Discovery Gaming Community
In a gaming rot.. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: In a gaming rot.. (/showthread.php?tid=34888)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

In a gaming rot.. - Serpentis - 02-15-2010

' Wrote:Play Galactic Civilizations II If you are looking for a good strategy one. What I love about it is you can customize all your ships using the ingame editor and create custom races.

If you get into you might also want to check out the mod collection for it, as there are many.

Cool, havent played that in ages!

' Wrote:Also:
<strike>Sins of a Solar Empire
Medieval Total War 2, </strike>
<strike>Need for speed most wanted </strike>
Order of War

Order of war?
Never heard of it, going to check it out.

' Wrote:Adventure games: Ultima 7 part 1 and 2 (The Black Gate and the Serpent Isle)

You can probably find them for free on one of those dos game nostalgia sites (they are from 1993)

Oooh.. Will check them out..

In a gaming rot.. - Quorg - 02-15-2010

Civilization 3 (if you want a complex strategy game)
Civilization 4 (if you want one that is slightly less complex)
Civilization Revolution (if you want one that you can play through quickly with online capability)

Also, Grand Theft Auto are always fun for a few hours.

In a gaming rot.. - Serpentis - 02-15-2010

' Wrote:<strike>Civilization 3 (if you want a complex strategy game)
Civilization 4 (if you want one that is slightly less complex)
Civilization Revolution (if you want one that you can play through quickly with online capability)

Also, Grand Theft Auto are always fun for a few hours.</strike>

How could I forget to add them, and I just bought Civ 3&4 again:P

GTA series I have allready..

Thanks tough!

In a gaming rot.. - FooFighter - 02-15-2010

Deus Ex and Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - they are some of the most epic games ever created. Trust me.

In a gaming rot.. - Zeltak - 02-15-2010

Who the hell has the time to play all these games!? D:

In a gaming rot.. - Akura - 02-15-2010

' Wrote:Deus Ex

Win, so much Win.

In a gaming rot.. - Dantrithor - 02-15-2010

Falcon 4.0 Allied Force

F-16 simulator, several variants, with a nice realistic campaign.

My recommendation: Full realistic settings. If you go through the first hours of learning curve... you will love it.

In a gaming rot.. - Birdtalon - 02-15-2010

One of my favourite series of RPGs are the Dungeon Siege series.

Some awesome gameplay in there.

In a gaming rot.. - eyvind - 02-15-2010

An RTS game that I tend to go back to again and again is World War III: Black Gold. It's quite specifically the United States invading Iraq for oil. It was released in 2001.

No infantry whatsoever, nothing but ground vehicles and aircraft.

Things like being able to mount different equipment on the same chassis made it interesting to play. You can build Cobras with nothing mounted at all, you can build Cobras with nothing but air filters mounted, or you can be boring and mount missiles and whatnot else too.

The campaign was fun and interesting, so were skirmishes, never had a chance to play multiplayer.

In a gaming rot.. - ivr56 - 02-16-2010

World in Conflict

Demo is out their with SP, Tutorial and even Online (One Map) support with Ladders and Ranks

My favorite RTS of all time.

High emphasize on Teamwork.
TA: Tactical Aid - You gain TA points from capturing command points (Think Battlefield Conquest Mode) and damaging enemy. TAs range from small Motar strikes to full on Fuel Air Bombs, Daisies, Napalm, Hvy Artillery, and even Nukes.
Pure Action - No Base building. Its a Action Junkie's RTS dream. Lots of micro involved.

Camera Design is Complete Win (WSAD Used for Camera Movement and Able to Manipulate Camera to Any Angle you Desire)
Graphics are Gorgeous. But you dont need a good rig to run it though hit helps (Ran it on 1.8Ghz Single, 1.5GB and a 7600GS runs smooth as silk)

4 Different Classes Each with Strengths and Weaknesses.
Ex. Armor cant do anything without support if a air player is about. Air player can make Armor feel some pain. Very hard to solo a team on your own.

Classes Need to work together. Can switch classes any time
Armor, Air, Infantry and Support
3 Countries

Great SP Campaign. Not to mention awesome Cinematic work.

Plenty of Content Including Developer Map Releases. They approve certain community made maps for ranked play.
Mod Support and Full Friendly Map Creator.
Camera Broadcast Tool
Movie Maker built into Replay System

Dedicated Servers! 16 Player Cap (8v8) No Lag (Or depends on where you live compared to server) no Host with the Most Advantages.

Clan Support and Full Stat Tracking.

At 20 bucks (Canadian) right now. And its not on your list its a great bargain.
It feels like Battlefield but a RTS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gup1Y5eyaU - ESL (Electronic Sports League) Montage of the Championship Match Footage. Lots of chaos lots of fun