Discovery Gaming Community
What do you do to keep trading fun? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: What do you do to keep trading fun? (/showthread.php?tid=29974)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

What do you do to keep trading fun? - DarthCloakedGuy - 11-21-2009

Windowed mode.
Skype.
Magic Workstation against a friend.

Maybe once in your life, you might actually find someone to convoy with, in which case you can chat (and of course, desert him when the pirates come after you:P)

Other than this though, trading and smuggling are yawnfests. Especially smuggling, because then not even the pirates come after you.

What do you do to keep trading fun? - farmerman - 11-21-2009

The best option is to have other people also trading with whom you can RP with.

Barring that, having two monitors and a laptop give plenty of alternate options.

What do you do to keep trading fun? - sean24 - 11-21-2009

Freelancer Windowed with a window of Skype, the forums, and Crysis Warhead open. Might find your computer a little on the slow side, but, at least your having fun! :laugh:

Quote:Maybe once in your life, you might actually find someone to convoy with, in which case you can chat (and of course, desert him when the pirates come after you tongue.gif)

Smuggling convoys are good. I remember this awesome one I had with some of the CCS.

What do you do to keep trading fun? - Plank001 - 11-21-2009

I watch TV while i do it... BAND OF BROTHERS FOR THE WINZ!

What do you do to keep trading fun? - sean24 - 11-21-2009

Quote:I watch TV while i do it... BAND OF BROTHERS FOR THE WINZ!

Were watching it in history atm. Its cool. Really realistic.

What do you do to keep trading fun? - Chico - 11-21-2009

"Other than this though, trading and smuggling are yawnfests. Especially smuggling, because then not even the pirates come after you".

Oh dear.....You've obviously never met a wing of Mollys/Hackers/Rogues/Xenos/Outcasts/Hessians with a hold full of artifacts then. They don't just come after you. The actively hunt you.
The BAF/BPA/BH/LN/LSF/LPI/RM don't particularly like it either but hey, thats only just about every non-trader faction operating south of Kusari.

Smuggling convoys are fun but you often have to pre-arrange them with your wingmen.

What do you do to keep trading fun? - Akura - 11-21-2009

1) Wait for suckers to bring ore to Kusari

2) Take ore

3) ???

4) Profit!

What do you do to keep trading fun? - Bear - 11-21-2009

' Wrote:1) Wait for suckers to bring ore to Kusari

2) Take ore

3) ???

4) Profit!

Or the trader point of view (aka mine).

1) see what system pirates in

2) Decide which lane(s) their most likely at

3) Avoid that lane or entire system by cruising above below or beside the plane

4) profit

May take a little longer but it's well worth it.

EDIT: Akura, were you trying to say that instead of mining/trading just pirate the ore from the people? I was just wondering because I was having trouble working out why you posted those instructions.

What do you do to keep trading fun? - AJBeast - 11-21-2009

Windowed mode and skype/youtube/whatever, change trade routes frequently to keep things fresh. Works for me , at least.

What do you do to keep trading fun? - Exsiled_one - 11-21-2009

Just join a faction and talk shizzle with your convoy mates. The route is over like.. 10 times faster.