Discovery Gaming Community
Bob can haz less NPCs Plez? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Bob can haz less NPCs Plez? (/showthread.php?tid=30331)

Pages: 1 2

Bob can haz less NPCs Plez? - DarthCloakedGuy - 11-29-2009

I think in very high-density areas, NPCs need to be toned down, both in numbers and power. I think NPC-wise, Liberty is perfect. If you don't want to fight NPCs, you don't have to.

Bob can haz less NPCs Plez? - masternerdguy - 11-29-2009

' Wrote:I think in very high-density areas, NPCs need to be toned down, both in numbers and power. I think NPC-wise, Liberty is perfect. If you don't want to fight NPCs, you don't have to.

taus are better. risk from NPCs but it doesnt overwhelm you.
Omicrons are ludicrous tho

Bob can haz less NPCs Plez? - DarthCloakedGuy - 11-29-2009

' Wrote:taus are better. risk from NPCs but it doesnt overwhelm you.
Omicrons are ludicrous tho
I presume you mean like Tau-23 and Tau-31. Tau-37 is just murder if you're hostile to Bounty Hunters and make the mistake of docking on the Freeport.

Bob can haz less NPCs Plez? - Reacher - 11-29-2009

Some places like Omicron Alpha should have the NPC count turned up. An Outcast can get swarned with half a dozen or more Hammerheads off a random spawn while jumping in from Tau-37; while some random moron hunter wandering into the system gets a couple Stilletos at best... now come to think of it what happen to the Outcast NPC cruiser spawns.

Bob can haz less NPCs Plez? - Ceoran - 11-29-2009

' Wrote:Well, the less peopel there are the more NPC's there are. So we need to kick the server back up to 195, then the'll be NO npc's whatsoever.

Those disrupting the lanes even are around with a full server, managed to get disrupted at 3 lanes in a row with 198 players online ._.

' Wrote:I presume you mean like Tau-23 and Tau-31. Tau-37 is just murder if you're hostile to Bounty Hunters and make the mistake of docking on the Freeport.

Tau-31? Well, the bretonian VHF patrols there can hurt already, I don't want to run into a hostile Kusari cruiser-patrol

Bob can haz less NPCs Plez? - Bobthemanofsteel - 11-29-2009

I don't want them gone, just as I said, toned down.

In places like Penn and NY, that have very high traffic, even with few people in the server.

I remember not long after I started I made a thread about the lack of NPCs in New Tokyo. Now I see two damn Battleships around Planet New Tokyo.

But in any case, high traffic area, needs to equal less NPCs in my opinion, no matter how many players are online.

PS: Congrats masternerdguy, I actually laughed at something you said.

Bob can haz less NPCs Plez? - Belco - 11-29-2009

i hate them when they're disrupting my lanes, and CD'ing me out of formation, but miss them when they're not around.
border worlds would be pretty boring/safe without them.

Bob can haz less NPCs Plez? - Captain - 11-29-2009

have you also noticed they never give you good engagement notices
or RP with you,

Bob can haz less NPCs Plez? - DarthCloakedGuy - 11-30-2009

NPCs. Dey does not arpee.

Bob can haz less NPCs Plez? - Bobthemanofsteel - 11-30-2009

And yeah, I guess that's another good point.

I had an NPC demand 4800 Silver ore one time.

I mean sure, he couldn't actually hold any where near that much, and sure, a could kick his ass blindfolded, but it's the completely ridiculous demand that counts, right?