Discovery Gaming Community
Prices and unfair ..... PLEASE READ - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Prices and unfair ..... PLEASE READ (/showthread.php?tid=3410)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Prices and unfair ..... PLEASE READ - Korrd - 07-25-2007

Topic cleaned. Let's stay on topic.

Prices and unfair ..... PLEASE READ - X-Lancer - 07-26-2007

ok, every one..think this way..a BS cost about 400million ..and a capital armor MK VIII can mutiply your base armor by 4.0..so 1 BS is 400million..and armor times 4..so is equal you buy 4 BS..4X400=1600million...and now it just 895million..is much cheaper...

you want to pay 1600million or 895million? your choice..

Prices and unfair ..... PLEASE READ - Korrd - 07-26-2007

Could not have explained it better myself.
From that point of view, the armour is a bargain!

Prices and unfair ..... PLEASE READ - Axe - 07-26-2007

In my opinion, BS's should be that much aswell. A good 1.6 billion for a battleship. But that is impossible to implement unless there is a player wipe.

Prices and unfair ..... PLEASE READ - Qunitinius~Verginix - 07-26-2007

Yes, if they cost that much, then people would not be using them so much and people would have a chance to have them Faction only or something like that, because only a sizable fleet of traders could get the funds for something that much.

Verg

Prices and unfair ..... PLEASE READ - Shagohad - 07-26-2007

I have to agree with Grievous. Some of the stuff is expensive. How much does that upgrade even add?!?!?!?!? My BS better dang well be invincible after that purchase! We also need new ways of making money. I'm finding that most of this stuff is out of reach due to over-pirating and overpriced items. Some of it is just boring! I can't go around trading all day for the next two weeks.

Prices and unfair ..... PLEASE READ - Knucklehead - 07-26-2007

' Wrote:In my opinion, BS's should be that much aswell. A good 1.6 billion for a battleship. But that is impossible to implement unless there is a player wipe.
If majkp is right about there being corrupted player files on the server causing the lag and crashes we've been seeing lately, it just might be time for one anyway.

Personally, I think 800 Million is a good average price for a battleship. Obviously, some would cost more, others less. That would probably keep the numbers more reasonable.

Prices and unfair ..... PLEASE READ - Hylden - 07-26-2007

You are all right here, but I think to something else. I played this game for quite some time, and I find it hard to start from scratch all over again. If I'd make a calculation of all my characters, and how much I spent on them... really I wouldn't like a wipe since I traded like an animal to get them...:D

Anyway, there aren't many BS in this game, at this moment.

Prices and unfair ..... PLEASE READ - Locke - 07-26-2007

I always like it when there's something rediculously hard to get in a game-- even if I never get it, I can always try for it. There's always that last goal to shoot for. I think there should be even more equip/weps that expensive and hard to get.

Prices and unfair ..... PLEASE READ - kiggles - 07-26-2007

Ok it is all good and well putting the prices up but I think in the end it is not going to help long term as we already put the price of caps up and we still have a problem. All putting the prices up results in is more people sitting for hours in there traders not actualy RPing.

Also not everyone has the time and patience to sit for hours and hours trading. I have been thinking for a while that although it keeps the capship numbers down it is kind of unfair on people who want to RP a capship and will actualy do it properly as this is ment to be a game and so is ment to be fun, but I personaly don't find much enjoyment spening all the time trading rather than actualy getting to RP just because everyone thinks that somthing should cost an ammount of credits that you can only make by not doing any RPing for a whole week.

So I can see your point in making everything cost alot but I still think that it does not provied a long term solution and it is also not particualy fair to all the differant players.

Kiggles:mellow: