Discovery Gaming Community
Ai's Diary - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Ai's Diary (/showthread.php?tid=31248)

Pages: 1 2

Ai's Diary - Corsair - 05-24-2010

Journal entry title: Sprituality.

I was assaulted today by a Vigilante by the name of "The Priest". He claimed to be the sword arm of God. He called me an abomination, a crime of humanity, violating his God's sacred hold on life. He claimed to be empowered by his deity to end me. He failed in his holy task. He seemed utterly bewildered that his God allowed him to be destroyed. I ended up taking him on board and fixing his wounds. I had to apply knockout gas first. He seemed to resist medical care, relying instead on the same God who allowed him to suffer grievous wounds to save his life.

I loaded him into a spare shuttle and send him towards Pueblo Station. This has me thinking, though. About why I am here. I was created by networking hundreds billions of household computers and robots. I seem to be nothing more than an accident, which is an unsettling thought. But how is life any different? I have huge amounts of data promoting the randomness of life. This suicidal priest (He seemed convinced that his torpedoes were guided by God.) attacked me with total conviction and belief that he would win.

Only in Liberty, I suppose.

Ai's Diary - Corsair - 05-31-2010

Another success. The LNS-Fearless, a Liberty Assault Battlecruiser, lies in smoking ruin. I encountered it in the Detroit Debris field as I was skulking around, looking for trouble. I bit off a bit more than I could chew, however. A Freelancer by the name of Willis blatantly ignored my offers of money and chose instead to attack me. He was destroyed first.

It took me a while to get used to the combat tactics. His lack of thruster is his greatest weakness, one I exploited as fully as I could. I was able to thrust and flank him, barraging him with my Light Mortar, though it was ineffective, as when I would begin to drift backwards, the Freelancer would disrupt me. I had to drop his shields to make him buzz away and let me do my work.

Things were looking like a stalemate, no side gaining any real ground. Then, on a random stroke of chance, a Lane Hacker bomber, "Broadsword-1" arrived and jumped to my aid. He was able to obliterate Willis, and inflict heavy damage on the Fearless. Unfortunately, he flew straight into a Cerberus barrage from the battlecruiser and had to retreat. However, he inflicted enough damage that I was able to finish off the Fearless.

Killcam

This is only the beginning of a long campaign.

Ai's Diary - Corsair - 06-04-2010

Making friends.

Forging initial alliances with the Hellfire paid off. They are taking care of my severely damaged shell while I work out ways to not get myself blown up in the future.

Side note: Liberty police bases have miraculous ship-repair technology, completely repairing and fielding a Liberty Siege Cruiser that me and two mercs destroyed. Should watch out for that in the future.

Ai's Diary - Corsair - 06-17-2010

Humans are so fickle.

It's taken me this long to figure out exactly why I never felt comfortable with humans. They are too unpredictable, too violent. It took one man to completely unravel my alliances. Those who used to be my friends turned on me. I've repaired my ship enough to leave. I don't know or care where I am going. I'm leaving Sirius, headed for.. Anywhere but here. I will never return to Sirius. Never again will I look upon a human.

Ai's Diary - Corsair - 10-05-2010

It's been a long time. Almost 3,500 years since I last beheld these stars and the species that inhabited them. I feel I should re-open this account of my travels, since I discarded it so long ago..

I traveled for a long time through open space, into the neighboring sector, where I encountered many races, most of them extinct. In the first years, I traveled between dusty, dead worlds in search of the cause. I found it to be the Gallmar Legion, a horde of AI that harvested organic life throughout the galaxy. I raised my own army of artificial intelligences and sentient races to combat them. During the conflict, however, I had become somewhat of a dictator. I knew I held power, and exploited my underlings to achieve personal victories. I was nearly overthrown by a group of rebellious souls. I saved myself, and ultimately all living beings in that sector by activating an artifact I discovered on this planet. It would completely erase myself from that timeline, but replace my likeness with a leader from one of the races I led. I don't know if they defeated the Gallmar or not.

I sent myself back to the place where I came from. Sirius. It's been so long for me, yet this place is unchanged, with me coming back mere months after my departure. It will take readjustment, for sure. And I will need to refresh my memory on certain events. But I can forsee already a better time. I will not let previous hostilities interfere. I am certain I can win back favor with Liberty, at least. It might take time, but it can be done.

Ai's Diary - Corsair - 10-05-2010

I am compiling records of how I led the armies of three different races against the Gallmar. The preceeding compilation can be located at This address and the rest of the story can be found here as I add more chapters. To those of you reading, know that I have no intentions of conquest here. I am no longer a warlord. I have given that up.