Discovery Gaming Community
New Kishiro board of directors - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: New Kishiro board of directors (/showthread.php?tid=27600)

Pages: 1 2

New Kishiro board of directors - Exsiled_one - 10-05-2009

That's cool, even if things don't work out, I like the way you approached it all. My answer can even save a ship or two from being blown up, being as diplomatic as it is.
But thats what I kinda wanted, to see people either place valuable imput like Tenacity is (and i hope you change your opinion of us being Samura like when we pull some major things), or approach from dragons and GC like you guys did.

New Kishiro board of directors - Belco - 10-05-2009

edit: done a bit of a rethink of the history of kishiro, it'lll all be up in the faction proposal when it comes

New Kishiro board of directors - ProwlerPC - 10-05-2009

Plutonium is not a Kishiro product. Planet Miura belongs to GMG not Kishiro. You may argue that it's sold on a Kishiro base but that base is there to terraform Miura and is near completion. GMG in it's haste for controlling expenses began mining operations early with its new labour force. This is only reason why it's sold on Isehara right now. Note that the Isehara Terraformong Platform is a temporary instalation and when terroforming is complete and Miura fully dockable, Isehara purpose will be complete. Plutonium is GMG's throughout no matter the length of time it takes to complete the terraforming project. The contract of exclusive distribution rights for GMG's H-fuel is for H-fuel alone. Something GMG| will honour, but due to current situation involving official status and probation period or whatever conveniant little setup was made, we find it best to probably RP that the current contract is reaching it's expiry date and GMG| (still being discussed) will publicly announce the tender with a display of the details of the distribution rights as fitting to RP. You know, the contract that Samura and Kishiro compete so fiercely for. Of course Kishiro is our allies and it would be something pretty darn extreme to actually change contract holders, but this'll give both sides to RP the ceromony of signing the GMG\Kishiro H-fuel contract as they no doubt do in RP.

Yes, as Dab explained to us, we apologize for this thing actually. Thanks to Dusty for putting us trough this trial. Seems this plutonium thing steered some bad mojo, and I'ld continue with the monopoly if it was actually Kishiro's.

But it's not, as lore says, and I'll change our concept ofcourse, hoping for further cooperation with our allies.
Tho Prowler, i gotta ask, did you reject answering to the communications channel part of forum / flood part of forum and a pm to you guys or you just don't know what to answer to us until we're official?

Also, how official is actual Samura group? I have no problem competing with other factions for the exclusive, if i'm competing with active group of players.

New Kishiro board of directors - ProwlerPC - 10-05-2009

No we will answer, we are discussing the possibilities of turning this into a sort of forum RP event. The reason is this, in Kusari space signing of the GMG contract is big thing that causes Kishiro and Samura to compete hard for (in RP). The contract always was signed with an expiration but was always resigned again. The contract itself is rather simple as it's exclusive but the signing of it itself is something that's been done for hundreds of years, knowing Kusari's culture we are pretty sure it would be less of an administrative red tape thing and more of a ceremony.

Edit add: as for commodities you have strangle on, take a look at the Kishiro Hydrocarbons in the Taus, it's a big part of making the Polymers which is used to make Optical Chips which is Kishiro monopolized.

Yeah, hopefully. I mean, look, it all probably looks pretty darn awful when we come in forums gunz (ideas) blazing, but we did run few background checks into everything.
Since it is a month of trial, some junk like this could pop out again (thanks mcneo or was it Dab actually who pointed out engine components are sold at other bases than Kishiro in Kusari) although FL stat did say othervise at first.
Just make sure you smack us on the head and don't take it to heart. Not yet.

As for the contract, I'm sure we can work out a good rp and gameplay contract. I would like to actually see some ally interaction with GMG and Kishiro.

New Kishiro board of directors - DeathsOverture - 10-05-2009

' Wrote:But it's not, as lore says, and I'll change our concept ofcourse, hoping for further cooperation with our allies.
Tho Prowler, i gotta ask, did you reject answering to the communications channel part of forum / flood part of forum and a pm to you guys or you just don't know what to answer to us until we're official?

I didn't even see your post in the flood until after you PM'd Prowler. Topic was named "Out of sheer laziness," and had no replies so it's likely that none of the Guild Masters saw it.

As for your communications with us: Our CEO is working on a response, and you'll have to be patient. We all only have so much time to discuss things, and a majority must be present to approve actions. Our faction is lead by seven people: a board of five Guild Masters, a CEO, and a Commander.

I have a question. What's all this about foreign invasion? What's all this about policing the foreign traders? What's wrong with foreign commerce? Where do you think Kishiro's raw materials are coming from? Kishiro mines Hydrocarbons from Tau-29 ... .... ... what about the rest?

Kishiro should be welcoming Interspace especially, for insuring the GMG projects in Okinawa. When GMG does well, Kishiro does well, considering they build our ships, miners, and presumably stations (since our stations are Gas Miners). Kishiro should also welcome Deep Space Engineering for building the gates and lanes to Okinawa, (though there should be tension, as Kusari is still trying to create their own Jumpgates/Tradelanes) allowing Kishiro to access Okinawa and export HFuel & Plutonium.

Also, (not speaking for the whole board) I have no interest in "enforcing" the "exclusive" contract by means of hostility to non-Kishiro hauling goods from GMG bases. Okinawa needs the commerce, and we won't send the DSE/Synth/IC/whomever transports home empty handed, because I wouldn't expect to see them again.

In terms of keeping Samura out, we have special arrangements...

edit: ninja'd

As the foreign traders, sorry but i never said anything about pushing groups of traders aside, I'm talking about independent traders that by Kishiro's views tend to bring more problems than profit.

It is Kishiro's belief that more organized convoy of transports will benefit 5 times more to the entire economy than 2 times more of independent traders, tending to disrespect the laws rules and traditions of one house.
Foreign invasion i have no idea whats that about

as for enforcing the commodities (so we're down to commodity, the Hfuel) - why wouldn't you?
If you sign a contract with Kishiro (as lore says) wouldn't you be breaching that contract by selling it to lets say.. Samura or Ageira?

Interspace has its paws there too, I'm not talking about them, I'm not talking about any faction actually, mostly about independent traders. As for the Deep Space Engineering, they should really stand up here and talk for themselves, since they have been silent.

If i can manage to grab an right for Kishiro and allies to exclusively ship gate / lane parts to their bases, why wouldn't i jump to it?