Discovery Gaming Community
Special RP request ships - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Special RP request ships (/showthread.php?tid=28201)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Special RP request ships - yurineova - 10-15-2009

It could be added as a engine too y'know v.v Or added as another shield hardpoint (get rid of all class 1 shields or just class 1 light fighter shields)

look at ************, They added IDs, Power Capacitors, Power Cells, Shield Capacitors, Shields something, Regular Shields, Engines, Powerplants, armor upgrades, and alot of other neat little goodies.

Special RP request ships - Sprolf - 10-15-2009

' Wrote:I have been pondering this. Not sure exactly the best way to achieve it. Can't necessarily do it by ID as many requests are to use a particular ID and IFF.

I think possibly a new piece of equipment or cargo. A special RP item...if you see it then the ship/id/iff/whatever is probably approved. Not sure if this is a good idea or not.

We ran into this problem with MB52's Order Liberty Battlecruiser yesterday, and I suggested something along these lines. I don't see a flaw in this idea, really.

Special RP request ships - Benjamin - 10-15-2009

scanner maybe, like the BS licence?

Special RP request ships - MB52 - 10-15-2009

' Wrote:Remove the hull upgrade, incorporate the hull multiplier (but not it's cost) into the ships (come on, almost nobody who isn't a complete newbie here flies without a Mk 8 upgrade anyways, it just artificially rises the price of ships) and use the slot for things like this. People'd need to grind less and those with an approved special RP request would get less "ONOZ OORP" idiocy, so it'd be a win-win.

You'd need one for all the possible cap armour upgrades. The T-bay flies with a cap 7, and possibly a cap8 in the future if I get bored and trade enough to pay for one.:P

Quote:We ran into this problem with MB52's Order Liberty Battlecruiser yesterday, and I suggested something along these lines. I don't see a flaw in this idea, really.

It wasn't too big of a deal, the thing is I tried to tell the poor fella that I had a special RP without going oorp to do so. Which.. might have confused him further...:mellow:

Special RP request ships - Sprolf - 10-15-2009

Well, yes, it wasn't a nasty situation.
But it immediately came to mind.

Special RP request ships - Guest - 10-16-2009

' Wrote:Equippable? Kinda like the armor?

So you don't lose it when you die?

Items can be made so they dont drop even if its just Cargo.
To be honest, I don't think this is necessary......

If someone goes "//wtf? Hacker Lib Assault Carrier?! OORP" or "//zomg.....AI ship with non AI guns...abuse!" or "//thats....interesting, an Outcast flying a Praefect.....lolwut?"

Ignore em, they obviously dont know what Special RP is anyways, or where to validate that the character Is indeed a special RP approved character.
If they want to sanction you, let them, Admins know how to validate that the character is not in violation of the terms of the special RP request that was approved, so its not like you'll be at any risk for doing what ya do.

Special RP request ships - VenomHX - 10-18-2009

Okay.. How about a Special ID that only admins can beam to your hold. It wouldn't be purchasable at any player accessible bases.

Special RP request ships - yurineova - 10-18-2009

' Wrote:Okay.. How about a Special ID that only admins can beam to your hold. It wouldn't be purchasable at any player accessible bases.
thats what we all proposed but where to mount it.

and it cant replace current ID, factions need ot keep them (IE, Council needs to keep its Council ID)

I stil lsay this; rop all the Class 1 Lgith Fighter Shields and make them for special things, such as AI Ship Permit, Special Ship Permit, Etc.

Special RP request ships - lw'nafh - 10-18-2009

' Wrote:thats what we all proposed but where to mount it.

and it cant replace current ID, factions need ot keep them (IE, Council needs to keep its Council ID)

I stil lsay this; rop all the Class 1 Lgith Fighter Shields and make them for special things, such as AI Ship Permit, Special Ship Permit, Etc.
So far the scanner is the most practical, simply make it the same as a Discovery scanner, but change the name and description.

Special RP request ships - Linkus - 10-18-2009

Battleship licence style I'd say.