Discovery Gaming Community
New systems Discussion - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: New systems Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=359)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

New systems Discussion - Dab - 12-01-2005

Didn't know that Igiss made one too. Guess there are 4 then.

BTW moderator/admin please move this into another post its off-topic.

New systems Discussion - Korrd - 12-01-2005

This text was extracted from a virus post in the illusions thread.
I tought that leaving this where it was originally located would cause confussion, so y cutted from the original post and pasted it here. so the thread continuity is not broken...

Dab,Nov 30 2005, 03:55 PM Wrote:I'm working on the "more systems" mission... about 10-15 new systems next update. :D :yahoo:
[snapback]6814[/snapback]

And as for you.... 10 MORE systems is just too much... I think seven is a more appropriate number. That still leaves a lot of new places to explore. 10-15 more systems would be a lot to learn about for me and any new players to the Discovery Universe, especially if they don't register to the forums.

EDIT: It should be between posts 3 and 4, but for some reason, the posts i moved after this appeared before it....

New systems Discussion - Igiss - 12-02-2005

Quote:If we keep going that fast, this mod will became the best of all!!
Many systems is not necessarily the best.

Quote:I'm working on the "more systems" mission... about 10-15 new systems next update.
Did you open my Omicron Delta in Freelancer Explorer? That's probably the minimum density of objects I'd expect from a populated system, and it actually takes lots of time to create one.

I also guess that you entrust Freelancer Explorer to create new dll files for infocards, which causes terrible bugs in some cases. Infocards must be added manually, and that's what I'll have to do myself.

Wished to publish a set of recommendations of how system makers should hand over what they've done to me. I don't expect you to make up a new mod version with everything included, this won't help me at all, will only increase the amount of work I'll have to do. Rather than that, I expect something like

New ini files you've created + Changes to original ini files with description where to add what + Infocard information.

This will save me alot of time.

And please review the system creation tips that I've posted in this forum earlier.

New systems Discussion - Dab - 12-02-2005

After I do all my system modifications and creation I'll also send a notpad document stating all the changes I have done. So you can more easily find it and add it into 4.79 quicker.

New systems Discussion - Angel - 12-03-2005

Ill do the Same, ill try and make it an easy transfer. ;)

New systems Discussion - Profile - 01-03-2006

Don't know if I can ask my question here but...
Will there be Russian and/or French systems ?

New systems Discussion - Dab - 01-03-2006

I've been mostly working on expanding the old houses. If we make a Russian/French house someone will need to expand the Nav Map and I dont know how to do that.

New systems Discussion - Angel - 01-03-2006

Probably not, There might be names, but no dedicated Russian or French systems.

New systems Discussion - rosso - 01-05-2006

Korrd,Nov 30 2005, 06:15 PM Wrote:Yeah!
But at the rate new factions are being created, we will run out of systems to claim...
We might need to add a new house (or even more systems)...
[snapback]6788[/snapback]
maybe you should make the hispania house which is former corsair and outcasts and they own the omicrons

New systems Discussion - Dab - 01-06-2006

Taking the Outcasts and Corsairs out of the game would ruin everything. Even just taking them out of the Omicrons would be ruining the game. Not to mention how long it would take to convert a couple systems into a house faction.