Discovery Gaming Community
Libertonian Servicemember's Bar & Grill - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: Libertonian Servicemember's Bar & Grill (/showthread.php?tid=26796)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Libertonian Servicemember's Bar & Grill - Boss - 09-22-2009

Darryl Mason found a seat near the door, left his gear, and headed for the machine. e allowed himself a tight smile. Today had been good.

"Scotch on the rocks, please." Mason glanced around, taking in the diverse crowd. Fairly full place today. The machine chimed. "Ah, thank you." Merely a courtesy he couldn't rid himself of, even for a machine. It only burbled and went on to making the next drink. He set his drink down and pulled out his 'pad to reschedule several meetings away from 'Happy Hour'.

Libertonian Servicemember's Bar & Grill - Sarawr!? - 09-22-2009

Alina took note of the new customer and got up from the table that she had been frequenting to speak with the General, this time she walked toward the newcomer, stopping short and giving a curt wave hello, once she was sure he saw her.

"Hum, hello there! don't think I've seen you in here before!" Alina laughed happily.

Darryl took a drink and set down his glass and 'pad. "No, don't think you have. I'm Darryl Mason, captain of the Reliant. Recently got some shore time while we refit the weapons systems and try to get some heavier armor plating on the old girl." He stuck out his hand to shake.

Alina took a step forward and put her hand in his, grasping it firmly, but not hard, she shook it and smiled to him.

"Commander Alina Morrison, CO of the Destiny II, it's a pleasure to meet you, Mister Mason, Enjoying the bar? I sure hope so..I'd hate to think the loan I gave the owners to renovate this place with went to waste!"

Alina laughed playfully.

"It's nice to meet you too, Missus Morrison." He took another cursory look around. "I do sort of like the place. They got a good decorator, that's for sure. Tasteful. And this." he swirled his drink, making the ice clink on the sides, "is excellent. How long has this been running?"

Alina shrugged her shoulders slightly.

"Only a few days now, of course they've been renovating the place for months, Mister Berkeley decided it was high time we give our Soldiers, Sailors and Marines a dedicated place to let loose and have a good time on leave, hence why I bothered donating a small amount to funding the renovation"

Alina nodded.

"But yeah, they do have some great drinks here, yeah? better than Liberty Ale, that's for sure...well, if you ask me, Oh! I hear the steaks are great too, though I haven't tried one yet."

Alina laughed again and pulled up a chair across from Darryl.

Darryl smiled. "Steaks, hmm? I suppose that will be for two then? It's been a while since I've had a decent bite to eat. Ship food." He grimaced at the memory. "You know how it is. If there's smoke, there's fire, if it's burning, it's done."

He finished his glass and poked his chin at the bar. "Anything I can get for you?"

Alina smiled sheepishly and let out a soft laugh.

"Oh, no no..that's fine, really!"

Alina gazed around the bar a bit before settling back in her seat again and letting out a soft sigh.

Libertonian Servicemember's Bar & Grill - agentmike - 09-22-2009

The door to the bar & grill opens and a handsome man in a dusty Liberty field jacket storms in and plops down on a stool at the bar.
He looks around slowly, and see's a few people he doesnt know, personally, enjoying a conversation with themselves...

"Wow.....its been a long day...."

"Give me glass of your finest bourbon, straight up" He says to the bartender.

The bartender quickly pours the drink, and slides it over to the man.

He then see's the jukebox sitting in the center of the room, and stumbles over to it and gazes at it for a few seconds.

"Wonder if i can find a song to sum up my day, this place needs a little music..."

He hits a few buttons on the Jukebox, and the fiddles through his pockets looking for something

"ahh.....here we go..."

He then places a few credits into the aged machine and This Song begins to play.

Then he slowly resumes his post at the bar as he guzzles down his first glass.

"Another one? if ya dont mind. thanks, sir." he says, as he waves to the bartender and bows his head quietly....

Libertonian Servicemember's Bar & Grill - Xing - 09-23-2009

Isabelle smiled quietly as she saw the young woman leave the table. She sipped from her drink, her gaze ever distant, distracted by some memories... she looked outside, peeking up.

Another quiet smile. She imagined it must of been same for her counterparts in the naval branch, the warmth to see their own flagship from a distance...
Actually, she was the only one who could claim such thing. No libertonian flagships could enter atmosphere but her's, the small and powerful Citadelle de Quebec. Her only naval command, but it was fair enough. She accumulated enough first in her career...

"A comrade of yours?" she asked, still staring in the sky at her vessel, noting the return of Alina distractingly.