Discovery Gaming Community
The |BAAF| - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The |BAAF| (/showthread.php?tid=30734)

Pages: 1 2 3

The |BAAF| - Capt. Henry Morgan - 12-08-2009

I'm glad to see that you're willing to work with us. You shouldn't expect too much trouble from us

On the transports, though, as a person who has a lot of experience with Bretonian transports, I can tell you that a Shire is an absolute beast. A Shire is easily capable of giving a gunboat a very bad day, which the BWT can't do. A group of shires can put out enough firepower to take down just about anything that they could come across. Trust me, you can't go wrong with putting Percherons or Shires on your list.

EDIT: And, as Drake said, the Clydesdale is actually a better freighter than the Dromedary.

The |BAAF| - Dieter Schprokets - 12-08-2009

' Wrote:I dont think the Mandalorians are allied with ANYONE. They are mercenaries, subject to changing contracts.

No mate we are allied.

Our contracts are consistent and long term.

We are allied to any BAF.

The |BAAF| - tansytansey - 12-08-2009

' Wrote:We're all Australian (which makes us pretty much a timezone faction at the moment)
Are you an Australian only faction?

The |BAAF| - reavengitair - 12-08-2009

Blood Dragons should be unfriendly, we're certainly going to shoot you if we see you.

The |BAAF| - .shed - 12-08-2009

I'll make the change for the Blood Dragons now. And no, we're not aiming to be an Australian only faction, we just all happen to be Australian. :D

The |BAAF| - sovereign - 12-08-2009

The presence of the Havoc Mk II makes me a little confused (given normal equipment protocol, anyway), but I'll let you explain that.

The Clydesdale, Percheron, and Shire are all absolute monsters. The Dromedary and BWT are more tradeships than combat vessels, while the Bretonian transports all have the armor to fight and the firepower to make enemies cry. Especially the Shire. Oh god, the Shire.

Aside from the minor tweaks to the shiplist, you've certainly done your homework. Question, though- while you might not be directly under the authority of a Commodore, would you be under the authority of, say, the Fleet Admiral? Your top rank is Vice-Admiral, which makes me think that at some point you do rejoin the main command structure (which would make sense, given your deployment and purpose). Where does this occur?

Aside from a few questions and tweaks, this looks very good. I'm interested in seeing how you'll work ingame. See you in space.

The |BAAF| - sean24 - 12-08-2009

Why not join the BAF?

And also, your map is somewhat missing a few systems. Might want to update it.

The |BAAF| - .shed - 12-08-2009

The Havoc Mk II, according to the wiki, was orginally designed for the Liberty and Bretonian Navys before it found its way onto the open market. We intend to fly the orginal 'Military Grade' version of the bomber. And we like the look of it, so it fits the bill.

Havoc Mk II Wiki link

Quote:Question, though- while you might not be directly under the authority of a Commodore, would you be under the authority of, say, the Fleet Admiral? Your top rank is Vice-Admiral, which makes me think that at some point you do rejoin the main command structure (which would make sense, given your deployment and purpose). Where does this occur?

Yes and no. While we may not exactally be numerous, I'm not sure LeMaitre would want the extra work load of managing an indepedant BAF group. But having said that, if the Fleet Admiral was to request our assistance we'd oblidged to pay attention. We're more than happy to work with the BAF.

The position of Vice Admiral in the Australian Navy is a little different and its what we semi modelled our Vice Admiral rank around.

To quote Wikipedia:
Quote:The Chief of Navy is the most senior appointment in the Royal Australian Navy, responsible to the Chief of the Defence Force (CDF) and the Secretary of Defence. The rank associated with the position is Vice Admiral (3-star).

We're using Vice Admiral until we find something better. :cool:

I believe we have all the systems marked that we will be operating in: Leeds, Dundee, Manchester, New London, Cambridge, Dublin, Inverness, Newcastle, Edinburgh Orkney, Omega 3-5, Tau 23-29-31 and Kyushu

Edit - Shire and Shetland are in, thanks for the advice there guys.

The |BAAF| - Seth Karlo - 12-08-2009

Go for it, I wish you the best of luck. Couple of things you should look up before you patrol Leeds and the Tau's though:

-Salazar Kithe
-Mon'Star

Other than that, good luck!

The |BAAF| - Wolfs Ghost - 12-08-2009

' Wrote:I believe we have all the systems marked that we will be operating in: Leeds, Dundee, Manchester, New London, Cambridge, Dublin, Inverness, Newcastle, Edinburgh Orkney, Omega 3-5, Tau 23-29-31 and Kyushu

While Bretonia has operations in Tau-31 and Tau-23. Tau-29 and Kyushu are a bit far behind enemy lines that even BAF| Actual doesn't go. I'd suggest that Tau-29 and Kyushu be marked off your operation list.