe, followed by a petite and somewhat perplexed young woman.

As Sylvia scanned the Cafe, she noticed first a black cat, affixed to the shoulder of a rugged-looking fellow in a long duster.

*Come on in, Jeanette. Don't be shy. Discordians don't bite, usually.* Sylvia then turned her audio output to maximum.

*Puddles!! Sophie sent me to check up on you, and it's a damn good thing!! You've got customers out here, bucko! Get your butt in gear!*

A young man in a stained and soggy apron came out of the kitchen, his mouth obviously full of what appeared to be apple pie. "Mmmph.. Sylv.. *choke* Uhh, hi there! I was just putting some beets in to vinegar.. uhh..."

*Yeah, right, Puddles. Well, no mind. This here is Jeanette. She's kinda new to Sirius, and she's a true blue Zoner, so give her the royal treatment, or I'll tan your hide!*

Sylvia floated over towards the man/cat combination. *And, from all the descriptions I've heard, you must be Linus Koios, sir. I apologize if you've had to wait for service. Good help is hard to get these days. I'm Fnordette/resurectee Sylvia deLuna, late of the Uli Rouge, before I got compacted. Your Oro.de.Veranda coffee and dessert are on the house, for having to wait.*

The newcomer Jeanette smiled shyly at Linus, and slid into the window booth across from him. "I can sit here, yes?"

Linus sputtered and gulped, and finally managed "Why, of course, uh, Jeanette. I'd be delighted to have company!"

Commodore Puddles scrambled about behind the small lunch counter, and retrieved two rather soiled menus. "Uhh.. welcome to the Canaria Cafe, folk. What can I get ya?"

Sylvia emulated the primate "sigh", and made an internal log entry. *Sophie, we better find some more staff here, and get this bloody Puddles back into a ship, or business is gonna go to Thud in a handbasket!*

~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ - Chucc - 01-20-2008

Cid walked in and looked aroun. Seeing the floating globe he wandered over for a looksee. The lady Eris was always making unusual things happen to people. This had to take the cake he thought.
'Yet another resurrectee? There were getting to be a lot of us around these days' He mused to himself.

"Sophie! Can I get a hotdog?" He looked around. "Puddles, where's Sophie?. Who's watchin the Cafe'?"

Puddles finished listening to the people in front of him. Then when they finished he moved to Cid.

"Sophies away, what can I get ya?" Flippin a page in his notepad.

"Yeah, I just need a couple hotdogs, sans buns of course. A root beer float. Lots of whipped cream too. Been cuttin the drinkin down so I need the sugar. Made almost an extra million on the last run, just from not bouncin off stuff so much. Mal would be proud." Cid sat back a sec, then popped forward again. "Actually I need a pint too. You got one back there somewhere. Just for good measure."

Having overheard only a little of the conversation Cid was curious.

"So's, excuse me.. I couldn't help but hear you are a resurrectee. I know this is not...well...common, but. I too was resurrected by Eris. She's a damned miracle worker there. So who are you anyway? Or who did ya used to be?" Cid poked his head over and asked.

Jeanette repeated her tale.

Cid sat in wonder listening as she recreated things for him, his vivid imagination clearly seeing her words. Their food came and was devoured listening to her tale. When they were done Cid paid for everything, and ordered a bucket of Flax be delivered for Jeanette.

"Welcome aboard Jeanette. We are a merry lot, and a rowdy and raudy bunch at times. But know you fly with the best there is. We gots 'em all. Great Ladies, drunken sots, and the first Canine to fly. You get a better group than that, well you might be drunk and at the Veranda, happens. Trust me. Well, I'm off again. Gotta go hide the load od Deutrium I got till the embargo is lifted. Thanks for dinner Puddles." Cid was off with a wave.

~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ - Malaclypse 666 - 08-16-2008

Help Wanted!

Manager needed. The last two were worthless.

Sigismundo went back through the rift, and Puddles couldn't stay in one place... typical zoner.

I've got a new Station to run, Pueblo Bonito. Y'all come by!
I'll have pie and Canaria shaking mountain coffee there as well.

Apply here.

Sophie's Canaria Cafe
Sophie Noir, Prop.

~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ - Fowler - 11-09-2008

Long Distance Comm***********
~~~~~~~~~~
```~~#~!~!!##%!^$^ET
Callsign: LD|inc.Fowler

Im laying down an application. Just got my ship and am journeying Canaria way to get my official officious zoner id card, bloody fascist thing to have to get, damn ids.

Ive matured a bit and will be around much more often, as opposed to passed out in my cockpit as most have known me want to do after blowing my trade profits.

I can keep the bar in line, and have more than enough to spout and talk about to customers of assorted stripes.

Hopefully i can get the job.

Fowler out

~!!#%@%&Y$4463u5$^@$^@$************

~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ - Malaclypse 666 - 11-09-2008

Message to: Fowler
Comm ID: Sophie Noir

Sir, you are Goddess-sent. You come highly recommended by my fellow Fnordette Shamus.

When can you start?

The keys are down the shipyard quay at the Li Kee Shipyards.

Smoochies!

Sophie

(//Oh, and did I forget to request that Sophie's be moved to "Watering Holes"? Where is my brain! M.))

~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ - Doc Holliday - 11-11-2008

After a long trip from Freeport 11, the I.K.S. Vor'tcha and it's crew finally landed planetside on Gran Canaria. The gunboat, although intacts, was in need of repairs after a battle with 3 Nomad gunboats as they left Freeport 11. The Klingon crew was tired, thirsty and above all, cranky.

Commander Matok was a proud warrior and strolled into the cafe to finally sit down and have a celebretory Blood Wine after both a military victory and a successful trade run. He was joined by his first officer, Lt. Gadaan. They sat at a table in the corner to keep to themselves as they spoke amongst themselves. They spoke of their recent joining of [TAZ] alongside their human laison, Doc Holliday. They also spoke of the similarities of their own Klingon Gods and Eris as both enjoyed chaos. They also spoke of their new delicacy, Nomads. Gadaan enjoyed it more than a dish of gaqh.

As they conversed and drank, they paid close attention to their surroundings, keeping alert for any of their own clanspeople to arrive.