Discovery Gaming Community
Bretonian Flag - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Bretonian Flag (/showthread.php?tid=32709)

Pages: 1 2 3

Bretonian Flag - Fletcher - 01-11-2010

' Wrote:Point of interest...its not a rectangular flag. It really is the triangle banner you see on the big ships.
True, but isn't that the same with the Liberty ships also? Or am I mistaken here? :unsure:

Bretonian Flag - Canadianguy - 01-14-2010

The 2nd one is the closest.

And I just saw that the flag on the wiki is the wrong colors.

Bretonian Flag - jammi - 01-14-2010

[Image: av-5.png]

This flag has served me well over time. So yes, all three are wrong.

Bretonian Flag - 75th Mosquitos - 01-15-2010

not only can i not get a flag made like that. i dont want a flag that shape,

if i am going to fly a flag, it will be square like every other flag in existance.

so as far as im concerned, that one is the wrong one. besides all i did was pull out the pointless indents and turned it back into an actual flag, so the second was the most correct.

Bretonian Flag - atlantis2112 - 01-15-2010

I can't put into terms how awesome you are.

Bretonian Flag - Capt. Henry Morgan - 01-15-2010

' Wrote:Point of interest...its not a rectangular flag. It really is the triangle banner you see on the big ships.
Actually, if you look on the floor of the landing bay on some Bretonian bases, you can see a rectangular flag painted on the floor, like this.

I'd suggest that the rectangular flag is the one we'd fly from flagpoles and such, while the banner is more like a military roundel.

' Wrote:not only can i not get a flag made like that. i dont want a flag that shape,

if i am going to fly a flag, it will be square like every other flag in existance.

so as far as im concerned, that one is the wrong one. besides all i did was pull out the pointless indents and turned it back into an actual flag, so the second was the most correct.
Not every other flag in existence is rectangular, lad. The nation of Nepal and the US state of Ohio both spring to mind without even thinking hard:

[Image: 300px-Flag_of_Ohio.svg.png]

[Image: 250px-Flag_of_Nepal.svg.png]

Bretonian Flag - pipboy - 01-15-2010

In which case option 1 is the most correct version.

Bretonian Flag - SamuWarcraft - 01-15-2010

Second one.

Bretonian Flag - MarvinCZ - 01-15-2010

Oh, damn those tea-sipping devils, they dared make a non-rectangular flag! Let's burn the abomination!

The weird-shaped banner is the correct stuff. Of course nobody will mind if you create a rectangular modification. Just be prepared to accept it's that, a modification.

The second is the best approximation of the genuine thing, although I don't like how the blue parts are so wide in the right. Can't be helped, I guess.

Bretonian Flag - tansytansey - 01-17-2010

There's a Bretonian rectangle flag on the floor of a Rogue base. I'll go find it for a screenshot, but I'm pretty sure none of the three options you showed are correct.

Edit:
[Image: clipboard03f.png]

done and done. It looks like there is a small blue space between the corners and the red lines,