Discovery Gaming Community
Role playing does not mean kill at will! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Role playing does not mean kill at will! (/showthread.php?tid=3167)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Role playing does not mean kill at will! - DBoy1612 - 06-26-2007

No, NovaPG CAN NOT attack Traders in Cruisers.

The server rules say only people with Phantom and Terrorist IDs can. (TERRORIST, not BLOOD DRAGON... 2 different things)

So that was their wrong.

Role playing does not mean kill at will! - Commodore - 06-26-2007

then now I will report to admins

Role playing does not mean kill at will! - fwolf - 06-26-2007

' Wrote:According to rules cruiser's CAN'T attack trader's IF you have trader ID.IF you have a say zoner ID you are not a trader, but yes as i stated before some pirate's are using cruiser's to hit trader's and i am going to start posting screen shot's of the violater's.Maybe if they loose a hundred mil or get banned they will read the rules.(course that is up to the admins).:rolleyes:

I thought it was trader ship, not trader ID.

Trader ships are freighters and transports.

Now, you made a good question for a discussion. The rules say pirates in cruisers and battleships cant attack traders...do this refer to trader ships or to trader ID? If a trader is using a Universal Shipping ID, can a pirate attack him in a cruiser?

And why, I ask again, a lawful military in a cruiser or a battleship can attack a unlawful trader carrying contraband? Is not the same thing as a unlawful pirate attacking a lawful trader? Yes, I questioned that before. Fact is: theres too many rules in this server. Why not make things simple?

Traders actually are just money collectors. They dont roleplay it. Most of them are with trader ID and police tag. My trader have trader ID, but I removed any tag in it (the name of the pilot is Thomas Markus). But our money collectors, who, I known, are getting money to buy a battleship and attack pirates who are using gunboats, dont even care in removing their tags, and some put neutral ID so that nobody can attack them.

Roleplay is not kindergarten.

Role playing does not mean kill at will! - BestFlyerHere - 06-26-2007

F Wolf's right. However, serenity, you're in teh wrong. TBH_RedBeard, as i assume it was, may be corsair as you are, but that doesn't mean they can't shoot you. They are the corsair faction, TBH are, therefore, they control Omicron Gamma. They can declare you a traitor, and shoot you on sight.

Role playing does not mean kill at will! - Dab - 06-26-2007

God.. I don't know how many times I'll say this in my life... When someone is green on YOUR hud and they shouldn't be, it is not THEIR fault if they have the correct tag (which would be Corsair in this case, because I even saw TBH later that day, sporting a Corsair tag), it is YOUR fault they are green. You have Corsairs green, they will show up green. You want them to be red, then make Corsairs red. Role play, don't just go so you can be neutral to everyone. Pirates won't care.

BTW @ Commodore, NovaPG CAN attack your trader because it is a Bs| tagged one. That would be a faction fight, not piracy. If you had NO PC faction tag, the NovaPG wouldn't have been able to do that. But as you were, you were a legitimate target for their lasers. Also, only 1 NovaPG was present to shoot you. The other Talarca was no NovaPG.

Role playing does not mean kill at will! - Fellow Hoodlum - 06-26-2007

' Wrote:Traders actually are just money collectors. They dont roleplay it. Most of them are with trader ID and police tag.

I slightly resent that, along with the other fourteen members of [IND]. Just because you don't RP your trader,
doesn't mean everyone else gets tarred with your brush. Plenty of other characters also do.
Wolf, please live with it, its been explained, and the rules are there ...
Otherwise the tables get turned round, and the pirates do exactly as they want. The PvP server is for that.

Hoodlum

Role playing does not mean kill at will! - Commodore - 06-26-2007

' Wrote:God.. I don't know how many times I'll say this in my life... When someone is green on YOUR hud and they shouldn't be, it is not THEIR fault if they have the correct tag (which would be Corsair in this case, because I even saw TBH later that day, sporting a Corsair tag), it is YOUR fault they are green. You have Corsairs green, they will show up green. You want them to be red, then make Corsairs red. Role play, don't just go so you can be neutral to everyone. Pirates won't care.

BTW @ Commodore, NovaPG CAN attack your trader because it is a Bs| tagged one. That would be a faction fight, not piracy. If you had NO PC faction tag, the NovaPG wouldn't have been able to do that. But as you were, you were a legitimate target for their lasers. Also, only 1 NovaPG was present to shoot you. The other Talarca was no NovaPG.

dab, you were also going to destroy the person with me! just because im Bs| doesnt mean you can destroy someone whos grouped! plus the novaPG said to BOTH of us, "Halt, were gonna kill ya". Note: thats also not very roleplay. But then YOU came along and attacked me too! you were launching CDs at me, which was not allowed until the novaPG arrived! and the other happened to be YOU.

Role playing does not mean kill at will! - Nightfall - 06-26-2007

Commodore, since when launching CDs isn't allowed?

Role playing does not mean kill at will! - Dab - 06-26-2007

I think you forgot to check the chat window Commo, I was grouped with NovaPG before I even entered Sigma-13 after you. So in fact, I was working with the NovaPG as one team.

Role playing does not mean kill at will! - Malaclypse 666 - 06-26-2007

Some really odd "marriages of convenience" going on about Sirius these days.

RP? ...or just a little bloodlust?