Discovery Gaming Community
Coalition -Monsoon- Dreadnought - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Coalition -Monsoon- Dreadnought (/showthread.php?tid=33042)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Coalition -Monsoon- Dreadnought - Linkus - 01-16-2010

Could use it as a unique battleship of sorts for the SCRA, as a station.

Model itself is great. Clean and compact, though from a sideview it's a little lacking in terms of vertical variation (Eg, the hull remains roughly the same shape on the top and in terms of height throughout) but that does give it a certain charm too.
8/10 I'd say from a model only perspective:)

Coalition -Monsoon- Dreadnought - Luis - 01-16-2010

' Wrote:Where is the engine section of this rather impressive ship? On the rear end I only see some kind of scuttle.:P

Errr....engines? :unsure:

lol - im kidding.

The engines of this ship is pretty smaller than the other vessels around. Though, having it small makes it more slower, no?

If i could have texture, this thing would have been textured and hitboxed before posting. AND a better engine detail:P

Coalition -Monsoon- Dreadnought - Red_Bull - 01-16-2010

Sexy. That's all I have to say about this, especially for a ship you made for fun.

Coalition -Monsoon- Dreadnought - Saronsen - 01-16-2010

BS FWG.. That'd be like 3 mortars in power.

Ouch.

' Wrote:BS FWG.. That'd be like 3 mortars in power.

Ouch.

Well.....no.

Reason: Because the Battleship carries foward gun. In order to keep it's energy balance - 1 mortar is enough, due to the Gun fires the same rate as a Light Mortar. If this ship ever gets in - it will be powerfull on armor, but weak on power source.

Coalition -Monsoon- Dreadnought - Sprolf - 01-16-2010

It's a nice model, but there's a few concerns I have.

1) I believe that the Coalition doesn't really want a ship of this class
2) This vessel doesn't look like the current Coalition line.

I really love the blocky, utilitarian feel to it. It's built simply, but effectively, around a large cannon. It feels almost... like, well, a Junker ship. Based on the canon CSV/Heavy-Lifter/Gull line of civilian ships, not the newer stuff. I imagine that, if the Coalition didn't want it, you could easily retexture it for some fancy Junker destroyer or cruiser or battlecruiser or even maybe a battleships. Seems like they've wanted a ship like that.

Just my thoughts, though.

' Wrote:It's a nice model, but there's a few concerns I have.

1) I believe that the Coalition doesn't really want a ship of this class
2) This vessel doesn't look like the current Coalition line.
I really love the blocky, utilitarian feel to it. It's built simply, but effectively, around a large cannon. It feels almost... like, well, a Junker ship. Based on the canon CSV/Heavy-Lifter/Gull line of civilian ships, not the newer stuff. I imagine that, if the Coalition didn't want it, you could easily retexture it for some fancy Junker destroyer or cruiser or battlecruiser or even maybe a battleships. Seems like they've wanted a ship like that.

Just my thoughts, though.

Question is:
Where did the junker get all of the equipment to make a massive ship?

Coalition -Monsoon- Dreadnought - Jinx - 01-16-2010

just model-wise:

the shape and design is very good - and very FLish imo. there is sufficient or abundantly much detail all across the ship - so that it looks "whole" ( a slight problem you had with a few designs in the past where some parts were greatly detailed and some looked a bit disbanded )
the whole design is compact, yet suggests a size that is what i d call... reasonable for a capital warship of the fl universe. there are slight attempts of ornamentation ( like the "handles" on its spine ) that fit into the military design quite well.

there is nothing really to add - and only one little critizism.

the very front of the ship - its nose where the 8 extrusions ( which i guess are supposed to be either guns or sensors ) are located .. looks a little dull. - the use of simple extrusions is a bit too obvious there and might deserve another thought.

all in all - it does look like an old ship from the starlancer era - but one that was quite up to date back then - but not as sophisticated as the small frigate we see departing to the sirius sector at the end of the extended intro. - or in short ... it looks like a workhorse of considerable power, a mass produced military ship.

Coalition -Monsoon- Dreadnought - Varok - 01-16-2010

It looks like an coalition BS from the intro movie :)

It looks very gooooood but the engine its too small for a ship of those sizes.
Oh and I think the coalition will be glad to have an ship like this.

GJ mouth shot

' Wrote:just model-wise:

the shape and design is very good - and very FLish imo. there is sufficient or abundantly much detail all across the ship - so that it looks "whole" ( a slight problem you had with a few designs in the past where some parts were greatly detailed and some looked a bit disbanded )
the whole design is compact, yet suggests a size that is what i d call... reasonable for a capital warship of the fl universe. there are slight attempts of ornamentation ( like the "handles" on its spine ) that fit into the military design quite well.

there is nothing really to add - and only one little critizism.

the very front of the ship - its nose where the 8 extrusions ( which i guess are supposed to be either guns or sensors ) are located .. looks a little dull. - the use of simple extrusions is a bit too obvious there and might deserve another thought.

all in all - it does look like an old ship from the starlancer era - but one that was quite up to date back then - but not as sophisticated as the small frigate we see departing to the sirius sector at the end of the extended intro. - or in short ... it looks like a workhorse of considerable power, a mass produced military ship.

Meh....

Couldn't know what to do in the front of the ship anyways <:-/
IMO - is a "bit" too much for sensor arrays. If it was guns, it would have been rounder. Not sure what i made it for.....

' Wrote:It looks like an coalition BS from the intro movie :)

It looks very gooooood but the engine its too small for a ship of those sizes.
Oh and I think the coalition will be glad to have an ship like this.

GJ mouth shot

About the Engine: Small, 'compact', powerful enough to move it to it's destination;)

About the coalition having this ship: Highly doubtable.