Discovery Gaming Community
Reduce CD Refire Rate - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Reduce CD Refire Rate (/showthread.php?tid=31562)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Reduce CD Refire Rate - schlurbi - 12-23-2009

They're fine.

Reduce CD Refire Rate - mwerte - 12-23-2009

Discovery: If you don't like something whine about it till it gets nerfed.

Reduce CD Refire Rate - Thurgret - 12-23-2009

I can often launch 10 CDs and see CMs interfere with them all, so CMs would have to have their refire rate cut drastically too, I guess. That, and CDs are useful as tactical weapons - whether shooting mines or stopping something from engine killing. They are just fine as they are.

Reduce CD Refire Rate - Linkus - 12-23-2009

If CDs get reduced and then CMs get reduced in turn...what's the point?

Leave it as it is I say.

Reduce CD Refire Rate - tansytansey - 12-23-2009

' Wrote:Discovery: If you don't like something whine about it till it gets nerfed.
And then complain when it does get nerfed.

Reduce CD Refire Rate - Camtheman Of Freelancer4Ever - 12-23-2009

Yep, ussualy goes like this in disco. One of three ways.

A. Whine about it untill it gets changed.

B. Legit complaining about unfound stupid changes

C. Tottaly random off the wall b!indside-the-community changes, like cruise drain.

But on topic, CD's are fine. Really, it would be too much of a pain to rebalance both CM's and CD's... but for what?

Reduce CD Refire Rate - Tenacity - 12-23-2009

this is actually not a bad idea, particularly if it effects NPC's as well. Dropping it down to, say, a 0.50 refire rate (one shot every 2 seconds) would actually give someone time to use CM's and get away, from npc's or players alike.

Reduce CD Refire Rate - sovereign - 12-23-2009

I'd rather see NPCs have less CDs than have CDs get their refire nerfed. Seriously, eight CDs on some random corporate heavy fighter? What the hell? (Not exaggerating. I have screens.)

If the only problem is transports and such getting CD'd I'd rather buff CMs or make the Train CD have a slower refire. The Mosquito (or Hornet, can never remember which one I use) is a tactical weapon and I can't say I've ever used it to actually knock someone out of cruise... and it's fine. It requires timing more than spam (except when removing someone's sliver of hull).

I dun really see a need for a change other than making CMs actually work sometimes. CDs can whiff and fail to hit engine hardpoints more than you might think, it's CMs that don't stop CDs even when the CD hits the flare...

Reduce CD Refire Rate - Friday - 12-23-2009

You sure its the CDs fault?

Consider the reasons for using a CD.

1) Disrupting cruise: The standard CD used almost exclusively is the Train CD. This is due to its large blast radius.

The reason for this radius is to envelop the engine pods of Trains and other large ships. One caught, the only way for the target to escape is to thrust to a dock, or get a lucky break with a distracted enemy.

One must ask the question - what if the Interceptor was forced to target the ship's engines directly?

This would remove the need for a large blast radius on the CD, but how would this add to the degree of difficulty - more challenge, or too frustrating?

2) Detonating ordnance: An excellent form of defence against missile/mine spam. Using CDs in this way forces the spammer to, well, spam less - and be more tactical in the use of ordnance.

Again, a really large CD blast radius isnt needed (certainly a radius larger than the blast radius of the ordnance is a waste).

For defense refire rate of 0.50 should be sufficient to fire a CD with every pass against an enemy.

Overall, a vital tool for balance in combat.

3) Disrupting Engine Kill: Killing EK is used often in battles - especially bomber vs. cap. It controls an enemies movements - and prevents them from getting far enough away to line themselves up for a joust.

Again, a vital balancing tool.

Reduce CD Refire Rate - Mao - 12-23-2009

' Wrote:This is simple, NO!!!

(as some of you know the CD is not only used to cruise disrupt ships..., i already blown some fighters with their own mines with the CD)

I hate to say it but I'm with the outcast here:P