Discovery Gaming Community
windows 7 compatible? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: windows 7 compatible? (/showthread.php?tid=31495)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

windows 7 compatible? - Patriot - 12-22-2009

' Wrote:Windows 7 ultimate 32-bits here.

Works wondeful.

Same here,everythings fine.

windows 7 compatible? - pieguy259 - 12-22-2009

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit here. Works fine for me.

windows 7 compatible? - Colonel Z.e.r.o. - 12-22-2009

Don't see why it can't, my friend is gonna give me a copy of 7 tomorrow, I'm positive it'll be ultimate. hopefully, it'll go off without a hitch, if not I just use the Vista recovery discs to bring back old Vista. *shudders*

windows 7 compatible? - Patriot - 12-22-2009

' Wrote:Don't see why it can't, my friend is gonna give me a copy of 7 tomorrow, I'm positive it'll be ultimate. hopefully, it'll go off without a hitch, if not I just use the Vista recovery discs to bring back old Vista. *shudders*

i use this bat in a mwerte thread,but you can use on vista too:P

[Image: bat3.jpg]

windows 7 compatible? - Contaan - 12-22-2009

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit works fine with Freelancer as well.

windows 7 compatible? - Colonel Z.e.r.o. - 12-22-2009

' Wrote:i use this bat in a mwerte thread,but you can use on vista too:P

[Image: bat3.jpg]
I don't see what the issue is with vista, I think the main problem with it was the fact people were upgrading with older hardware, that and the amount of people have computers now. Just like a cell phone. Now that Microsoft went and pulled the rug from under us when we were nice and comfortable with XP (back when there was less computer users) and replaced it with such a different system. People had to scramble to keep their treasured computer needs possible, and thus a lot of aggravation ensued. Otherwise its as much of a pain in the ass as any other OS. Oh yeah that and Apple's MAC was really starting ti embarrass Windows.

windows 7 compatible? - tansytansey - 12-22-2009

I'm using 64 bit, I don't even have to run it in compatibility mode.

windows 7 compatible? - Baltar - 12-22-2009

' Wrote::(has anyone managed to get it working on home premium?

Good news folks ... loaded Freelancer on my wife's computer which has Windows 7 Home Premium ... works like a charm.

Suggestion for FLMM and FAM ... install them in "My Documents" or some other directory to avoid permissions issues with the OS. And in order to run FLMM you'll need to set it up to "Run as administrator." Other than that you should be good to go.

' Wrote:Windows7 Ultimate 64bit here and everything works as it did in XP

Keep in mind that Ultimate has everything Professional has plus a couple extras ... Professional has everything Home Premium has plus the ability to run XP apps. Not all applications from previous versions of Windows will run on Home Premium ... but luckily Freelancer does.

windows 7 compatible? - pieguy259 - 12-22-2009

Well, XP Mode is a virtual machine running XP. XP apps should still WORK on 7, they'd just work BETTER under XP Mode.

windows 7 compatible? - FooFighter - 12-22-2009

Forget about 7. XP is superior.