Discovery Gaming Community
Quick question - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Quick question (/showthread.php?tid=27724)

Pages: 1 2 3

Quick question - Boss - 10-08-2009

I fixed the whiles. They're now a pair of ifs.

I don't have a working compiler here though, so I can't do anything about it until tomorrow.

I do like your srand rand thing, Kaz. The only problem is that that won't help with the array corruption (which I have not the foggiest idea where it's coming from)

I'm going to rewrite the output so it just adds the header, then lays out the codes one character at a time, and at a count 8, place a hyphen, reset count, increment loop variable. Loop hits three, it places a newline. Loop hits six, it breaks and lays the footer and terminates.

Quick question - Kazinsal - 10-08-2009

You know, I think I may have something.

You're modulusing by 16. You don't handle for '1','6' so it comes out as a zero byte. Change the % 16 to % 15.

Probably not it, but once you've solved two GPFs and a page fault followed by an invalid opcode exception because of a variable++ instead of a ++variable, you learn to look at everything funny.

Quick question - 11of10 - 10-08-2009

Wait, doesn't Freelancer generate keys based on hardware and randomising? I think I've read it somewhere, to ensure that everyone has a different key.

Quick question - Belco - 10-08-2009

' Wrote:Wait, doesn't Freelancer generate keys based on hardware and randomising? I think I've read it somewhere, to ensure that everyone has a different key.

Freelancer generates account keys based on the current user, i've read if you delete your account key in the registry and generate a new one it will be exactly the same (havent tried it before though)

BUT when you throw an account key into FLAM it can be any string of characters (matching syntax ofc)
account keys arent tracked anywhere other then locally, so yeah, you could just put some random data in and have a new account.

that's just an educated guess, i dont really know anything about it.

mmmmm, gona try make up some numbers and see what ships i win:P

Quick question - MB52 - 10-08-2009

Good call on the name;)

Quick question - Boss - 10-09-2009

Yuri mentioned GUIDs. Lovely...

This just got complicated.

Quick question - Turkish - 10-09-2009

' Wrote:Yuri mentioned GUIDs. Lovely...

This just got complicated.

Lovely.

I'm particularly fond of GUIDs though, you're gonna have some fun though.:P

Quick question - Cannon - 10-09-2009

Um...
I've already written one (months ago)
The first number is a random one.
The second is a MD5 hash of the first.
I guess I could upload the code somewhere.

Quick question - Boss - 10-09-2009

' Wrote:Um...
I've already written one (months ago)
The first number is a random one.
The second is a MD5 hash of the first.
I guess I could upload the code somewhere.

I now officially D:

But okay, that makes sense.

Quick question - tansytansey - 10-09-2009

Okay, I don't really know anything about programming or anything, but... Freelancer generates these numbers.. right? Wouldn't it be simple to take a peek inside the game files, find where the code's written to generate these account IDs and replicate it? Why waste time trying to make your own code that may not work 100% when all the information you need is inside the game files on your hard drive already?